• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] How's Your Raresfest Experience After Day 1?

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have to say after just one day of seeing many of you out at the festival and the items that are out for sale and auction that it has been a very pleasant experience for me. Love the location of the houses for the event. You have plenty of room to move around.I really appreciate what blend and shushu are doing to keep this event running smoothly, there is no amount of thank yous that can suffice what you have are doing. I can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.

And on a side note, I do lots of idocs and over the years i accumulated tons of pink champagne bottles from the old valentine's day gifts. So I decided to bring some with me and surprise some folks and hand them out to people at the vendor area. I think some people were thinking i was a little shady at first and skeptical of accepting but after the first couple of bottles it started to flow from there and seemed everyone was having a good time with it. In all i handed out about 80 bottles of the stuff lol.

Thanks to all who have come to this Raresfest and i hope you are having as good of an experience as i am.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm enjoying the fest very much. I was hoping to maybe see a few more asian items, but the silent auction hasn't happened yet....so maybe! And thank you Dregg for the pink champagne. :)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the layout and how open it feels. I also appreciate how easy it was to get to. Whoever maintains those torches deserve a round of applause for their dedication.

Thank you to the entire team.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i did hear a sourpuss saying that it was bad... but i 2599505% disagree with that person. I think it is FANTASTIC! I know Blend and the rest of the crew have worked so hard to pull this together. Thanks Blend and ShuShu for this great Fest! :)

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you Dregg for the pink champagne

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't transfer there but I logged in to just see some of the items up for sale... I was a bit disgusted by something that I saw tho....
While I was there I witnessed a big time rare collector cursing out a player for about 20 minutes none stop. After that charade was done I saw the same guy go after, name call, and put down 2 other players for about a 5 minute session with each.(Wont say his name but I know that he is a big collector)...
The collector was spamming that he was selling an item for a certain price. The 1st person simply made him an offer that was lower then his asking offer. The person simply said to the collector that that is what that type of item usually goes for. And that is the most he would offer for it and if he changed his mind on the price that he would be there for awhile.. You would think that that would be the end of it, but nope... After that the collector went into a tirade cursing out the guy, calling him a little kid, a duma$$, just straight out flipping out and berating the guy... Also telling him that he is not a bigtime collector so the guy had no business being at the raresfest... In his huge cursing out session the collector even agreed with the guy in a way on the price of the item, "this item is worth 750 mil, but there is a story behind it and that story is worth atleast 500 mill you f*ckin dum@$$"... Then the collector literally sat there for 20 minutes nonstop cursing the guy out, simply b/c he was offered a lower price then his asking price.. Then in that 20 minute span the collector even had 2 friends come over and the 3 of them went off on the guy.. In those 20 minutes the collector even started asking the guy were he lived and said that he wanted to take the drive there to fight him...

This entire display of non-professionalism was just out right ridiculous. So that was my experience at the raresfest lastnight.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't transfer there but I logged in to just see some of the items up for sale... I was a bit disgusted by something that I saw tho....
While I was there I witnessed a big time rare collector cursing out a player for about 20 minutes none stop. After that charade was done I saw the same guy go after, name call, and put down 2 other players for about a 5 minute session with each.(Wont say his name but I know that he is a big collector)...
The collector was spamming that he was selling an item for a certain price. The 1st person simply made him an offer that was lower then his asking offer. The person simply said to the collector that that is what that type of item usually goes for. And that is the most he would offer for it and if he changed his mind on the price that he would be there for awhile.. You would think that that would be the end of it, but nope... After that the collector went into a tirade cursing out the guy, calling him a little kid, a duma$$, just straight out flipping out and berating the guy... Also telling him that he is not a bigtime collector so the guy had no business being at the raresfest... In his huge cursing out session the collector even agreed with the guy in a way on the price of the item, "this item is worth 750 mil, but there is a story behind it and that story is worth atleast 500 mill you f*ckin dum@$$"... Then the collector literally sat there for 20 minutes nonstop cursing the guy out, simply b/c he was offered a lower price then his asking price.. Then in that 20 minute span the collector even had 2 friends come over and the 3 of them went off on the guy.. In those 20 minutes the collector even started asking the guy were he lived and said that he wanted to take the drive there to fight him...

This entire display of non-professionalism was just out right ridiculous. So that was my experience at the raresfest lastnight.
I'm pretty sure i know who you are talking about, and I agree... its total childish and it has happened before. I too will not display the name... but i too am getting tired of the persons attitude.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Just your description of the scene makes me pretty sure I know who it is as well. Which goes to show that it is usually only one person in the community that flips out like that. Please don't let this ruin the festival, or all of Blend and his staff's hard work, and the festive atmosphere that most of the collectors are trying to achieve. I hope you will be able to overlook this, and enjoy the rest of the fest. I also hope the buyer can let this slide off him and enjoy the feet as well.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Sorry for derailing, but asking him/her where they lived over game pixels? LOL, that's when you shut down your acct and go outside your house and realise there is more than UO.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been popping back and forth to have a look. I've bid on a few things but only limited funds so that didn't last long!

