• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] I have a question

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have read about the exploit that allows to change the name of the items and also erase it
I see that the true rare Kettle weights 30 but theres for sale one and weights 10
Is the weight of the item telling us that theres a massive amount of exploited items around ?
If yes it would be interesting doing a post with pics of the real ones and its weight
Best regards

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The exploit I can attest to first person has been fixed and only involved items that stacked and the weight of the fake items was always 1 stone. There was another one that supposedly involved the graphics of the stealing balms/potions, but I did not confirm whether that worked or not, or still does. However, I have seen numerous items with those graphics that appear renamed so I feel fairly confident in saying those have been replicated.

The kettle has never been part of either exploit to my knowledge. There is a cauldron with the same graphic as the kettle that is from the hag quest, but not sure on the weight of that one.

Last edited:

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have read that they can revert to the original name but can change weight , so a cauldron could be renamed as kettle but weight isnt 30

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please link to that thread, I'd love to read about the info for my own safety (and others). I haven't heard of a exploit that that can do that would affect a cauldron.

Last edited:

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see u have more knowledge than me about this just shown ure last post about exploits .
Il look myself to make sure that kettle weights 10 is legit
thanks

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well now the vendor shows a kettle with weight 30 so im right theres an exploit related this rare

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK, there has never been a exploit which would allow a cauldron to be reverted to a kettle, (as explained above) the exploit that went on for a few years was when items could be stacked only.

My assumption would be this item is an EM item that was snagged, em didn't lock down.. OR maybe they have introduced it as a drop somewhere that we don't know about yet? ... The small/large Vase's for example.. now obtainable but the weight of the larger one is 5stones short from it's server-birth counterparts 10stones.

either way... it seems to be a one off if it does exists.. i'd love to see a screen shot or the vendor that is selling it.

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Here theres another glowing slime , i bought one some days ago and same vendor has another one ....... EXPLOIT ?

atlantic south west

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There are many items with 1 stone in luna vendors using same technique , luna is plagued

Last edited:

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
AFAIK, there has never been a exploit which would allow a cauldron to be reverted to a kettle, (as explained above) the exploit that went on for a few years was when items could be stacked only.

My assumption would be this item is an EM item that was snagged, em didn't lock down.. OR maybe they have introduced it as a drop somewhere that we don't know about yet? ... The small/large Vase's for example.. now obtainable but the weight of the larger one is 5stones short from it's server-birth counterparts 10stones.

either way... it seems to be a one off if it does exists.. i'd love to see a screen shot or the vendor that is selling it.
what causes me great astonishment, just write the post after the kettle was changed to a 30 weight , and bealive me it was weight 10 .

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both of those are actual event items.... ...

If you need help identifying the items from the above exploits or an items origins, please don't hesitate to post. You may also PM or ICQ me and I'll be happy to help give you info on where a particular item came from. Just because the weight is 1 stone on an item does not mean it is an exploit. *smiles*

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Both of those are actual event items.... ...

If you need help identifying the items from the above exploits or an items origins, please don't hesitate to post. You may also PM or ICQ me and I'll be happy to help give you info on where a particular item came from. Just because the weight is 1 stone on an item does not mean it is an exploit. *smiles*
As soon u quoted me the kettle was changed to a weight 30 in the vendor .......... and now the guy who was gateing to the his ice castle suddenly disappear ¡

Last edited:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are having issues identifying what is "real event items" vs "exploited items" vs "duped items"

The winch is a exploit, worth nothing. The skullmug is a actual server birth and has always had a item weight of "1 stone" yet these have been duped over the years making them not as rare, and I have seen them sell for as low as 2mil.

With the recent atlantic revert some EM Items (such as the glowing slime) might have been duplicated, yet I have seen a few of them for sale on ATL in luna over the past 3 months. One sold for 25mil.

I would strongly suggest looking at Manticores EM/Serverbith item list before posting again, the EM items are fairly well documented there.

Good luck.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon u quoted me the kettle was changed to a weight 30 in the vendor .......... and now the guy who was gateing to the his ice castle suddenly disappear ¡
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying above or how it is relevant to everything. Perhaps they had to go to work and the timing is just a coincidence? So many explanations without a need for conspiracy especially since she/he had a real event item.... That Happy Holidays item IS a legit event item given out by the Event Moderators.

Again, I'd personally be happy to help educate you with answers where possible, but you are coming across as someone neck deep in a snipe hunt. Prawn made a good suggestion about checking out the list under the archive sub-section of this forum... it is at the top of the forum. There are items from exploits, but not everything unusual is one of them.

Oh and I'm not saying you were mistaken about the weight on the kettle, but I've never heard of a kettle with a 10 weight. If you see it again, please post directions to the vendor so we can go see it with our own eyes and revel in how unusual it is. Thanks!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glowing Slimes were heavily duped even before the revert.

Original Skull mug = Handle on the right
Exploit turning Mana Draught Potion -> Skull Mug = Handle on the left

^ Same exploit is what creates the winch from clockwork assemblys among others. The kettle was most likely made the same way (The
"Minotaur Artifact" quest items in the Labyrnth weigh 30 stones, and along the exploits (Which should be fixed) method should have reverted the name + color.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant if you see one that is 10 stones, not has been. Be good for others in the community to see it if it happens again. :)

xCatax

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Glowing Slimes were heavily duped even before the revert.

Original Skull mug = Handle on the right
Exploit turning Mana Draught Potion -> Skull Mug = Handle on the left

^ Same exploit is what creates the winch from clockwork assemblys among others. The kettle was most likely made the same way (The
"Minotaur Artifact" quest items in the Labyrnth weigh 30 stones, and along the exploits (Which should be fixed) method should have reverted the name + color.
Thanks , very handy :)