• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I miss the Spring Cleaning already :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was out doing a little fishing last night and when I fished up a whole series of severed heads, barrel pieces and shells, at first I had a "oh, that's nice" reaction, then I remembered that the spring cleaning is over and I no longer have anything to do with them.

I really liked how the spring cleaning gave a nice little rewarding sink for these sorts of uncommons that we normally just throw away. It would be nice to see some of these turn-ins added permanently to the library collections.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea when i do idocs its the same thing now lol i get recipes and random junk low level doom arties and im like not bad, then i realize the turn in is over...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree.

It would be very nice to see some turn in items added to the collection.

L

Lord Kynd

all of the shipwreked items should be added to the turn-in's we already have , same with all the spring items.

turn-in's need some help badly, it would be nice to actually see what the 'finished' displays look like on max tier's . :)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I am missing the turn-ins too. I think something should be kept in place, certainly added some more fun to my UO day! :)

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, they should make seasonal collections (Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc.), which accept different items and give appropriate rewards!

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just a nice collector that accepts fishing items in turn for say...

1. a pirate ship (Common you know you can do it and we want it bad!){See #5}
2. the fancy Sextant
3. a Hook hand (Sorta like the Claws the Ninjia Use the name escapes me)
4. A Wench Sorta like the Personal Attented
5. Boat Cannons. they will auto fire when you fish or net cast
(The monster pops the Cannon fires to help you when it is 5 Krakens)

Feel free to add more!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the Dev's actually forgot to warn us that spring cleaning was ending with publish 55. I was able to get most of the items I wanted, a soucerer's armor set, beehive, archery butte, a sherry the mouse statue, and the new jewelry. But many of my friends got cut off and will not get some of things they wanted. I was going to go for some of the trees next. so I feel lucky I got what I got when I did.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Err ... no, we were warned about 20 times, that it would be in Mid-August, then it was pushed back to Late-August, then we were told specifically "With Publish 55" ... so ya, when Pub55 rolled everyone I knew understood that was it ...

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. I was working last night doing quests in Heartwood. All these junk recipes and talisman! I was wishing there was something I could do with them other than hit the trash barrel. After doing some of those quests and crafting it's too bad there's so much junk you get back.

E

Evilminion

Actually, there are quite a few of us deco-happy folks waiting cheerfully for people to start restocking vendors with shipwreck items, daily stealables, dungeon rares, and other things that the turn-in included.

I haven't been able to really finish a home design in months, because of Spring Cleaning. Now that it's over, I'm really hoping to be able to get some nice deco again soon!

C

Connor_Graham

I'm enjoying the break. I've got a ton of stuff I put on the back burner so I could focus on getting points. Now that it's over I've been playing catch up and getting a lot of things done now.

J

Jhym

I put off getting points together because... I wasn't in the mood. Thus the last night I was rushing around picking up just enough points for the batch of things I had decided I wanted.

Then I had 50 points left, so I decided I get a shirt, so I went and did heartwood for a little while. Then I saw another shirt and did heartwood a little longer.

I ended up with 250 more points sitting there, and finally decided that was enough.

I have to say I'm not sure I like the bamboo I got though... it's brown all over, I thought it was multi-colored beige and green.

After thinking about it I had realized that while I sort-a wanted a necklace/bracelet and a few other things, I actually didn't want them because -I- wanted them, but in order to hold for later sale. My characters don't really need things like that.

I was mildly confused though when I got the virtue tile set and was coming up short 10K in points afterwards. I forgot about the Chaos tile lol

Of course people do know the reason for the spring cleaning events is to create new mega-rares, right?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best we start hording again..hording stuff..and lots of it...just incase of turn in event 3...

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What was sad for me is my last minute scramble to turn in all the things I accumulated from my guildmates account that she handed over...and finding the basket that had TONS of turn in stuff that I somehow overlooked until yesterday... :(

although I'll also be glad that thieves are selling their thieved goods again, especially baskets, right Evilminion!?
;)

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck, what's sad is I know people that were holding on to stuff and hoarding it because they thought they could sell it later. For some reason people were convinced many items would be come rare or phased out completely. lol

I just cleaned out both houses and I'm trying to prevent becoming an obsessive compulsive hoarder again.
Sometimes I think UO gives us an outlet to hoard junk we can't RL.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just a nice collector that accepts fishing items in turn for say...

1. a pirate ship (Common you know you can do it and we want it bad!){See #5}
2. the fancy Sextant
3. a Hook hand (Sorta like the Claws the Ninjia Use the name escapes me)
4. A Wench Sorta like the Personal Attented
5. Boat Cannons. they will auto fire when you fish or net cast
(The monster pops the Cannon fires to help you when it is 5 Krakens)

Feel free to add more!

Customizable boats where we can lock things down !

(i know, this should be on a Pirate expansion thread !.........lol)

M

Mayadevi

I miss parts of Spring cleaning already too !

I have way too many heads from shipwrecks already :(

Maybe if enough people post on it they will give us someplace to turn in shipwreck items, and some of the savage stuff and other things we always accumulate that the other collections don't take !

Mayadevi ( who keeps all the nifty deco stuff, but doesn't really need any more arms and legs :)