Out of interest how do people take money there, or are they just paying with gold they have on another shard?

Here are a few screenshots for those wanting to see:

TheMan2010

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree s_s, he was a real tough guy over pixels and kinda creepy.. i was the guy selling stuff and he walked up and acted like he knew prices.. when a item is 1 of 1 the person who owns that item controls the value.. i just dont have patience for people who tell me my prices are way too much when i control the price.. if u wanna stay on my good side heres what you dont do: tell me prices and talk trash to me.. i can care a less if i have friends or i dont.. i make money so thats rlly all i care about.. i try to enjoy the game until im bothered by the morons that think they know something but they really dont..

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my first rares fest and I've been having a GREAT time. I've met some really amazing people, had tons of laughs, sold some, bought some... I'm really enjoying myself. Blend and crew are doing an excellent job!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i agree s_s, he was a real tough guy over pixels and kinda creepy.. i was the guy selling stuff and he walked up and acted like he knew prices.. when a item is 1 of 1 the person who owns that item controls the value.. i just dont have patience for people who tell me my prices are way too much when i control the price.. if u wanna stay on my good side heres what you dont do: tell me prices and talk trash to me.. i can care a less if i have friends or i dont.. i make money so thats rlly all i care about.. i try to enjoy the game until im bothered by the morons that think they know something but they really dont..
I believe I was referring to you and not the other player.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when a item is 1 of 1 the person who owns that item controls the value.. i just dont have patience for people who tell me my prices are way too much when i control the price..
In all truth and honesty, the buyer and seller both control the prices of EVERY 1 of 1 in this game. What I've learn while trying to buy many 1 of 1's is that you have no idea what the item sell's for. I understand you are the only one who owns this robe.. and that you are in control of pricing it... but.. the buyers are in control of purchasing it. So that's where both parties are in control. I see you have been advertising to sell those robes for over 1bill.. for I think over a month? You are advertising on the most visited rares site and still you haven't sold it. I think that guy you cussed out wasn't really wrong or if he was, he wasn't too far off. But either way, it was wrong for you to cuss him out like that over a STUPID GAME. I mean seriously, i know you don't want the 750mil bid or whatever.. but seriously? Is that why you changed your name from King Siegfred for this new Lucky Luciano? For all the negative things you do? Hear it from me now... and you probably don't give a $hit for what I have to say because... "I'm not as rich as the mighty Luciano..." or "I don't own 2 blaze dogs" or "I don't like to show off my collection so people thing I'm boss at this game.."... but if you keep this attitude of yours up... you won't sell anything in this game anymore, you will have people constantly bashing you, you won't have ANY friends in this game, and you won't be trusted at all.

But hey... nothing like a name change token and a new stratics account can't fix..

Just something to think about...

Last edited:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i never asked where he lived sir.. he was the one who asked that..
I don't think you should be saying anything seigfred... I have some ICQs of you threatening me and using some VERY vulgar racial language because I didn't sell you an item at the price you wanted.

You "SIR" are no better than the other person in questions.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sieg/TheMan/Lucky is not considered a big collector by ANYONE in the community. So if stuff like that happens, go ahead and call him out. Hes always been one of THE rudest people out there, who IS known to overprice EVERY item he tries to sell.

Im so tired of "Oh but hes a bigtime collector so I wont say his name, even tho he was so rude and hateful or almost scammed or ect ect ect". I mean is THAT the community we all want to be apart of? Where incidents like that are just brushed under the rug because they are supposedly high up on some nonexistent social ladder?

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sieg/TheMan/Lucky is not considered a big collector by ANYONE in the community. So if stuff like that happens, go ahead and call him out. Hes always been one of THE rudest people out there, who IS known to overprice EVERY item he tries to sell.

Im so tired of "Oh but hes a bigtime collector so I wont say his name, even tho he was so rude and hateful or almost scammed or ect ect ect". I mean is THAT the community we all want to be apart of? Where incidents like that are just brushed under the rug because they are supposedly high up on some nonexistent social ladder?
I agree. The only reason I wasn't gonna call him out is because i thought it was over and nothing else was going to be said. I saw it happen, i was on my alt. But after he denied it to an extent, then I decided to just say it. But this is the reason why people HATE rares collectors because of sour attitudes and thinking you are better than ANOYNE ELSE. What a shame..

