• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a problem with the new costumes!

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone else sees this when they put on the giant pixie costume.

But I see this.

So I am running around with this costume on...and its leaving a bad taste in my mouth. (Probably from all the swearing! :cursing:)

This is, sadly, one of the only costumes I will be able to get. I wish I would of kept my bag of 50 red crystals. :(

Nope, I'm definitely saying do not hold on to red crystals. They will be useless (other than for decoration) after this quest is over! So turn them in and get your costumes. It's not always a bad thing to have a few extras. You never know when they can come in handy.
50 divided by 5 equals 10 costumes. I mostly got skeleton and gazer costumers. So I got 15 points instead of 100? What a joke. :grrr:

And don't even say I should of took advantage of the system and used newbie characters or trial accounts to claim 50 costumes. That is the stupidest way to design a game. Whoever thinks that is good game design needs help.

Why are red crystals even a part of this turn in?
To **** people off? Congratulations. It worked! :mad:

I would of rather ran around collecting snowballs to turn into Sarah to get an item that turns you into a snowman or something. Give the snow a purpose besides just looks.

Halloween is long over. What's with all the costumes?

I don't even want them now. All I will ever see when someone wears one of these costumes is the graphic above.

Yes, I know I am a :sad2:baby.
I just don't want to pay dozens of millions for items I so easily could of got myself if I didn't take some VERY BAD advice.
Oh well.
Guess I will go somewhere else to get my pixel fix. Or maybe I'll try some of those polygons. I heard they're even better! :mf_prop:

M

Muu Bin

I've posted in another thread about this and so I don't want to flog a dead horse :bdh:

BUT... I do want to reiterate that it was mentioned in great detail by Sak to specifically turn the red crystals in because they would only be deco after they turned the event off. For a reason currently known only to them, this didn't happen and everyone who followed their advice is now finding themselves on the short end of the stick.

The thing that disappoints me the most about all of this is that no one from either the Dev team or the Live team has stepped up, admitted that they goofed up, and are sorry for the misinformation. Is that really too much to ask for? An apology? I realize that giving us a reason as to why this happened is likely out of the question but a simple apology would go a long way for many of us who feel like we've been leaned over a barrel.

Merry Christmas.

p.s. I like your new costume Stranger. I wish I had 50 crystals' worth of points to get one... lol

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i completely agree, the red crystals should be 1 pt and the min on the lowest costume should have been 5 as it took 5 crystals to get one and many people turned them in..

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Let me turn in my Blue and Yellow Crystals :sad2:

Can I steal this animation for my signature?

Nothing against you Sakk but, come on it is funny. Maybe we can get a costume that turns you into that? hehe

and PS. Be grateful you even have any. Some of us had to spend over 20,000,000 to get costumes. So we could use them for roleplay.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup, upset 99% off just to appease the 1% who couldn't be bothered to turn in their crystals, even when given ample time and ample warnings.

from now on take everything sakkarah says with a huge grain of salt.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
*Smacks head*

How about they just don't give you anything at all? Shesh. Don't attack sakkarah like that over one little thing. Look how much more she has done for the game. Its a flipping costume. Sorry but bashing like that on sakkarah telling everyone to take what she says with a huge grain of salt is just wrong. If people took your advice about sakkarah they will find themselves in a bad spot.

Now the animation I did find funny because I am picturing myself running around in game looking like that. You could walk up to someone and say. "Guess what sakkarah did?" They would say "What?" Then you throw on that costume and run around. heheh

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't find out how many points it takes to get a new costume, can anyone point me in the right direction?

S

Shadowghast

Don't feel too bad, I ran and turned in all of my red crystals too. Got 5 Gazer costumes and 13 skeletons extra to turn in, would have been like 78 crystals for me.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to see less complaints and more people turning into zombies and staging protests. Once they fix polymorph etc.

I

insanepete

zombie march for me and guildies with my skeletons and gazer costumes and 1 red crystal

U

UOFree

People just need to learn never trust the Dev members.

Someone on Europa was able to sell 2 Complete sets within the first couple of hours and has sold a total of 5 sets just by buying up masks and crystals.

And I believe he sold some sets for 100m for a complete set. thats crazy, 26 masks 130 points. But its just to bad for the people who actually play and enjoy the masks that someone is able to gain from not putting the trust into the dev. members or maybe they get inside information....

Remember these new masks are not halloween costumes but exotic costumes for the winter.... I would have liked to see one for a santa or reindeer. Would have been more fun for the season, but well its great for RPers and we have to remember that its a Roleplaying game.

K

katluma

Im confused....how many points do you get towards a costume now per red crystal? If I turn in two red crystals, how many points do I get now?

K

katluma

BTW I noticed she has other things on her table, does she except any other items for trade in other than red crystals or costumes?

U

UOFree

BTW I noticed she has other things on her table, does she except any other items for trade in other than red crystals or costumes?
No those items are just statues of the costumes you can pick.

You get:

1. Point for Skeleton
2. Points for Gazer or Red Crystal
3. Points for Bloodworm
4. Points for Dream Wraith
5. Points for Shadow Wyrm

-
Thats about what you can hand in, then you can pick costumes they cost different points. Whole sets 130 points.

