• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am convinced that reinforced refinements of invulnerability never give the 5th modification

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have attempted platemail and bone a combined 16 times between them, and only ever get 4 mods.
Now this may just be a case of me always falling on the wrong side of the RNG, but these are hard to put together and I have
never had this problem with the hardening and fortification (usually getting the bonus mod every 2-3 attempts).

Any thoughts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It will but RNG is involved. Pretend you just want 4 and it gives 5. lol
Fortification gives me 4 when I just want 3.

Is this for PVM? If so, why would you want all 5? Phy, Fire, Energy, are what 95+% mobs damages are.

I just do those 3 and you still have 25 DCI.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will but RNG is involved. Pretend you just want 4 and it gives 5. lol
Fortification gives me 4 when I just want 3.

Is this for PVM? If so, why would you want all 5? Phy, Fire, Energy, are what 95+% mobs damages are.

I just do those 3 and you still have 25 DCI.
I normally just do the big 3, but it is for an archer... never really gets into the mix... and it became more of an OCD thing to have all 75's, which led to an obsession after 10 failures...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I normally just do the big 3, but it is for an archer... never really gets into the mix... and it became more of an OCD thing to have all 75's, which led to an obsession after 10 failures...
Oh, that works.

I really think the RNG knows what you want and teases you. When I want just 3, I get 4.

Keep trying, the RNG will get bored of playing with you and give you 5.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the solution is, just want to have 4 to get the 5ths?
Works for me. whatever I want, the RNG gives me something else a bunch of times whether it's trick or treating or a quest.

Then the RNG gets tired of taunting me so I get the item I was wanting.

The RNG is an evil beast.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might have done the trick already, lamenting about something that's not working for me to a friend usually sees me succeeding very shortly after. :D
you could try RNG.gif

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've gotten all 5 a few times so it's definitely possible. I've never specifically tried for all 5 where if I didn't get all 5 I'd go again; it's been more like I know I'll get 4 and I'm good with that. So I can't speak to multiple attempts back to back and getting 5.

If you are doing this for an archer (ie not a garg) you have 6 armor slots so you really only need 1 single piece with 5 and the rest can have 4 if you are really going for 75 in everything due to OCD (because having something like cold at 74 really isn't a major difference to game play).

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it’s 10% chance to get 5 mods with refinements right? So a 1 in 10 in UO can sometimes takes up to 20 tries all about rng I’ve got 5 mods a few times before but I remember once it took me 12 tries I believe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 of 10 chance does not surprise me. UO loves random and chance. Just as you are about to give up, you get one, then you have to do it again.

Took me 100 tries to make the Medusa Pumpkin. I'm sure it has a better than 1 of 100 chance. RNG