• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I finally did it! Thank you Catskills!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can remember when I first started playing Ultima Online. My very first character I made was a basic tank. I started with a plate-mail wearing "knight" that used a lance, and only a lance as a weapon. But that is beside the point. One day (back in the old 3d client days, still my favorite way that Ultima Online has EVER looked in my humble opinion) I witnessed a player come riding up on what appeared to be a horse made entirely of fire. It was by far the coolest thing I'd ever seen someone riding in the game. I wanted to ride one. I didn't care what it took, I wanted one. So, I began my long, long...LONG, journey to become a Legendary Tamer.

There were periods of time where I let my account go dormant. Times where I wasn't sure if I'd ever return to Ultima Online. But like so many people I've seen, it is almost a cliche even but it's like: "Once you play Ultima Online, you'll never be able to leave for good". I do say that with a grain of salt mind you, but come one... How many times do you see a thread titled: So, I'm back or I'm leaving Ultima Online? It's almost funny because on a weekly basis you can almost always find one. Well, I'm no stranger to that very thread. Sorry, I am rambling, my bad. Well, tonight I finally hit that "holy grail" of skills. I finally, after... omg... like 6 years? I finally hit the ole' 120.0 taming mark. Behold my screenshot:

I only wish that the fire steeds still looked as cool as this:

Now, the picture does not do it justice, but there was animated fire that would come off of its hooves, and when someone was running it would even leave a little tracer of fire. I wish so badly that there was a way I could reach back in time and grab a gif file of it. It was so cool. Sorry again I ramble. At any rate, I am glad that one of my longest two Ultima Online goals is now complete.

I guess this whole post was me tooting my own horn... but I could not have done it with out the help of a lot of you. From the beloved guild that gave me the 120.0 taming scroll for free, to all of the Catskills community that kept things interesting with the challenges of the Moonglow Zoo. So I tip my bear mask to you all, and I thank you.

-Hagrid
(of Catskills)

... Legendary Tamer.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:D Congrats! (Im only at 101 ^^)

A very, very impressive milestone!

D

Darken (Cats)

congratulations. you have more patience then alot of people...especially me. lol.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Congrats darlin'!
We haven't talked in a while you should look me up :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6 years? *counts fingers* I should be just about at legendary with taming too then.

*runs off to check*

Nope not yet. Maybe a few more weeks. It seems to be progressing pretty slowly. Its been hovering around 117 for months now.

Congrats on your Achievement. What's next? Maybe something equally as mind numbing? Poisoning maybe?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Major congratulations my friend, that indeed is an accomplishment worth tooting your horn about!

Allow all of us on Catskills to toot it for you too!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww, thank you guyz so much. Tword the end I was just taming one ridgeback every other day, lol.

And to answer your question Hawkeye Pike, my greatest goal in all of Ultima Online has always been to do a Harrower, at least once. I've never got to do one.

My next skill building goal you ask? Well...since Mr.Valis and Robert Pen Dragon helped me get the book to make neat critters other than golems I am working on my tinkering.

And no... I wouldn't dare want to skill poisioning. That sounds truly mind-numbing, hehe.

Thanks again for all the feedback. =-)

*waves to Flutter*

-Hagrid

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've fought the Harrower only once. The one creature I never fought and would like to try one day, is the Shimmering Effusion. Last time we tried, the key pillars on Catskills were broken.

By the way, poisoning is not nearly as difficult to train as Animal Taming, Ninjitsu or any crafting skill.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got bored so I decided to look over the forums.

My poisoner is stuck at 80.1 poisoning and couldn't gain even the garenteed .1 every day so poisoning got glitched on him and the hardest skill to gain i'd have to say is remove trap but yeah taming is just time consuming and ridiculous.

86 taming and jewelry of +30 haha
the lazy mans way.

I never did get anyone to lore my collosus.

Congrats bob

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got bored so I decided to look over the forums.

My poisoner is stuck at 80.1 poisoning and couldn't gain even the garenteed .1 every day so poisoning got glitched on him and the hardest skill to gain i'd have to say is remove trap but yeah taming is just time consuming and ridiculous.

86 taming and jewelry of +30 haha
the lazy mans way.

I never did get anyone to lore my collosus.

Congrats bob

Ah... I can't even begin to imagine skilling remove trap. Good luck on that one Mr. Scarst, and ty for the grats.

Mr. Hawkeye Pike, we may have to again team up one weekend and go after an effusion. I have no idea what to do really, but I'll give it my best.