• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am lost. Pub 97 stuff to test

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Week ago we had first stage of testing and your goal was to test gaining system. Its done, we had feedback and replies from devs.
Now we testing something and no single reply from devs I seen. There are few problems and I have not seen even "we got it, will fix next stage"

There is summary what works wrong, at least from my point of view:

1. Pets may have option to increase Parry skill cap, but can not gain it. Animal lore show "--"
2. Some Magery abilities need 1600 or 3100 points to activate. We have no proper ways to get so many points at once
3. Chiv, Necro, and after some upgrades Poisoning and Magery do not have any gains.
4. What are the difference between "Magery" and "Magery Mastery" ?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Week ago we had first stage of testing and your goal was to test gaining system. Its done, we had feedback and replies from devs.
Now we testing something and no single reply from devs I seen. There are few problems and I have not seen even "we got it, will fix next stage"

There is summary what works wrong, at least from my point of view:

1. Pets may have option to increase Parry skill cap, but can not gain it. Animal lore show "--"
2. Some Magery abilities need 1600 or 3100 points to activate. We have no proper ways to get so many points at once
3. Chiv, Necro, and after some upgrades Poisoning and Magery do not have any gains.
Magery Mastery is same as with players. Death ray, etc.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some other pets do have parry skill, gain it and there is visible animation on successful parry.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "Magery Mastery" ability changes the AI of the pet. It will run around (similar to how summoned Air Eles do) casting nothing but E-Bolt, FS and occasionally channeling Death Ray on the target, and will not engage the enemy in melee on it's own, unless the enemy walks up to it. It's very Mana intensive, which is why i suggest a Serpentine Dragon for it, and give it 30 MR/1500 Mana/120 Magery Cap/120 Eval Cap. Their stats scream "MAGE!". Serpentine Dragon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Their 1,000+ INT in particular makes them the best option for heavy Mage pet. The max you can "train" INT to is 700, and every 10 points of INT is a innate 1% Spell Damage Increase, so the Serpentine Dragon has 30% more SDI than any other pet due to his 1k+ INT.

Last edited: