• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I don't want tamers to be nerfed .....

A

Altec

I just want their pets to play by the same rules we do.

1) Freeze while casting.
2) casting speeds and recovery
3) Spell Ranges
4) reg use. Make the tamer supply there pet with regs. Same spells as mages should use the same resources.This will also give us something for killing the pet as well.
5) damage maxes on specails (fireball same max as AI (35))
6) Stat loss when a pet dies that is in factions.

I have seen alot of post from tamers asking for mages to be nerfed so why not their mage using friend too.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Sure but
2. 4/6
3. Ill agree with this wholeheartedly as well as non tamed animal this has been an issue a LONG time
4. Not a chance no way to put lRC on a pet as almost ALL PvP mages use
5. the only one you are whinning about if the grater draggy fire breath, beat them down they hit softer
6. Sure sound fair, but wait the tamer cannot control a greater when stat lossed so they leave pets are irrevelent then.

But if oyu do this let me chose the spells they get to cast a block of 4 or five that they use, and not usless ones.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
1) Freeze while casting.
- Should apply to everything that casts a spell
-Agree
3) Spell Ranges
-Hell Yes... for every spell caster
4) reg use. Make the tamer supply there pet with regs. Same spells as mages should use the same resources.This will also give us something for killing the pet as well.
-Pass on this one. No need for reg use. Players dont even use regs now
-Debatable. I could go either way on this one, but firebreath hurts way more than it should in pvp.
-Agree
**7) Pets should use the same flag rules as players when it comes to entering houses.
**8) If a player attacks someone with a pet from inside a house the player and pet both should be ejected and flagged so they can't enter the house.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Freeze while casting.
3) Spell Ranges

You have got to be kidding me, there are more important things in this game that should be a fixed first. But here is my answer to this post:

1. I guess you don't see the mages casting on the run. Or maybe I am getting senile.

2. See above the above answer.

3. I can live with that change.

4. Very few mages even carry regs now, to make a change like that would have to include LRC for pets.

5. Change all damage with all skills to 35 damage for pets and players. No more 50 point damage from flame strikes.

6. Pets already have skill loss, they lose 10 percent of skills when killed.

S

Splup

All I care is getting GD:s fire breath dmg turned down a bit.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have got to be kidding me, there are more important things in this game that should be a fixed first. But here is my answer to this post:

1. I guess you don't see the mages casting on the run. Or maybe I am getting senile.

2. See above the above answer.

3. I can live with that change.

4. Very few mages even carry regs now, to make a change like that would have to include LRC for pets.

5. Change all damage with all skills to 35 damage for pets and players. No more 50 point damage from flame strikes.

6. Pets already have skill loss, they lose 10 percent of skills when killed.
They lose like .01 when they die..... 10% wtf are you kidding. And really how hard is it to recall yo the shadow ele and hit it for 5 minutes.

Why would they cap all players dmg at 35... the problem with tamers is the pets are not players, they can be any kind of character and get ridiculous damage from a pet,,, that spams spells....

FS doesn't ever hit me for more than 45 ish and thats only if im cursed, corpsed and a necro scribe mage hits me. It normally does somewhere around 30 - 38. So your armor just isn't up to par... Thats not our fault.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They lose like .01 when they die..... 10% wtf are you kidding. And really how hard is it to recall yo the shadow ele and hit it for 5 minutes.

Why would they cap all players dmg at 35... the problem with tamers is the pets are not players, they can be any kind of character and get ridiculous damage from a pet,,, that spams spells....

FS doesn't ever hit me for more than 45 ish and thats only if im cursed, corpsed and a necro scribe mage hits me. It normally does somewhere around 30 - 38. So your armor just isn't up to par... Thats not our fault.[/QUO

1% off of skills Anthius. Then add the fact in that if another tamer rez a pet that causes double skill loss.
Why not? If you make the change to 35 damage across the board, everyone will be on the same playing field.

