• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hypothetical question

S

SUPRsalad

This is just a hypothetical question, and I know Ill probably get flamed for this, but what IF:

What IF, all or a good part the western shards' pvp community either transferred or created characters on Pacific (the most central shard)? I think it would be like the good old days of pvp. Think about it. Just what if.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im just wondering why you are making the same exact post that you made what? 2 weeks ago? to which everyone on baja who looks at stratics flamed you for?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. You must've liked the first tea-bagging Baja gave you, because now you're back for more. :p

Seriously though, Baja has a great community of folks. So does Pacific from what I hear. Build it and people with similar interests will come.

A

Alucius(MT)

What IF: YOU make a pvp character on Baja......
What IF: YOU run around in Fel.....
What IF: YOU run into Cartel.....

My suggestion is if you want some good pvp with players other than that on Pacific, make some characters on other shards and play them! Instead of hundreds of people making different characters on one shard to please you, why don't you make a few characters on different shards...test the waters....run into a few Cartel....and then YOU can transfer to Baja!!!

I've heard that there is a wonderful place called Horseshoe Island where you might "bump" into a Cartel or two....possibly....maybe....well there's always hope.

G

Give'R The Onion

Let's not beat this one up to much. It appears all he is looking for is some additional pvp to what already might exist on his home shard. I know that we (Cartel) certainly enjoy an x-sharding guild on Baja when they make an appearance.

I must agree with the other replies here though, bring some of your guild over to Baja for a while. I promise we will do our best to provide a good fight for you. :thumbsup:

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Provide xfer tokens. I'll show up.

Don't come to Baja. I'm getting tired of fighting the same faces, year in, year out.

S

SUPRsalad

Provide xfer tokens. I'll show up.

Don't come to Baja. I'm getting tired of fighting the same faces, year in, year out.
this one here exemplifies the feeling that that provoked my post.. I knew I would get flamed without anyone actually answering the question:

What IF?? I would be glad to make a character on baja, and now that you mention it, I think I will, just to set an example.. but still, what IF everyone had characters on the same shard? I wasn't asking anyone to actually make characters or go out and buy x-fers, I was simply asking WHAT IF?

Doesn't anyone else get tired of fighting the same faces year in, year out? Doesn't anyone just wish there was a bigger community to meet and kill?
It was a hypothetical question. That is all.

Y

Yalp

What IF, all or a good part the western shards' pvp community either transferred or created characters on Pacific (
well then, all or a good part of the western shards pvp community would have transferred or made characters on Pacific.

And the side effects of such an endeavor?

1) Home shards would be less populated
2) Pacific would be more populated

.. you've asked our Baja peeps to come to Pacific before.. I suspect you didn't get the response you were hoping for, because you are back trying to provoke the outcome you desire.

... so 1 of 2 things have happened. You didn't provide enough positives for people to move to Pacific... or you didn't provide enough negatives for people to remain in Baja.

Come play Baja.. the sand is white, the ocean blue, the sun is warm and the breeze... well let's just say the breeze blowing up Xel's kilt on a perfect day can't be matched!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you're just looking for a discussion...

It would be great if it happened. Unfortunately, the only reason it would be needed is because the general population has declined so much on even the larger shards. Gone are the days when there would be 3 way fights between guilds, with each fielding nearly 30-50 people.

I personally don't see it happening though. The whole marketing idea of MMORPGs is for people to get attached to their communities, their personal belongings, etc. and then having to pay that monthly fee. Having more shards means more chances for people to get attached to their stuff and to keep on paying.

And it's probably a little late for UO to implement new technologies into the game without upsetting the older folks. Something akin to WoW's battlegrounds where PvPers are culled from every shard wouldn't be too far-fetched.

C

Cymidei Fier

You could always come to Baja. Just make sure your new character has the Richard Simmons hair,a red shirt and shorts so we recognize you as "that guy from Pacific who wants to eat your kids". Hey can you name your character that too?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And it's probably a little late for UO to implement new technologies into the game without upsetting the older folks. Something akin to WoW's battlegrounds where PvPers are culled from every shard wouldn't be too far-fetched.
At some point, the developers are going to have to do something to bring the shard communities together. The hard part is that unlike other games, if you try to merge the shards, you inevitably are going to tear player-cities apart, destroy historical monuments, and leave alot of people very unhappy.

What would be nice is if they had a landmass, like say Tel Mur, that acted as some sort of battleground where all communities in each region could duke it out (US West, US East, Europa, China/Korea, Japan), perhaps with benefits that impact the entire shard as incentive for everyone to try it out. Or possibly link the shards so when you hit a moongate you see Baja Felucca, Pacific Felucca, Sonoma Felucca, etc.

SUPRsalad said:
It was a hypothetical question. That is all.
Well, I personally apologize for being rude. We have alot of love for our fellow Baja folks (including the Cartel, but don't tell them I said so) and would hate to loose folks to Pacific, Great Lakes, or any other shard out there.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kilts rule!

:drool: So tell us Xel: boxers, briefs or commando? :p

Warder, you are so right. We do love our shard and our PvP'ers. There are some real good eggs in those guilds and I, for one, would be so sad to see them leave. I may not be able to figure the PvP out but I do like to stealth in there and watch what they do.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boxers and commandos; a definite switch up between the two. Briefs are way too restrictive, and besides, spontaneity and unpredictable tendencies are the spice of Life!

As a whole, the Baja community is amazing. As for the OP, I get what you're saying, and I respect where you're coming from, man. Who knows? Perhaps one day they may very well create a way to conduct mass PvP where shards aren't restrictions at all. Instead of Faction points, we'll have Shard wide points for, I don't know, Undergarment Dye Tub (with animal print capabilities) rewards. This game is always evolving, and we've all seen, experienced, and adapted to the changes in some way, shape, or form. We'll see what the future holds.

M

McVie

I like this idea but it would not work I don't think u would have better pvp most plp would migrate in to one guild and u would end up with a few scaterd small guilds and one big zerg guild.. But its a nice idea if u could get most the fel players on one shard it could b a blast if it didn't go that way

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Yalp said and Xel confirmed I figured he'd be a commando, but ya that pic is hot!! lol although Mama Faith once again you remind me why I should never drink anything and read the boards.

*wipes morning coca~cola off the monitor* Good thing I don't have a flat screen lol glass recovers much better lol

Oh and to the OP, I see where you're coming from and it would be nice if we could x shard through gates but only for fellecua.