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when he first started on Atlantic. He was begging for someone to sell him a Plague Beast statue for like 1/2 what it was worth at the time. He had no gold back then. Somehow or another I pissed him off back then and he has never gotten over it. The other day on Atlantic I decided to bury the hatchet so to speak and apologize for whatever I had done. I said there is no need for discourse in the rares community. He laughed in my face and said I was not part of the rares community and that I probably didn't own one single rare that was worth anything. I gated him to my house and showed him my prized position, Christmas Carols (1/10) and he again laughed in my face saying that was nothing! Funny thing is, there are 2 of the Christmas Carols in the auctions houses with 300 mil buyouts. I have been away from the game for a while and only been back for a couple of months. I came back with naked characters and very little gold. I don't have billions of gold. My fortune is still only in the millions, but I have been a rares collector for 15 years and even had my Origin museum listed in the old museum thread. That guy is rude and obnoxious and is generally unpleasant to deal with. Anyone who has to have a clone of him standing next to him at all times to show his wealth off is, in my humble opinion, a douchebag. I say that with all the love I could possibly muster.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just ignore Sieg thats what i do, works quite well tbh. He's really nothing more than a child who throws a fit when he doesn't get what he wants. He seems to think he's better than everybody else because hes got 2 blaze dogs and some rares so i just decided to not do business with him because of his snobby attitude. He's definitely the rudest person I've met in-game. Don't let that ruin the fest though he's really the only 1 of us thats like that.

Last edited:

TheMan2010

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeh ok alex.. for one i got an offer of 1.5bil for that robe for ur info.. for 2 i never ever cussed that dude out.. i do not cuss on the game cause im not risking getting banned.. for two ya are just jealious of me and thats ok i would be too.. for three ya should just stay out of it cause u have no clue what ya are talking about..

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow is all I can say. The fest is great, but! Where is all the good Liquor you turds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I have seen is a few bottles from the Avery event awhile back! I am gonna start drinking on the steps of the Silent Auction houses till I puke, then you all will have to walk through it to see whats inside! Take that!!!!!!:pint:

TheMan2010

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also ya are talking about childish but ya are the ones who are talking about it like its a hobby.. plus i could care a less if i hurt somebodys feelings its a game remember.. oooo i hurt pixels feelings lol how lame is that haha.. he prom guess what seems like everything i sell over priced sells so what does that mean?? ohh it means im not over priced.. thx for ur 2 cents.. ya are the ones who need to grow up and leave my name out your mouth.. everyday im hustlin..

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I gave up trying to make any sense of that ^above paragraph.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also ya are talking about childish but ya are the ones who are talking about it like its a hobby.. plus i could care a less if i hurt somebodys feelings its a game remember.. oooo i hurt pixels feelings lol how lame is that haha.. he prom guess what seems like everything i sell over priced sells so what does that mean?? ohh it means im not over priced.. thx for ur 2 cents.. ya are the ones who need to grow up and leave my name out your mouth.. everyday im hustlin..
All I heard was, "Blah, Blah, Blah, I'm a dirty $^^%$!"

But seriously, oh wait, I have nothing...

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I remembered! I translated the paragraph:

"I am better than all of you put together!"

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeh ok alex.. for one i got an offer of 1.5bil for that robe for ur info.. for 2 i never ever cussed that dude out.. i do not cuss on the game cause im not risking getting banned.. for two ya are just jealious of me and thats ok i would be too.. for three ya should just stay out of it cause u have no clue what ya are talking about..
Okay, since we all know he can count...

1) if you got an offer of 1.5bil.. why are you still selling it in the auction for a reserve of 1bil... better yet.. if you got a 1.5bil offer.. why haven't you taken it or why hasn't this said person bid buyout on the robe? Hmm, wonders...

2) I've spoken to atleast 3 people who saw you cuss him out. hmm.. i wonders...

3) What do you mean you don't cuss people out? That's your biggest lie yet. I play Atlantic you know.. same as you. I play all the time.. I've seen you do it many times. And you can't get banned for cussing people out... DUH. Since you play Atlantic... do you EVER watch general Chat? I mean.. hello? People cuss in that ALL THE TIME yet they are there EVERYDAY.... unfortunately. The thing you may get banned for is if that guy above can prove you made racial comments. Now that's a banning...

4) I'm JEALIOUS?!?! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
That is the most funny stupid thing I've heard. I am in NO WAY jealious of what you got. Do you even know what I own? Do you even know what I have? Since you like numbers... here is one.. My whole account... is worth over 20bil.. maybe more. I got a nice In-game family, called the people who are at Toad Town. I got a Toad Town 18x18 and a 12 Year old Castle which Mesanna placed a banner at. I got a ton of rares I am happy to own. I got FULLY Trained Characters on almost every shard. So sir.. in no WAY am i Jealious of you...