Don't worry about my suit Anithus, it is just fine with the max amount of hp regen and enhance pots I have on Gracie, most of the time I survive to the insane amount of damage done by necros. But don't try and feed me a line of bull about the spell damage that rolls above my character head, when I am hit. It is always simply amazing, how fast some characters can cast spells on a dead run or outrun me on foot, if I am in wolf form or on a mount.

S

Sephy

lol, no nerf dragons. I cant kill one on its own let alone with its owner casting on me also, there way to strong... I can kill 90% of people on my guy, yet a dragon destroys me in under 5 seconds.. its not pvp anymore, its pretty much see a dragon and run away

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love when people complain about how fast others cast. Your dragon spams spells WHILE its moving, and it does 75 dmg fireballs, 50 dmg melee and bleeds. Oh yeah it has 1000 HP,, don't forget that. You can complain about other peoples speed and casting all you want. The pets are over powered. WAY WAY WAY over powered.

And I don't worry about your suit. I just want to know why you are saying you are taking 50 dmg from all flamestrikes, when a FS will hit me above 40 dmg MAYBE 1 or 2 times a week when the debuffs are set perfect and the right template hits me. Either your suit isn't maxed out resist wise or you just aren't removing the curses. Either way thats not other peoples fault. There is plenty you can do to control the damage you take.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Agree
2) This needs to be a lot slower for the amount of damage they do.
3) Yeah, no more of that screen away crap.
4) I don't think this could be implemented. Id settle for longer/harder to train though.
5) Agree the dmg needs to be capped for pets.
6) Not a bad idea but would need tweaking.

U

UOKaiser

Dont really have a problem against them. Ofcourse my character is talored to be both pvm and pvp and I can stand toe to toe with 2 wild dragons whith np. Against a PVP tamer if it's one on one I can kill his dragon and kill him with both hitting me semmingly the tamer is alone weaker than me and the dragon is also weaker than me he tries to get close to heal it I can hit him if he tries to heal him whith magic i can also prevent that while wacking or blocking his dragon. Now 2 dragons and 2 tamers on me will be a different story but that goes with 2 players on 1 player anyway and i consider that 4 on 1. Still np i can handle it.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love when people complain about how fast others cast. Your dragon spams spells WHILE its moving, and it does 75 dmg fireballs, 50 dmg melee and bleeds. Oh yeah it has 1000 HP,, don't forget that. You can complain about other peoples speed and casting all you want. The pets are over powered. WAY WAY WAY over powered.

And I don't worry about your suit. I just want to know why you are saying you are taking 50 dmg from all flamestrikes, when a FS will hit me above 40 dmg MAYBE 1 or 2 times a week when the debuffs are set perfect and the right template hits me. Either your suit isn't maxed out resist wise or you just aren't removing the curses. Either way thats not other peoples fault. There is plenty you can do to control the damage you take.

By the same token, you there are plenty of things you can do to avoid getting eat up by a dragon. Omg if you kill the tamer, that takes the dragon out of the fight for 20 minutes LOL. It isnt my fault either, you all can't figure out how to deal with a Greater Dragon. :)

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something needs to be done especially about range... because I'm tired of being 2-3 screens away and getting hit for a 50-80 damage fireball from a gdragon or gwarhorse.

U

UOKaiser

Something needs to be done especially about range... because I'm tired of being 2-3 screens away and getting hit for a 50-80 damage fireball from a gdragon or gwarhorse.
Am used to that now being like that since before i can remmember. I wish they did fix that my pvm would go alot smoothing also but because they havent well just have to incorporate it on pvm and pvp. I understand people that only play UO to pvp are not used to fighting against high level creatures and tailored there character to get hit with only 30 so damage per hit from another character and can't get used to getting hit for 80-100 points whithing 2 secs unfortunetly thats what pvm players have to deal with all the time which is why those who pvm and pvp can take on tamers easier than they can take on any other template.
Now siege thats just a different story all toghether a whole different playstyle and dragons will decimate gm armor hell anything will decimate there armor patches upgrades have to be made differently for siege like shards.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the same token, you there are plenty of things you can do to avoid getting eat up by a dragon. Omg if you kill the tamer, that takes the dragon out of the fight for 20 minutes LOL. It isnt my fault either, you all can't figure out how to deal with a Greater Dragon. :)
Eating an apple to remove curse takes a split second and having a good suit takes place before you even fight. So killing a tamer, that is in ninja form with nothing but HP regen and EP is pretty tough to kill.. oh yeah with there over powered dragon on you. So,,, you are a bit off on that response...

