• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have always wondered why wizard staffs wern't added to UO

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know we have the staff of the magi and all that but its just not the same as something like this. How can my RP wizard "feel right" without a overly-long staff with a glowy globe on the end?

It wouldn't have to have extra mods over what we already get from quarter staffs et al. Maybe it would be a nice addition when SA comes out maybe?

I

Inspector

We used to have something like wizard staffs... Before AoS they spawned with spell charges on some.... but it proved to be quite powerful. People would run around with them on a macer and hit their last object last target macro's so if they weren't getting a beating from the staff... they still were.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sings* Ohhhhh a wizzzzards staff has a knob on theeee end, a knob on theeee end, a knob on theeee end.

With apologies to Pratchett fans and Nanny Ogg!

*gets coat*

S

Simon Francis

The glacial staff's used to be so powerful. Was super hot

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not asking to get new powerful wizard staffs. I am really looking for just new graphics and maybe a name to it.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a few different new staff graphix too. :)

Maybe we should all try to come up with something. Easy to modify an existing staff from InsideUO...at least easier than doing it from scratch. You would have the size and basic shape already to work with.

I think it would be awesome if player created art could be incorporated for certain things, like an item for RP purposes or something without powerful effects. It would be a neat way for the artists and creative among UO's playerbase to have the chance to become a permanent part of the game through their graphic.

Probably not possible due to legal crapola or something, but it would still be fun!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a few different new staff graphix too. :)

Maybe we should all try to come up with something. Easy to modify an existing staff from InsideUO...at least easier than doing it from scratch. You would have the size and basic shape already to work with.

I think it would be awesome if player created art could be incorporated for certain things, like an item for RP purposes or something without powerful effects. It would be a neat way for the artists and creative among UO's playerbase to have the chance to become a permanent part of the game through their graphic.

Probably not possible due to legal crapola or something, but it would still be fun!
I would like to see that. It would be wonderful to see the player base to have a lasting effect to the game they love to play. As far as I am concerned,the "wizard staff" would not have to have any special mod or bonus of any kind(besides maybe SC with no penality). Damage wise it could be just like a black staff and I would be happy.

T

tymbow

If they added one the only thing I'd like to see is for it to be able to be equiped in the left hand so you can hold a spell book and a staff. Either that or allow spell books to be either left or right hand.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amen on that. We do need a wizards staff and be able to equip a spellbook with it as well. Only mod I would want on that would be spell channeling with no negative on magery. No other mods at all. Basically do the damage of a regular staff but with SC. Because after all, it's a wizards staff.