• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need a teacher on Atlantic

L

Lord Richard

I want to learn to PvP from an experienced player, to go to Fel and kick ass with the best of them. I don't care if it's a woman or man. I will sense very quickly a scammer, so don't even try it on me. All I want is to be given some good advise, and be able to work with a good, honest player, or guild. Please PM me and we will arrange to meet for an "interview". The main reason for this post is because I am growing very bored with the game *as* it is being played by me...and would like to go in with what I consider to be the best of the best.

Thanks

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd recommend going to test and learning there. Many of the "leet" pvpers on Atlantic (and other servers) have chars on test. Better to learn the hard knocks of pvp with test center gold then Atlantic gold.

Plus I find some of these "leet" pvpers will check thier ego before logging in to test, as many of them are there to test pvp related things.

Of course, be wared that the world of pvp isnt such a great place to be in if your ego bruses easy. You WILL have to deal with loud mouth punks that will push the TOS to its limits as far as trash talking goes. Just ignore them and try to learn the combos and tactics that people use to kill you at first. In time, you'll figure out how to use thier same tactics against them! :)

GL

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that TC is a good place to get some good advice and to get over that initial "OMG I am being attacked" and "OMG I am attacking someone" rush that comes with being new to PvP.

Once you are fairly comfortable with the whole thing on test, then move on to a real sever where you can learn the real ins and outs for that server.

L

love2winalot

"All Kill"

There ya go, lesson over, you owe me 127 kabillion gold.:scholar:

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll teach you. Yeah, I'll show you the way. I'll get out some scented candles, some oil, open up a whole new world now that you're tired of the usual.

Wait, what? PVP?

I don't swing that way, perverts!

A

AtlanteanAngel

[Offer valid on Formosa shard only]

Ho Ho Ho! I'll sell my PvP God Suit (including secret template details) for 100mil gold. Just look me up at (Formosa) Luna bank. Anyone (on Formosa) interested can look me up for a duel to demonstrate the efficacy of my PvP God Suit & PvP God Template (the suit I'm selling is a duplicate that's almost as good as my own). I've never lost a duel and never will. (if you're good, really good, we'll draw. I don't profess to kill everyone I duel with. Anyone with such a claim is just ridiculous silly).

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. TC is the place to learn PvP. You might want to read up on Templates in the Professions Forums to find out what you should try. I wouldn't bother looking for a "Teacher". I'd just go to TC and be "schooled" for a few weeks by anyone you find near the gates or in the dungeons.

You'll find out what works and what doesn't. You'll find a few players who will give up their tactics and secrets. Some will be just arogant you-know-whats, but just ignore them.

Once you feel comfortable enough, move to your shard of choice and try to find a decent Guild. Doing the Champ Spawns with a guild is a fun way to get into PvP; especially because your PvM skills will actually be of use there.

K

Kiwillian

If you are on Atlantic, like you say, I would recommend hanging out in New Haven. Lot's of helpful people about and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

You may want to look into LLTS, HOT or * perhaps? (I know nothing about these guilds personally, just that they may PvP a bit so don't flame me!)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Offer valid on Formosa shard only]

Ho Ho Ho! I'll sell my PvP God Suit (including secret template details) for 100mil gold. Just look me up at (Formosa) Luna bank. Anyone (on Formosa) interested can look me up for a duel to demonstrate the efficacy of my PvP God Suit & PvP God Template (the suit I'm selling is a duplicate that's almost as good as my own). I've never lost a duel and never will. (if you're good, really good, we'll draw. I don't profess to kill everyone I duel with. Anyone with such a claim is just ridiculous silly).
See, Richard, that's what PvP in Felucca mostly is about: A bunch of loud-mouthed jokers who claim they're the gods of PvP, and suddenly when they're down to 10% health they use their speed hack to get away from you. If you want to do serious PvP with mutual respect and a minimum of social behavior, better try guild wars in Trammel.

R

Radun

Don't bother doing test... just hop to the shard's fel moongate and check out what's going on there..
most likely what you'll see is several groups of player coordinating their attacks and defenses in an effort to snuff out the other groups while keeping their own members up.

This pvp is basically all about timing and communication.
Timing comes with practice, but you'll learn more by getting into a guild with a good caller, than you would by going to test and spending hours tweaking out a suit just to get your rear-end handed to you the same as you would on your home shard.:scholar:

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Radun, you are right about learning more on your home shard; however, TC has the benefit of not losing gold to death while you are getting used to attacking and being attacked. For most, the first week or so of PvPing is a heart-pounding fight-or-flight feeling every single time. It is hard to learn to do level-headed things when you are in that rush.

Once you have gotten over that rush and can think thru an attack, then it is time to go home and find a good teacher or guild to help you with the thought process :)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TC also has the benefit of you not getting used to PvPing with your own suit and template, and having to PvP with more hackers and such than usual.