S

Sir Kenga

-Pass on this one. No need for reg use. Players dont even use regs now
I agree that TAMER should have something to lose to other player if he dies. Regs are OK, and devs should make some PET LRC items that tamer should carry in backpack and INSURE.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eating an apple to remove curse takes a split second and having a good suit takes place before you even fight. So killing a tamer, that is in ninja form with nothing but HP regen and EP is pretty tough to kill.. oh yeah with there over powered dragon on you. So,,, you are a bit off on that response...
LOL, oh Anthius, I will make sure I always target you first with my dragon :), just cause I know it bugs the daylights out of ya!

O

Obsession 1

It is my thought that because the Super Drag's are such a big part of game play, there must be some type of penalty for death just like a standard player character. Currently, the only draw back is the 20 minute stat loss for faction characters that will disallow the use of their dragon for the said 20 minutes because they can not control them. Something has to be done to limit the performance of a Super Drag if it is killed on the field.

A

Altec

I made this thread becuase I made a ninja tamer and i killed people with it way to easy. Hell you get 170 hit points when in wolf form. You add a Rpd suit to that every dexxer you face is screwed and you don't even have to say all kill.

And to the 50 damage on a flame strike idea. I have been running a scribe mage for along time and the only way someone is going to hit you for that much damage is if you are corsped, evil omened, cursed and there is a scribe mage casting on you. Thats why you need to make a corpse proof suit.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should make it where you cant log out and back in when you die so the pet auto stables.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to the 50 damage on a flame strike idea. I have been running a scribe mage for along time and the only way someone is going to hit you for that much damage is if you are corsped, evil omened, cursed and there is a scribe mage casting on you. Thats why you need to make a corpse proof suit.
Thank you!

T

The War Hero

holding the kind of pets you are all crying about takes 220 skillpoints, there is no reason something that takes that many points should be weakened to the point of being useless like your suggesting, dragons are not human, why should they play by human rules? pets have extremely slow movement speed and if you cant outrun them you shouldnt be in fel to begin with. 220 [minimum] cripples templates, either defensively or offensively, so telling a tamer to lose a pet is like telling a necromage to drop necro and ss... invest your points more wisely if your dying to superdragons.

different templates have different strengths and weaknesses, everyone rips on tamers like they are easy to play or cant be beat, uh.. most tamers have superdragons and die in 2 hits i would argue with the exception of a few awesome ones, note that the awesome ones are the ones that can 1v1 beat most people without their pet

how about necromages getting a free 120 skillpoints essentially with a mage weapon? not many complain about that, because its overpowered and most of you play it

how about a 2 handed max swing, heavy damage, weapon you can chug with with double hit spells? THATS YOU archers

how about 4/6 parry dexxers? yeah.. never die.. your pro.. also never get kills unless your pinging 0 and the person your chasing cant move

starting to see the point ....?
everyone has the same skillpoints, dont cry about the way someone chooses to use theirs, it just makes them look smarter than you

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont really have a problem against them. Ofcourse my character is talored to be both pvm and pvp and I can stand toe to toe with 2 wild dragons whith np. Against a PVP tamer if it's one on one I can kill his dragon and kill him with both hitting me semmingly the tamer is alone weaker than me and the dragon is also weaker than me he tries to get close to heal it I can hit him if he tries to heal him whith magic i can also prevent that while wacking or blocking his dragon. Now 2 dragons and 2 tamers on me will be a different story but that goes with 2 players on 1 player anyway and i consider that 4 on 1. Still np i can handle it.
Yeah, Ok. Sure you can kill a dragon and a tamer. Sure. You could have at least said I can usually avoid the dragon to kill the tamer. But its laughable saying you can kill the dragon with the tamer on you. Either you havent fought a pvp tamer who knows how to pvp or your just full of ****.

