• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] I need a lil help

Z

Zeba6793

Ok so I'm brand new at this. My mom plays and I am going to do factions...what is the best template?

B

Balian of Asgard

I think it will depend upon what you enjoy playing and how you play.

Dexxers have to chase alot and get right ontop of the target to hit it, archers can be within 10 tiles, and mages can attack from distance as well.

There isnt really a best template.

But if one had no skill issues, memory issues and is quick , the most dominant faction template is probably a necro mage.

Beware, in order to be at the highest level, you will need many expensive items to build the suit and many expensive powerscrolls as well.

K

Kith Kanan

Make a chiv archer :)

120 arch
120 tac
100 ana
100 heal
120 resist
100 med
rest chiv / 60+ (adjust for items and so forth )

try to get as high fc/fcr as possible

easy to play and hard to kill

A

Arch Magus

120 arch
120 tac
100 ana
100 heal
120 resist
100 med

This.
Or, if you are going to be strictly factions with a group most of the time, try adding in Hide/Stealth. Become a dismounter to help your team!
\
120 arch
120 tact
100 anat
100+ ninja
100 hide
100 stealth
gm resist/healing

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

120 arch
120 tac
100 ana
100 heal
120 resist
100 med

ooh been thinking about playing pvp for a change just to liven my life up I have very close to this on my pvm archer but have bushido instead of med would that work? I have 11 mana regen on my suit and mana leech on almost all my bows?not to mention the fb and ls or velocity bows i have with mana leech

A

Arch Magus

Yeah, that's fine.
You don't have to keep Med on a char like this with the right suit.

Personally, bushido is more pvm oriented but I'm sure it has it's uses in pvp.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
do the crits still work the same or is there a max? I know I hit in pvm on the crimson for 200 to 300 on my crits and about 100 to 150 on normal hits( i mean normal without ls)saw ony hit for 567 i think it was but there were so many numbers on screen I couldnt tell 4 sure

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as template goes, I would have to ask what type of chars do you normally play, how much PVP have you done, what shard are you on and how active is factions on that shard, and what type of support do you have (ie are you in a guild that is active in factions in fel, or are you basically going to be lone wolf at the gate).

If I was just doing it by myself, then I would go with the stealth archer route and try to get my kills in whenever I can. Otherwise everyone will be gunning for you and without anyone helping it probably will get old very fast.

If your in a active PVP/Faction guild, then play what your familier with playing. There are good PVP templates for just about every template.

B

Balian of Asgard

do the crits still work the same or is there a max? I know I hit in pvm on the crimson for 200 to 300 on my crits and about 100 to 150 on normal hits( i mean normal without ls)saw ony hit for 567 i think it was but there were so many numbers on screen I couldnt tell 4 sure
I am pretty sure that all specials, incl. critical are capped in pvp, for instance AI is capped at 35

In Pvp bushido offers confidence and LS for archers, conf is nice for healing on the move while pounding bandies and chugging.