I Fear The Insane One, by Lord Owain Surrey

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
from EM Kasaven and Cern’s Catskills Events Page

“I Fear The Insane One.”

by Kasaven
June 19

A book was found upon the floor of the counselor’s hall, detailing a recent experience of Lord Owain Surrey.

A fowl stench wafted through my nostrils as I passed the hedge maze, and despite the veil of invisibility over my person, I felt an unrelenting urge to flee.

The place is inherently evil, but the power I felt that day caused my bones to quiver and my heart to leap in my chest. I fear if I satisfied my desire to pursue this great evil that had devoured my sense, it would be the last inquiry of my noble life.

For the safety of Britannia, though, I sought the origin of this mind-numbing power. Thus, I entered the hedge maze. I noted the turns and corners I took in the back of my mind, lest I forever be lost in this hellish place. The hedges stood as tall as a Titan, and their dark leaves seemed to shout warnings against my advance.

Still, I paced forward, and with every step the power I felt grew more grotesque to my senses. Images of rancor, death, malice, rot, filled my mind. I nearly fainted, the nausea began to overcome my body.

It was then it appeared. A lone thundercloud, black as the void, hovered over the center of the hedge maze. It let out an incredible bolt of lightning, striking a tombstone that lay at the heart of the maze, bursting it in every direction. The earth shook as if it was being torn apart and the clap of thunder was deafening for miles. To my horror, demons rose up from the ground where the lightning struck, clawing through earth on their ascent from the underworld.

My heart pounded in my chest and my mind raced, the air grew frigid and my lungs heaved against the splitting cold. So many, I would be overwhelmed. My insatiable curiosity had finally brought me death.

It was then a ghostly form appeared beyond the demons, beckoning them forward toward a dark moongate. He wore a magician’s hat, and his face was contorted in a maniacal grin. His body was etheral, and I looked on in horror as his organs beat in his undead body. He let out a shrieking scream.

I fled for my life.

-Lord Owain Surrey

Link to Lord Owain Surrey's profile