• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I don't understand faction Rank

A

Arch Magus

My mage that actively pvp's has killed many anti-factioneers and died to lots of them also. I have never seen him go above rank 1.

My thief, who doesn't participate in factions, steal sigils or kill anti-factioneers, for some reason is a rank 8?

I don't understand.
Is there any way to get my mage to a high rank by only pvp'ing?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mage that actively pvp's has killed many anti-factioneers and died to lots of them also. I have never seen him go above rank 1.

My thief, who doesn't participate in factions, steal sigils or kill anti-factioneers, for some reason is a rank 8?

I don't understand.
Is there any way to get my mage to a high rank by only pvp'ing?
All you need is positive kill rank and you should jump to rank 10 overnight.

If you haven't, then you should quit factions on that guy and rejoin because you are bugged.

A

Arch Magus

I doubt that I have a positive kill ratio. The thief doesn't even have a kill ratio at all.

Funny you should mention about him being bugged.
My mage is the GM of my guild, all in CoM.
A month ago I tried to quit CoM, waited the 3 days, I was no longer in Factions. The guild wasn't in factions either.
I tried to join another Faction, TB, but it wouldnt let me, stone said that I was already affiliated with another faction. A week after I quit, I had no faction tags of any kind.
After getting a canned response I rejoined CoM.
Haven't worried about it since.

I dunno. the whole thing just seems buggy to me.:sad4:

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will quit you in 3 days/ but won't let you join a different faction until after the 7 full days has passed.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will quit you in 3 days/ but won't let you join a different faction until after the 7 full days has passed.
Incorrect. I recently took my guild from CoM to Minax and I did not have to wait to join. 3 days I was out, and joined same day.

S

Saleena

I have had a problem with this before. A former guild member had told me that you had to log all of your characters in on your account before you could re-join. Not sure why but I did that and I was able to join my Character into factions.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had a problem with this before. A former guild member had told me that you had to log all of your characters in on your account before you could re-join. Not sure why but I did that and I was able to join my Character into factions.
That makes sense - I only quit one of my faction characters, so that is probably why I had to wait the full 7 days.

S

Saleena

No No It wasnt the fact that I had other Characters in factions still. There is a bug or something of the sort with it right now some people have to log on every single one of their chars on that account regaurdless if you were in factions with them or not. I even had to log on my mule that I've never used in factions. But yea if you still have characters in a Different faction its not going to work. But if it happens in the future just try logging on all of your characters.:D

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, not to jump the thread but I have a similar problem. I have three characters in factions. The first two could wear the crimmy and the totem after one day in, even without any punkte points. The third character has been factions over a week now, has punkte points, and still cannot equip those items. It's a little frustrating to say the least. Oh well, he doesn't need them but it would be nice to have.