• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I know it's been a while but - really?

K

Kevlar

What happened to the forum? What happened to the Profession forums? What happened to Moonglow? What the HELL happened to Magincia? Has anyone been trying to stop this destruction? What happened to Haven? Why are there lots of evil dudes in Serpents Hold? and Cove? Why doesn't UOMap work? *takes breath* ...somebody...

F

Fink

It's what happens when The Creator leaves Creation to its own devices.. :eek:

K

Katlene

ok, the peoples that were hosting the foums made a biggun mistake and everything went splat, there was meant to have been a merger over the weekend but nothing changed for me here! These are now the stratics boards welcome to v bulliten!
Hopefully the profession forums will be back soon or at least recreated.

Moonglow someone else can explain im absolutly lost with that.

Magincia exploded, literaly! Demons came through a void rift and the light demons when nearing death exploding and took buildings with it. A few people around the place have rubble, which is bits of magincia that were pickupable. Im guessing at some stage in the story line it will be rebuilt.

Haven is the biggest booboo i think the game has ever made. It also went splat and new haven was created with loads of npc quest givers to help you with skills & you also get things off them. but still all the quirky lil fun things that oce had in haven are now gone like stone henge, the treasure room the burning ship etc :sad3:

Evil dudes in serpents hold are linked with the evil dudes in cove & nujelm (sp?) its something else im not totally sure off as ive been out of the loop a bit lately have had real life things happening.

Theres something about choosing sides & theres a glass dagger involved in it somewhere but ive not done that yet

UO map i have no idea on i havnt used that in donkeys.

PS welcome back :D

K

Kevlar

Thanks - that will teach me to take extended leave from UO and Stratics (I miss my old title).

D

Desperado

What happened to the forum? What happened to the Profession forums? What happened to Moonglow? What the HELL happened to Magincia? Has anyone been trying to stop this destruction? What happened to Haven? Why are there lots of evil dudes in Serpents Hold? and Cove? Why doesn't UOMap work? *takes breath* ...somebody...
Well you would leave it to its own divices :hahaha:

K

Kevlar

Thanks! I spoke/wrote to Brekkee and she restored me! It's good to be back.

K

Kevlar

BTW - Greater Dragon? What's so great about it? (Except for the fact that you shouldn't be complacent with it?)

Also there used to be a really good site for all things to do with recipes, resources etc. Anyone remember/know of it?

F

Fink

BTW - Greater Dragon? What's so great about it? (Except for the fact that you shouldn't be complacent with it?)
It's horridly overpowered (unless you happen to own one, then it's a long overdue addition to the game),

Also there used to be a really good site for all things to do with recipes, resources etc. Anyone remember/know of it?
uoguide.com

PS: Welcome back :twak:

K

Kevlar

Thanks!

... and Thanks!

PS And Thanks - it's good to be back?!? (Except, it's kind of enforced as I am home for 6-8 weeks with Whooping Cough!)

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAM is no longer being updated/supported by its creator :( One of the saddest losses in my time playing, sigh.

New Haven is a good idea half-finished - true newbie land... you can raise skills very quickly to 50 by doing quests from the training npcs. Only problem is that not all skills are included. No taming/wilderness trainers, for example. Upon completion your char gets an item of armour/weaponry/jewelry pertinent to the skill trained. Handy for starting up on a new shard - the stuff you get isn't going to keep you alive against a Balron, but its better than looting armour off Ogres, heh.

Greater Dragon... yeah well. Playerbase is split on that one. Its introduction has lead to the latest round of "n3rf tam3rs" threads on UHall. Haven't had a chance to test my Greater's effectiveness in Peerless versus beetle/bake, but they're a damned good PvM tank. 5 control slots, and incredibly slow movement speed.

As far as the rest goes, nfi. Been away a fair bit myself.

@ Katlene - "Pickupable". Love it!

K

Katlene

hehe i like making up new words tis fun.
whats the drama with uoa? its working fine for me

F

Fink

Yeah im shattered at automap. I relied on it so much.
I never bothered with it, kind of knew my way around from early years of walking as opposed to recalling. Did it do much besides replace the radar scope thing?

K

Katlene

yeah it had all the names of all the shops, so you could recall to meh i dunno any town, and if you needed to find the blacksmiths, youd look for the symbol above a shop and can mouse over it to see name also.
i used it to find where the illusionists guild was in moonglow i had absolutly no idea!.
Its great for treasure hunting as you can put in the co-ords and set up a marker and it shows you the way to go & how close your getting. Also handy when your giving co-ords in game :D
its quite handy for navigating around dungens aswell for someone like me that gets lost easily its great!! :thumbsup:

K

Kevlar

I never bothered with it, kind of knew my way around from early years of walking as opposed to recalling. Did it do much besides replace the radar scope thing?
One of the best features was that you could put a marker wherever and on whatever you wanted. I used it to mark coloured veins of ore and it would have been great for different types of wood trees.

It does work for some people apparently but I can't seem to synchronize it with my chars. *sighs*

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can get it to open up, and track my char (need to calibrate it every time i use it) however it doesnt show any land/sea. I see all the shop signs and everything, and i can place markers etc etc, but it is just black in the background, and thats realy annoying.
Maybe its time for me to get UOAssist. How much did it cost again?

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can get it to open up, and track my char (need to calibrate it every time i use it) however it doesnt show any land/sea. I see all the shop signs and everything, and i can place markers etc etc, but it is just black in the background, and thats realy annoying.
Maybe its time for me to get UOAssist. How much did it cost again?
You dont need to pay for UOA, just run it unregistered and it auto calibrates UOAM, if that still doesn't work reinstall UOAM.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All i see when i load mine up is the land masses/oceans. i dont see any icons or anything. ive calibrated it so many times but i still cant manage to get them up :( its getting annoying

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dont need to pay for UOA, just run it unregistered and it auto calibrates UOAM, if that still doesn't work reinstall UOAM.
How do you run it unregistered? Ive already used my free trial thing years ago.

K

Kevlar

THanks Sneaky - I got it working again! So much better than the standard UO map!

K

Kevlar

Just do as Sneaky said - download UOA then run it. It still runs but has no functionality, then run UOMap. It auto-calibrates! Voila!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im still trying to get mine working properly... going to have another go this atfernoon

A

Amathist of PoC

I know how Kevlar feels I took a break just to stretch my legs and visit another land for a bit.....come back and had to re register for stratics...which now I think of it probably means I am paying for stratics plus that I am not using....and as for in game OMG I am like a fish out of water.

Thank god for having a guild or I would be standing in luna totally lost and confused.

K

Kevlar

Thank god for having a guild or I would be standing in luna totally lost and confused.
I don't know about standing in Luna but I have been visiting a lot of the other towns ... and ... *shock!* *horror!* there were other people there!

I have also been checking out the other lands and the older dungeons. Some places I haven't been to, literally, for years! It's been interesting. I've even spent a fair amount of time in Fel and haven't been killed yet - I'm very impressed. Mind you, I have had a house in Fel almost since Oce (Fel) started.