5) I do know what I'm talking about. Because i for one, don't have my head up my A$$ like you do.. always thinking you are better than ANYONE on these forums. I know quite well what the hell i'm talking about. So you can go on and do what you do best, which is staying in the shadows and just leaving everyone the hell alone. Because quite obviously, everyone on these forums is tired of you and your attitude.

I hope you understand what I've written, people like you who are self-centered only see's what they want to see and thinks they are the only one on Earth who matters.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we talking about the same Lucky who was only recently running around Luna bank on Atlantic dropping cheques on the floor with people chasing him saying he was going to quit UO? I think I might even have some screenshots from this.

I even remember him saying he was going to give all his stuff away in the form of some kind of event. Everyone called BS and guess what.....seems like it was.

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we talking about the same Lucky who was only recently running around Luna bank on Atlantic dropping cheques on the floor with people chasing him saying he was going to quit UO? I think I might even have some screenshots from this.

I even remember him saying he was going to give all his stuff away in the form of some kind of event. Everyone called BS and guess what.....seems like it was.
That would be correct. Same person. Bring on the screenies!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*Suffers extreme brain damage from trying to comprehend this form of the English dialect"

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

So Inappropriate. I guess I am going to have to show up to the fest after all. :mylittlepony: here is a little pony rare to fly you away.

Honestly, Really, come on, Well every village has its idiot.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ya gotta give us a name lol. Please pm me the name.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ya gotta give us a name lol. Please pm me the name.
Ditto,

This is so inappropriate that once I know who it is I would place a ban on buying or selling with them for a year.

Virtual pixel time out so to speak. I would encourage my fellow community members to do the same as well.

I could care less what they would have to sell as there is always a deal for something at some point somewhere and usually at a lower price. Did I mention 'And with no Drama"

as a community we really do not have to put up with this kind of activity.

Please PM or icq me so that I can take appropriate action and not support this kind of behavior in my community

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its already in the thread. It was TheMan/Lucky Luciano/King Siegfried

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i do miss the organizing and responsibility of running a rares festival, thats all i looked forward to in uo after a while, hope everyone is having fun !

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
looks to me like they are having a blast for the most part! :) I am sure that we all miss having you around friend

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First rare fest here as well. I have no intention(or funds;o) to do anything besides windows shopping but even that is proving highly entertaining. Crew has done very impressive job sorting this all out. Curious to see what weekend will bring!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been very happy with this Rares Fest - have found some cool items - I forgot how much awesome slime dyed items would be up for sale due to that being an Asian event (and an awesomely fun one). I also found me a Naughty Bag this morning - woohoo! (empty, but I don't care, I'll take what I can get). Now if only I could find a slime dyed one!
The silent auctions are full (as always) of really cool stuff that I'll never be able to afford. but it's fun to look at!
Thanks to everyone that has put this festival together! Looking forward to this weekend.

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that bothers me about Fest so far, other than the above mentioned incident is the fact that there is a Slither in the silent auction. Yes, it is owned by no one but it does still spawn. Many vendors last night got covered over with Goza mats because they had items on their vendors that spawned. There is an vendor area that allows non rare items. Just seems odd to me that this was allowed. It is just my personal opinion that it should not be allowed in the rare silent auction. What do you think?

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The only thing that bothers me about Fest so far, other than the above mentioned incident is the fact that there is a Slither in the silent auction. Yes, it is owned by no one but it does still spawn. Many vendors last night got covered over with Goza mats because they had items on their vendors that spawned. There is an vendor area that allows non rare items. Just seems odd to me that this was allowed. It is just my personal opinion that it should not be allowed in the rare silent auction. What do you think?
Good point. Not saying it is an easy thing to come by getting that type slither but i had decided last night to sell 2 of my super scrappers (repond and demon) but since they are craftable i was unable to sell them. I agreed with shushu on the matter (i am not angry at you shushu lol) so i tend to agree with you Rowan.

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto,

This is so inappropriate that once I know who it is I would place a ban on buying or selling with them for a year.

Virtual pixel time out so to speak. I would encourage my fellow community members to do the same as well.

I could care less what they would have to sell as there is always a deal for something at some point somewhere and usually at a lower price. Did I mention 'And with no Drama"

as a community we really do not have to put up with this kind of activity.

Please PM or icq me so that I can take appropriate action and not support this kind of behavior in my community
Agreed!

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not saying it is an easy thing to come by getting that type slither

To be fair, any owned by noone talismans have lost any added value they used to have due to the re-release of item bless deeds.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a great fest and hats of too Blend and Shushu again, and whoever else has been behind the scenes helping. Unless you have actually particapted in one you may not realise the work that goes into this and you pretty much need to be by your computer for a week. Not a easy task. Again great job, EA should be proud of you guys for bettering there game when they lack at it at every corner. Thanks