• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] I am almost tempted....

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To add a third page to the current season 8 event item page and call it Mesanna's page because we can all agree that since her limits for item creation reaches nearly no bounds that her items, for the lack of better description, are that much better looking and more desired.

I am seeing a trend that her items are fetching a lot more than other unique or super rare items and people are sometimes forgetting her items should be considered a little differently than regular EM released items. Don't get me wrong, sometimes EM releases some great items but those are seldom and only happens every once in a while.

Take for example the recent unique cap. undead hat that went for 150 mil. While some people think that is a low price its really being masked by other current Messana items that's on the market, i.e. the moongate, blood roses, doll etc... The reality is, that is a pretty fair price for that kind of an item, wearable, unique name, but no special color.

This is not to say that's an inferior item not by any means, but its kinda like comparing a very nice Lexus or Mercedes which both are damn nice cars against a Bentley or Rolls Royce well... there is no comparison.

In addition, since she has mentioned a few times that she will be visiting different shards with her events that I think a separate section for her items may be justified.

What do you all think?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm agreeing with you. They are in fact in a different slot than 'normal EM items'.

As I've said before, I'm not a fan of EM items normally, but the items she makes have been getting my attention.

Plus it's good to keep record of also, so we can track the history of the items much better!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That may put things more in perspective. /agree

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new list has been created and the original 8th season list has also been edited. Please check it out and comment here (NOT THERE LOL).

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think putting Mesanna's creations in their own category was a good move. As you pointed out, there are noticeable differences in the event items of EMs and those of Mesanna's. The smaller lists make looking for things easier, too.

I think the players of UO are very fortunate to have an associate producer who is so involved in the game and someone who gives so much attention to the player base. (Thanks, Mesanna!)

I guess while I am typing out accolades, I should include one for you, Manticore. You do a super job with the lists you post for us. I really don't know how you manage to keep up with all of the events and items. Nice work!

BlissMarie
Thanks Bliss, I definitely can't do it alone. I have many players from the community PM/Icq/emailing me all the time with corrections and reports. Too many to name but its a community project so they should all get the kudos. I am just a person that does the typing hehe.