• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Huntsmans' Challenge: Need more huntable creatures

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Current list of huntable creatures is slim. I'd like to see more creatures available to hunt.

Mongbats
Orcs (new style)
Trolls (new style)
Dragons
Nightmares
Wyverns
Ogres
Arctic Ogerlords
Demons
Balrons

And so-on.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
With the way the huntmaster challenge is, the hunted animal once killed, is available to then be turned into Trophies.
One would certainly need a lot of space to house all these kills. (hunters trophy room)....

I personally would like to see the rewards updated !!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hunting sentients for sport doesn't feel like something a follower of the Virtues would engage in... o_O

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree with Sinder, don't need more things to kill we need the rewards UPDATED, add more stuff to pick from, there is nothing there I need or want now as have enough of all the picks. Surely something new could be added to rewards, and please NO MORE TITLES. They are next to useless now there are far too many already in game that you can't actuallly 'use' the ones you already have.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree with Sinder, don't need more things to kill we need the rewards UPDATED, add more stuff to pick from, there is nothing there I need or want now as have enough of all the picks. Surely something new could be added to rewards, and please NO MORE TITLES. They are next to useless now there are far too many already in game that you can't actuallly 'use' the ones you already have.
I don't really care about the rewards, i just want more creatures to hunt and make trophies out of..

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the great hart were part of the Huntmaster Quest. Seems like an obvious choice. Or anything that already has trophy art (orcs, trolls, gorillas, etc)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More huntable creatures::
  • White Wyrms
  • Shadow Wyrms
  • Ancient Wyrms
  • Skeletal Dragons
  • Lich, Lich Lord, Ancient Lich
  • Solen Warriors and Queens
  • Dread Spiders
  • Terathians
  • Ophidians

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think we need anyore, but I really don't know why they didn't put the Mongbat on the list. It's Un-Brittanian I tell ya!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think we need anyore, but I really don't know why they didn't put the Mongbat on the list. It's Un-Brittanian I tell ya!
I would prefer if the Huntsmaster did things based on the location...

So like one month he'd as for things found in Trammel/Felucca. Which I agree would include Mongbats!

Next month he'd ask for things from Tokuno, Revenant Lions, Kappa, Bake, Cranes, Tsuki wolves etc...

Next it'd be Malas, Skittering Hoppers, Fairies, Vampire Bats, etc...

Then Tur Mur.... Boura, Skree, Sliths, Leather Wolf, etc...

Then Ilshenar, Swamp Dragon, Phoenix, Imp, etc...

Maybe The Lost Lands, Fire Steed, Hell Cat, Territhan, Ostard, .....

Then Eodon ...... And add the Tiger, Gorilla, etc...

Then back to the start again... Or a random one of the locations each month would be sweet. Or even each quarter. Could also swap out some of the animals from time to time and add Deer and other things one would normally hunt various bears not just the grizzly but black bears, polar bears, etc.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like that Idea MalagAste, it would be a wonderful thing to have happen.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would prefer if the Huntsmaster did things based on the location...

So like one month he'd as for things found in Trammel/Felucca. Which I agree would include Mongbats!

Next month he'd ask for things from Tokuno, Revenant Lions, Kappa, Bake, Cranes, Tsuki wolves etc...

Next it'd be Malas, Skittering Hoppers, Fairies, Vampire Bats, etc...

Then Tur Mur.... Boura, Skree, Sliths, Leather Wolf, etc...

Then Ilshenar, Swamp Dragon, Phoenix, Imp, etc...

Maybe The Lost Lands, Fire Steed, Hell Cat, Territhan, Ostard, .....

Then Eodon ...... And add the Tiger, Gorilla, etc...

Then back to the start again... Or a random one of the locations each month would be sweet. Or even each quarter. Could also swap out some of the animals from time to time and add Deer and other things one would normally hunt various bears not just the grizzly but black bears, polar bears, etc.
This is a cool idea. I just want a wider variety of things to kill and make trophies out ot.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is a cool idea. I just want a wider variety of things to kill and make trophies out ot.
Oh I think we all do. But what we REALLY need as well are more idea's for rewards.

My suggestion would be a Tigerskin Rug for starters.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunting sentients for sport doesn't feel like something a follower of the Virtues would engage in... o_O
Is hunting anything for sport, regardless of its intelligence level, "virtuous"? I don't think so.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea behind it is it animals, not monsters or "sentients"

dragons and such are in the realm of "slaying" not hunting. and hunting beings with human qualities like elves or orcs is just too bit grotesque i think for what the developers had in mind.

So, think animals. (and yes, the new dinosaurs i see as more a simple animal than a monster type)