A

altarego

I really don't understand why people are upset.

Sakk said that the addition of the red crystals was an afterthought, after the devs looked at shard statistics and saw that a lot of people didn't turn in their red crystals, after they specifically told us to.

They weren't sure exactly why, but instead of just letting them go to waste, the devs gave us the benefit of the doubt and assumed that we didn't have enough time or simply forgot. So, they added them back in as a turn in. The only point of contention was what value to give them.

Again, the devs looked at the statistics and gave us the benefit of the doubt. They saw that a majority of the people who still had a few red crystals, did not have a lot of costumes, so they still had the potential for the 1:1 initial turn in. Seeing as how you could get anything from a skeleton to a shadow wyrm, or 1-5 points, the average would have been 2.5, but they decided that due to relative rarity of bloodworm vs. gazer costumes, they would round down to 2.

Whether you think this is fair or not, the devs did not lie to us. If you feel disadvantaged because of it, it's not your fault. But neither is it the devs, who just tweaked the rules of the second part of the costume event (which was to have taken place during t-day festivities) to be more inclusive.

No one was ever meant to have a complete set of costumes unless they traded for them. That's why Thomas wasn't turned back on. No one was supposed to have paid millions of gp for the set. The second round was designed to have been a closed system.

And finally, Sakk said that the costumes would return at some point in time for another event trade in. So why are people spending time making up fake animated gifs and blathering hateful things? Can't they understand a basic, rational explanation?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I erased this the first couple of times. I'm going to go in another direction. You guys are right it was a plain lie. Nothing can be done about that. But, people in power can just not care if they lie or not. Also, when they lie they can just say too bad this is how it is. We all know we didn't play 12 years to quit over something like this. But, power is fleeting particularly in uo...

Now, with that said here's how I feel about this. I got so many red crystals even I don't know how many. If I would have known about this I would have made soo much more. I don't care a bit. I wanted 3 sets. 2 to keep and 1 to sell and I won't have quite enough pts to do that. I would have had more than enough just from the reds I turned in the last day to do that alone, but I got 3 shadows and a couple of dreams that turn-in alone. I STILL think the shadows are the best costumes.

I'm not mad and it cost me A LOT. Try to be happy with all these great costumes. You can eventually get whatever you want because the prices will go down in time besides do you really never EVERY costume anyway?

The recent dev team work has been excellent (except for these last couple of patches with the reduced team). Also, they have hired a real artist. Those Angel boxes are incredibly beautiful.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They had the choice of making red crystals not exchangeable, so the way I see it, the red crystals is just added bonus. And this is good because now we will have more costumes to circulate through the UO market if they otherwise didn't.

Also, they probably adjusted the points at 2 points because they know that most people didn't keep many red crystals, otherwise probably be worth less. Bottom line is, don't automatically assume red crystals would have been worth 2 points each right now if everyone knew before hand that red crystals would be accepted for turn ins.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to add, for those of you saying that red cystals should have been worth less points to make it fair and proportion (e.g. 5 crystals for 1 costume), I actually wish red crystals would have been worth more than 2pts each, even 100+ points each, and this is coming from someone who saved 0 red crystals.

The more points the red crystals are worth, the more costumes people get, the more costumes people get, the more they circulate through the market, the more avilability they become, and the cheaper they get.

L

Lil' Lucien

Live and let die people. Sak didn't lie, she's just using her resources. Seemed a good idea at the time. No need to bash her head in. She's probably responsible for the ideas behind all the goodies we been getting so % wise there was bound to be a mishap. I turned in all my red crystals during halloween event and i'm not po'd. Some of you are just taking this a little to seriously.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Live and let die people. Sak didn't lie, she's just using her resources. Seemed a good idea at the time. No need to bash her head in. She's probably responsible for the ideas behind all the goodies we been getting so % wise there was bound to be a mishap. I turned in all my red crystals during halloween event and i'm not po'd. Some of you are just taking this a little to seriously.

Agreed. Sak has put a lot of work into getting us things that we have been wanting for a long time on UO.

The new plants for example. Sak as was a player first and she obviously spends a great deal of time and energy doing her job. She doesn't deserve to get stoned for an honest misstake.

When you go to a store to buy an item that you have a special coupon for and once you get there you realize that because you didn't read the fine print on your coupon do you take it out on the people who work in the store? Sak was just doing her job as were the other Devs. They obviously had a reason for changing it so why not just let it go? In the long run this is going to do nothing to harm the UO community.

I would think that people would just be appreciative of being able to get new, cooler costumes than what was available for Halloween anyways.

K

Kiminality

Was it a lie?
Wasn't it a lie?
God, you people make my head spin, reading half of this twaddle.

Exhibit A - Sakkarah says "Nope, I'm definitely saying do not hold on to red crystals. They will be useless (other than for decoration) after this quest is over! So turn them in and get your costumes."
Exhibit B - The red crystals are included in the second turn-in, contrary to the previous assertion, with a disproportionate value.

