• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am going to ask here .... Bashido - Lesser Hiryu Control Formula

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from an old Five on Friday:

If you have 90 Bushido, you have a 60% chance to control the lesser hiryu, and it scales up to a 90% chance at 120 adjusted skill, or 95% at 120 real skill (no jewelry.) Even at 120 real skill, you'll probably want to keep some food on hand in case your lesser hiryu refuses an order - you don't want its loyalty to drop too far!
I'm sure 90 is the requirement for bonding with a sammy.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from an old Five on Friday:

If you have 90 Bushido, you have a 60% chance to control the lesser hiryu, and it scales up to a 90% chance at 120 adjusted skill, or 95% at 120 real skill (no jewelry.) Even at 120 real skill, you'll probably want to keep some food on hand in case your lesser hiryu refuses an order - you don't want its loyalty to drop too far!
I'm sure 90 is the requirement for bonding with a sammy.

Wenchy
Others should test this on TC1 but the above is .... well wrong.

I could not get a transfer to the Bushido character untill I had Bushido at 95.0. At this skill level I impression was that control was less than 20% and felt more like 5% to 10%. It basically went to very happy in less than 6 commands. Could have been just a statistcal fluke but....

At Bushido 100.0 control was noticeably improved, but still the pet was at unacceptable risk of going wild during any one encounter (no not vs a sheep but say several ogres or cyclopian warriors).

At Bushido 110.0 control was borderline acceptable after just a few fights it was exceptionally happy and obeyed maybe 70% to 80% of the commands.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason it seems the lesser hiryu won't bond if your bushido is below the number that is the taming requirement for them. Never have been able to get one to bond at 90 since they changed it.

As for control, I have one bushido char with 110 real, 120 with jewel. That should be 90 percent control. I fail every 3 or 4 commands. That puts it around 66 to 75 percent. I don't use the critters much because of this. I always carry a good quantity of meat with me when I do. They used to be nice companions for hunting monsters as long as I was tanking.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason it seems the lesser hiryu won't bond if your bushido is below the number that is the taming requirement for them. Never have been able to get one to bond at 90 since they changed it.

As for control, I have one bushido char with 110 real, 120 with jewel. That should be 90 percent control. I fail every 3 or 4 commands. That puts it around 66 to 75 percent. I don't use the critters much because of this. I always carry a good quantity of meat with me when I do. They used to be nice companions for hunting monsters as long as I was tanking.
I have tamed a number of Lesser Hiryu's on demand for Bushido people and they never said much and I never paid to much attention to them as why would I a tamer tame a lesser rather than a regular one.

Well as I was playing around with the Casting intensive template I took out Necromancy and substituted Bushido and that is when I hit the "Can not transfer because the pet will not obey ..." when I had Bushido at 90.0

AND

I studied up on the Lesser on stratics and saw that Wrestling and Tactics can both be 120.0 (translates to 108.0 in both skills). Now if that 108.0 does for a Lesser what it does for my near perfect regular Hiryu then I have been taming inferior pets for these people. Granted it takes longer to find a good one (105 and above in wrestling, 80%+ of hp's and str) but I suspect it does make for a better pet.

You have any thoughts on the above?

T

Turdnugget

I use a lesser on my bush chr, 120 real skill. Rarely do I have issues of it not listening... 95% control at 120 real seems about right. I had it x-fered to me at 100 Bushido...