A

Altec

holding the kind of pets you are all crying about takes 220 skillpoints, there is no reason something that takes that many points should be weakened to the point of being useless like your suggesting, dragons are not human, why should they play by human rules? pets have extremely slow movement speed and if you cant outrun them you shouldnt be in fel to begin with. 220 [minimum] cripples templates, either defensively or offensively, so telling a tamer to lose a pet is like telling a necromage to drop necro and ss... invest your points more wisely if your dying to superdragons.
Elfs arn't humans either?? Glad to see you think about what you post. 220 points to gain how many skill points the dragon has?? You don't need that many points to control a super dragon because I can control one with a my tamer and I only have 85 taming and 100 lore. And you lose no offense and defense if you know how to make a tamer pvp template.

Ninja, alchemy, hiding, stealth, taming, lore, and chiv

Where is the weakness??? You can chug and throw pots with 50 ep your pots will hit for about 30ish. you can use 60 chiv to heal. with a rpd suit with wolf for you have 170 hit points the reflect back to dexxers. Thats what i ran on my tamer and everyone is just to easy to kill.

how about necromages getting a free 120 skillpoints essentially with a mage weapon? not many complain about that, because its overpowered and most of you play it.
Whats a 120 mage suit cost??? like what 200 mil. you can get a super dragon for what 300k at the bank. so maybe if superdragons were rare and hard to tame it would be true but they spawn like mad and easy to tame with honor.

how about a 2 handed max swing, heavy damage, weapon you can chug with with double hit spells? THATS YOU archers.
You can make a archer tamer. HHHMMM. who is not using there skill points wisely now??

QUOTE=The War Hero;983470] how about 4/6 parry dexxers? yeah.. never die.. your pro.. also never get kills unless your pinging 0 and the person your chasing cant move. [/QUOTE]

4/6 dexxers needed to be nerfed for along time now but still you can run 4/6 on a tamer with 60 chiv. I know I did it.

You say stop complaining but we all know thats becuase you are a tamer. But why did everyone complain about the bushido mages, ninja archers, bushido necros, parry mages, and so many more. All those templates got nerfed and there not half as bad as the tamers are now.

all you have to say is all kill and hide. whats so hard about that.

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holding the kind of pets you are all crying about takes 220 skillpoints, there is no reason something that takes that many points should be weakened to the point of being useless like your suggesting, dragons are not human, why should they play by human rules? pets have extremely slow movement speed and if you cant outrun them you shouldnt be in fel to begin with.

So, what is your idea when I get bola'd by a tamer. (bola's take no skill to use) Can I still outrun the dragon? Or invis myself while it is bleeding me and hitting me with 40dmg phys hit and 40-55 damage fireball??

The dragons are meant to fight monsters with LOTS of hit points. NOT players with 100-120 HP. Pet damage should do half the amount to players as it does to monsters, since players have 10x or in some cases 100x less HP than monsters. It is simply unbalanced and greater dragons were never even meant to be tameable, Wilki left during the project and it got screwed up.

drizztdagrimm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed Sir! Dismounting in Ultima Online was one of the biggest downfalls of all time. You can be in a 2 vs 1 mounted and usually take one of the guys out. Soon as your dismounted your chances of survival are cut in half. Now take some newb with a greater dragon all they do is dismount and the dragon does all the work. Honestly how can you be pleased with that? Problem with Ultima is that people are always looking for the cheapest and easiest ways to kill someone. Why bother playing something that takes some actual skill just play a template that is easy. I'm sorry but I have no respect for click n chase templates or bola all kill templates. Fight me head on and see what happens at least you can look yourself in the mirror and say you fought with honor. Otherwise your just another pathetic player that will never be known for anything but playing gimp templates. Scale down the greater dragon damage would be a nice step. I honestly know that EA won't do such a thing. I've been around long enough to know that this game is tailored to the majority and not the minority. Why do you think they made trammel? So the people mentioned above have a place to hide. All I can say is thank god a game like Darkfall is coming to end this parade of worthless publishes and patches. EA you have finally met your match and soon your cash cow will be gone. Not listening to your subscribers for years is finally catching up to you and I for one am glad to see it coming to an end. Darkfall is coming...Amen!

