• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Human-elf relations (OOC)

W

Wolfways

Could someone point me in the right direction to some background information (if there is any) on how the elves and humans view each other please?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think as far as RP goes, it is all a matter of individual characters.

On Atlantic, some get along fabulously and then we also have a Humanists who don't like elves at all. Its all a matter of individual or 'group' preference.

... As far as in-game fiction goes, that I don't know. I'm personally never had need to look into it.

W

Wolfways

Hmm, i just assumed there'd be some kind of lore about how the races view each other. Oh well...

Thanks for the reply :)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I truly wish there was, but the background lore for the elves comes down to one paragraph on the Mondains Legacy webpage. We have more information on Ratmen and Orcs than we do about Elves. The majority of roleplayers have chosen to either draw from Tokien or Forgotten Realms lore for their inspiration.

Once upon a time, the Elves lived amongst humans. They occasionally intermarried. The Heartwood was tied to the world in some mystical manner. They disappeared during the First War of Darkness, and have only reappeared. A commoner is likely to have believed Elves to be a fairy tale, but the oldest Britannians are probably old enough to remember the Fey Folk.