• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a quote for ya as well...

G

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Although Mr. Thomas is referring to human death here, it also holds true to the way many people feel about the game they love.

A little raging could go a long way in making EA understand that the players do not want some of the things they are trying or will try to implement.

It may do no good at all however.

One of the things about inevitable death is acceptance. If the game becomes something some of us do not wish to accept we will simply move on. But not without a little raging.

I

imported_debslee

IMO I think there is enough raging on these boards to write a book, plus three sequels!

I

imported_debslee

Only if you sell a bottle of anti-depressants with it!!!

G

oh wow!...one of my favorites!
here's my own version

I see the world as it should be and I live in the world as it is. I see in the world the multitude that have bred complacency of apathy into our existence, and it sickens me.
~Avyi (c) 2007

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only if you sell a bottle of anti-depressants with it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't find this line funny at all. In my opinion, I find it rather appalling and I am offended by such a statement being used so loosely.

G

Going off topic here i suppose but i do not think that comment is any more loosely used than the one you have in your signature.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

Going off topic here i suppose but i do not think that comment is any more loosely used than the one you have in your signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a chance here and assume he was kidding. I hope you were as well.

I

imported_debslee

I am sorry if my comment offended you, and it was not made in an effort to offend anyone. Please accept my apology. I dont want this thread to turn nasty and become a bashing thread.......

I

imported_Spacey

Don't worry about it. It's not any more offensive than his signature about shoving kids in an oven.

Neither offends me, but I'm not everyone.

Anyway, nice quote.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Although Mr. Thomas is referring to human death here, it also holds true to the way many people feel about the game they love.

A little raging could go a long way in making EA understand that the players do not want some of the things they are trying or will try to implement.

It may do no good at all however.

One of the things about inevitable death is acceptance. If the game becomes something some of us do not wish to accept we will simply move on. But not without a little raging.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yay! I like this game!
Can we point out life lessons in Road Runner cartoons next?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yay! I like this game!
Can we point out life lessons in Road Runner cartoons next?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not:

If you are chasing life and fall off a cliff, drop 500 feet and hit 20 cacti on the way down, and land on a pointed rock. Just stand up dust yourself off and resume your chase for life.

Then you see a shadow coming at you, its the lip of the cliff ...SMACK... screen goes to black...

G

*ignores Donovan's attempt at sarcasm* :p

yeah why not, heres an analogy, the road runner represent the EA game we would all like to play, and Mr. Wile E. Coyote represents all the little ealand players trying to catch it!

Hehe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeah why not, heres an analogy, the road runner represent the EA game we would all like to play, and Mr. Wile E. Coyote represents all the little ealand players trying to catch it!

Hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh... ok... I get it.
We (the players) are a bunch of furry morons with big ears, big nose, no pants, unlimited credit card, an incredible resistance to multiple compound fractures, and a taste for fast food.

Hmmm.... never looked at it that way.

Interesting.

I

imported_CrazyGirl

Don't take it personal. Donavan is on a roll tonight and just ran out of people to pick on.

I

imported_corpatortis

o see.. I think the 10 people protesting are not enough to get reversals on new implementations. but keep quoting I like new angles to complaining

G

10??? ten????? 11-1????? Diez????? Wow, we need a recount here! lol

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

10??? ten????? 11-1????? Diez????? Wow, we need a recount here! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a number i pulled out of my ass

i'll say that now before you start reading people's post history to get the actual count.

my point was that the people disagreeing.. all seem to be in a similar group. maybe it's a fad, i don't know. complaining is the new black?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh... ok... I get it.
We (the players) are a bunch of furry morons with big ears, big nose, no pants, unlimited credit card, an incredible resistance to multiple compound fractures, and a taste for fast food.

Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

well im not so sure about individual appearances, but i wouldnt mind unlimited credit cards, and i do have a taste for fast food. Furthermore, although i really do not wish to know the numbers, I'm betting there be some pant-less players at times! ROFL

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh... ok... I get it.

Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

well im not so sure about individual appearances, but i wouldnt mind unlimited credit cards, and i do have a taste for fast food. Furthermore, although i really do not wish to know the numbers, I'm betting there be some pant-less players at times! ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

i know one pant-less dev

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh... ok... I get it.

Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know one pant-less dev

[/ QUOTE ]
x

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't take it personal. Donavan is on a roll tonight and just ran out of people to pick on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I was just kidding around.
It takes so much out if you have to explain the punchline.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TTL

Robot stations in factories were obviously ordered from the ACME company because they never work right. Robot workers need the speed of the roadrunner to escape catastrophe and the perserverance of Wyle E Coyote to keep going.

I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss the life lessons taught in cartoons