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow *Spits* wow is nothing more than a cheap imation

Darkfall.... hmm donno much about that....

Tamers i honestly feel are The Strongest And Weakest classes of all Time....

Are The greater Dragons Not Meant for Pvp - Yes i would think they are not...
Should they be used in Pvp? - Honestly i dont think they should....
Are they? - Most definately So everyone just needs to learn how to fight tamers.... Once you know how even a Dismount/Tamer or a Ninja Tamer stands little to no chance of living...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow *Spits* wow is nothing more than a cheap imation

Darkfall.... hmm donno much about that....
WOTLK is for southerners who like to post about their leet DEEPEESZZZ in IRC (f u Joo).

Darkfall is the second coming of MMO awesomeness, coming to a store near you in December of '08 - f u vaporware haters.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need that many points to control a super dragon because I can control one with a my tamer and I only have 85 taming and 100 lore.
I take it you mean that you use jewels then to bump your taming up higher..?

A

Altec

Can't wait for the release of darkfall. Was trying to get on beta testing for it just never happened.

You may think wow is a rip off of uo but actually the entire next uo exspansion is based on things you can find in wow. Plus with wow the dev team actaully seems to listen to the players.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darkfall is the second coming of MMO awesomeness, coming to a store near you in December of '08 - f u vaporware haters.
/agreed
Update - coming to a store near you on 1/22/09.

I can tell you my UO Accounts will stay active for 30 days after that date, just in case DFO ends up sucking.

Side note - I will be sticking with guildies from 2.0 when playing DFO so any Great Lakes players that plan on playing DFO shoot me a P.M. We are HUGE into teamwork and group coordination.

S

Salty Pete

I just want their pets to play by the same rules we do.

1) Freeze while casting.
3) Spell Ranges

I have seen alot of post from tamers asking for mages to be nerfed so why not their mage using friend too.

So then you also want pets to move at player speeds and be able to run away and hide/heal up like a player when they get in trouble?

A

Altec

So then you also want pets to move at player speeds and be able to run away and hide/heal up like a player when they get in trouble?
Actually they already do all that with a pet summoning ball or a quick log in and out. I have had it happen to me plenty of times where either the pets master has been killed or has just ran off and then a few seconds later poof there goes the pet.

S

Saleena

I want to be able to bola a pet and knock them off their Feet! They already added enough stupid S*** to this game why not that to!

And just a question is darkfall a 2d game like Ultima or 3d which equals motion sickness for me lol!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
>1) Freeze while casting.
no way.

>2) casting speeds and recovery
sure make it 10/10

>3) Spell Ranges
Sounds fair 10 screens, and trough walls.

>4) reg use. Make the tamer supply there pet with regs. Same spells as >mages should use the same resources.This will also give us something for >killing the pet as well.
bad idea but make it so that pets, can wear armor/juwels. and a spellbook/shield.

>5) damage maxes on specails (fireball same max as AI (35))
u got it all wrong lets give pets bushido skill, and necro, parry so they can kill a player in 1 hit. (and give them honor virtue also)

>6) Stat loss when a pet dies that is in factions.
sounds stupid, make it so that when a pet dies in faction, the tamer should be teleported to a safe location. And the pet should be auto ressurected, with 100% life, and mana restored.

I also think that when a pet kills another player in faction, there should be added an pet kill bonus with 2x in kill points.

while we are at it, lets give pets the abbility to use faction bandages + pots.
Its only fair play.

Greater dragons should also be able to dismount players, and if they dismount a player on a faction horse, it should go wild.

Lets start the flame war :)