The value of the red crystals should have been the average value of a mask claimed, divided by the average number of crystals cost.
Let's say the average value of a mask is 2, and there's an average of 5 crystals taken to get it (ignoring exploiting trial accounts, and the initial single as statistically insignificant), then the crystal's value should only be 0.4 points.
So, based on those assurances, people cashed in their crystals at effectively a fifth of the value.

Whether you call it a lie or not, it was a misleading assertion.
Ultimately, just as bad as a lie, as far as losing the confidence of players goes.

Y

Yen Sid

I have a complete set and only had 3 red crystals left over to turn in. Quit :sad3:crying about it and put in the work next time. And to Sak, thanks for letting us turn in the red crystals, thats 3 less lockdowns at my house.

K

Kiminality

I have a complete set and only had 3 red crystals left over to turn in. Quit :sad3:crying about it and put in the work next time. And to Sak, thanks for letting us turn in the red crystals, thats 3 less lockdowns at my house.
I don't see what "putting the work in" has to do with any of it.
1.) A lot of these people already put the work in. In fact, those that turned in their crystals for costumes as they were directed have put more work in per point than those who didn't.
2.) They're not able to put any work in for this event, which is what people are talking about, not possible future events that may or may not involve misleading assertions.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just thankful that the crystal event netted us multiple rewards.
We got the luck Garb
We got yellow crystals (harbinger forever)
We got blue crystals for future event (if you have some left)
We got red crystals for costumes.
I'm thankful that we get to use up any leftover reds.

This halloween event is the gift that keeps giving!
It's the one big thing I thank the Devs for in a long time. This is a nice treat (or trick). :thumbsup:

M

Muu Bin

I'm just thankful that the crystal event netted us multiple rewards.
We got the luck Garb
We got yellow crystals (harbinger forever)
We got blue crystals for future event (if you have some left)
We got red crystals for costumes.
I'm thankful that we get to use up any leftover reds.

This halloween event is the gift that keeps giving!
It's the one big thing I thank the Devs for in a long time. This is a nice treat (or trick). :thumbsup:
I was always told that the "gift that keeps giving" was herpes. :lick:

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok just double checking so the blue cyrstals we should keep for a future event?

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok just double checking so the blue cyrstals we should keep for a future event?
since sakkarah said they would have some use in the future i would say toss them out since basically she'll just change her mind.

Y

Yen Sid

I don't see what "putting the work in" has to do with any of it.
1.) A lot of these people already put the work in. In fact, those that turned in their crystals for costumes as they were directed have put more work in per point than those who didn't.
If you had put in enough work you would have recieved enough masks to turn-in again for all of the new ones. I pretty much did without having to turn-in spare dream wraiths/shadow wryms.

These things were a gift, don't complain because you didn't get it your way. I for one am glad they let people turn-in their red crystals so that those of us that were busy or otherwise unavailable were able to get something. (Not me, I had 3 reds left).:hug:Love, Peace, Chicken Grease:hug:

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone else sees this when they put on the giant pixie costume.

But I see this.

So I am running around with this costume on...and its leaving a bad taste in my mouth. (Probably from all the swearing! :cursing:)

This is, sadly, one of the only costumes I will be able to get. I wish I would of kept my bag of 50 red crystals. :(

50 divided by 5 equals 10 costumes. I mostly got skeleton and gazer costumers. So I got 15 points instead of 100? What a joke. :grrr:

And don't even say I should of took advantage of the system and used newbie characters or trial accounts to claim 50 costumes. That is the stupidest way to design a game. Whoever thinks that is good game design needs help.

Why are red crystals even a part of this turn in?
To **** people off? Congratulations. It worked! :mad:

I would of rather ran around collecting snowballs to turn into Sarah to get an item that turns you into a snowman or something. Give the snow a purpose besides just looks.

Halloween is long over. What's with all the costumes?

I don't even want them now. All I will ever see when someone wears one of these costumes is the graphic above.

Yes, I know I am a :sad2:baby.
I just don't want to pay dozens of millions for items I so easily could of got myself if I didn't take some VERY BAD advice.
Oh well.
Guess I will go somewhere else to get my pixel fix. Or maybe I'll try some of those polygons. I heard they're even better! :mf_prop:

Hahahahahahah thanks for that. Funny stuff.

K

Kiminality

If you had put in enough work you would have recieved enough masks to turn-in again for all of the new ones. I pretty much did without having to turn-in spare dream wraiths/shadow wryms.

These things were a gift, don't complain because you didn't get it your way. I for one am glad they let people turn-in their red crystals so that those of us that were busy or otherwise unavailable were able to get something. (Not me, I had 3 reds left).:hug:Love, Peace, Chicken Grease:hug:
I'm not even talking about me.
I got enough to get the masks I wanted, find out I didn't like them, and sell them on. It's really no skin off my nose, since I'd probably have turned them in, even if I'd known there'd be a later turn-in.
How a system affects you personally is a terrible variable to include, if you're going to judge a system. I don't do that, as you seem to be assuming otherwise.

Anyway, it's Christmas, so I'm done with this.