• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Human vs. Elf lumberjack

G

I'm a human lumberjack and i do ok at finding heartwood trees and some blood trees (haven't found a single frost yet). Does being an elf really increase the chances of finding good wood?

G

I copy/pasted this right off the ml site:

Racial Abilities
Night Sight
Elves always have the effect of a full strength Night Sight spell.

Infused with Magic
Elves have an increased energy resistance cap. Elven players must still increase their actual resistances through normal means (i.e. through equipment and magical effects).

Knowledge of Nature
Elves receive an increase to their chance of acquiring special resources such as colored ore when mining or special boards when lumberjacking.

Difficult to Track
Elves are more difficult to track than humans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, yes, elfs have an increased chance of finding special resources

I will give you an example of how it seems to work to me. Lets say one human and one elf each chop the same tree and each time each gets 100 logs total.
I have observed that a human when he finds colored wood would get something like 80 regular wood and 20 oak for a total of 100. Where as my elf would get around 40 regular wood and 60 oak for a total of 100. These numbers are not exact. I was just trying to point out that if you harvest the exact same number of logs with a human and an elf, the elf will find a greater number of colored woods than a human.

S

slasherofveils

humans get 20% more wood overall, but the elves get more of what they chop colored. Same goes for mining.

So if you were a human and chopped a tree in the example, you would probably get 90 reg/30 oak, and the elf would get about 50/50.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
human...resistant to changing to elf...chopped 55 HW and 77 reg logs on one tree. still dont want to change to elf!

next spawn of same tree, 88HW 44 reg......*shrugs* and back to 55/77...44/88