• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Hunting Pirates - "The Witnesses" (RBG)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a conversation between brothers*

=========================================================================
Giles Isley: "Tommy, you know we've been told not to go out there until given the okay. Those pirates might still be out there!"

Thomas Isley: "I don't give a crap, Gil. How are we supposed to feed our families? They depend on our fishing to survive."

Giles: *sighs* "If we go out, we'll have to stay local. We can put out some nets, catch local fish."

Thomas: "That's not worth a pearly damn. We need the open sea, Gil!"

Giles: "And what happens if we're caught by those soul sucking pirates?!?! Then what will become of our families?"

Thomas: *minutes of silence* "We're not like Phil and Esmour, they have other trades to fall back on, Gil. Phil's wife runs the kitchen for the Guild, so he'll be more likely able to pitch in and make decent gold for his time there. And Esmour, well he's a mapmaker by trade... he can sell his sea charts."

Giles: "I know, I know."

Thomas: "We have no choice, we must fish."

Giles: *rubs his face* "Fine but we can't involve Phil and Es. If its true they have other means to make a living, let them stay in the safety of such a living. However, I will not go out to deep sea, Tommy. Not risking it. Staying near Trinsic."

Thomas: "Fine. Let me get the boat ready. Is it in the bay still?"

Giles: "Yes she waits where she always has. Let me have a quick chat with Ann. She's going to want to know we're heading out."

Thomas: "That woman is so demanding! Helena isn't that way."

Giles: "Well that's probably why Helena is your third wife, brother." *grins*

Thomas: "Oh you think you're so clever." *chuckles* "I'll be out by the boat."

==========================================================================
The Isley Brothers are two of four witnesses to the possible sighting of the crew of the USS Odyssey on board a large pirate ship. It is our only lead to the whereabouts of the Lord's crew. Some RBG regiments might be apt to further question the witnesses. They can be found Wednesday, April 23rd, at 8 PM EST around and about the city of Trinsic. Might be worth it to some to have a chat with them.

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* a conversation between spouses*

Kay Bradshawe: "I just don't understand why you feel a need to keep going out to sea when us two running this kitchen could make a comfortable living together."

Philip Bradshawe: "Kay, I just really enjoy what I do. Gil and Tom are my old grade school friends and we just have a ton of fun out there. We understand the risks but its a risk we're willing to take. I've learned so much from them and I am in charge of gutting and cleaning and prepping the catch for sale. Its a pretty good amount of gold, you cannot deny that."

Kay: "Yes, it is. But I still make more than you doing what I do here. Running this kitchen is hard work, as you know and your expertise with seafood can come in very handy."

Phil: *sighs slightly* "Its the camaraderie that I also enjoy. I mean the kitchen is great and it has afforded us a great living, for our children, etc. but Gil and Tom are my best friends, and spending time with them just... well... makes me happy."

Kay: "And spending time with me doesn't. Right."

Phil: "I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I am here now aren't I?"

Kay: "Because you've been grounded, ordered to dry dock. Not because you want to be here."

Phil: "Kay, you knew I was a seaman long before you married me."

Kay: "Yeah and I thought you'd outgrow it. And you know why you are ordered to dry dock?!?! Because there is PIRATES out there!"

Phil: "There always has been. This is no different."

Kay: "Corgul is very different, you know I know the legends. Don't try to say its the same thing!"

Phil: *sighs*

*the kitchen staff enter the room and Kay and Phil return to working alongside the staff for the day*
Philip Bradshawe was one of the four fishermen that witnessed what could possibly be the crew of the USS Odyssey on a large pirate ship that is believed to be flying the standard of Corgul the Soulbinder. Some RBG regiments might be apt to further question the witnesses. They can be found Wednesday, April 23rd, at 8 PM EST around and about the city of Trinsic. Might be worth it to some to have a chat with them.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* a diary entry in the Journal of Esmour Mountell*

Well a slow day today... only managed to sell off about 20 of my sea charts. I guess most boats have been ordered to dry dock. I wonder if the RBG understands how much people depend on fishing for a living? Trinsic's known for its sea dwellers. I really hope the crew of the Odyssey is located soon, not only because the industry is at a stand still but because my good friend Peter Jackmann is part of that crew. Many Trinsic citizens are employed in the Crown's Merchant Association ships. Its a decent living.

Maybe I should take a trip up north, towards Britain. I could continue charting the landlocked areas there. The lumberjacks around use these maps to plan their days. It might get me a few additional coins. Speaking of that area, I may pay a visit to Veronica and her family. They own a small cottage in Northwest Trinsic. Her father John is a master lumberjack. One of these days I might make enough gold to afford a nice ring and ask Veronica's father for her hand in marriage. I so love that girl.

Well back to the mapmakers, I guess, tomorrow to see what I can sell. Certainly scrounging for gold these days, so any bit helps.

Esmour Mountell was one of the four fishermen and a skilled cartographer/charter that also witnessed what could possibly be the crew of the USS Odyssey. Some RBG regiments might be apt to further question the witnesses. They can be found Wednesday, April 23rd, at 8 PM EST around and about the city of Trinsic. Might be worth it to some to have a chat with them.

Last edited: