• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How's Legends these days?

A

AzraelOfCIT

Missing the game after all these years. Was curious if alot of people I knew are still around, as well as how is the game doing these days?

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Returned after several years myself. Loving it so far. Played a number of games and none gave you the community feel that ultima does.

M

MoreBeer

Greetings,

You Know i asked my self the same question past few months.. sooo.. i dusted off my cd.. and had a hell of a time getting my old account back.. (last time i logged into a EA server was 2003 i think)

so anyways.. a old time vet is trolling his old lands on legands..

MoreBeer :eyes:

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still going strong here. Even bumped into a guy named Cyn that i knew in RL. Didnt even know he was a UO player until we got to talking. Hes opened like 5 accounts now lol. Good to have the company of an older player.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cough*older player *cough*

so good to see people returning :)

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well our average age is way above the norm of MMOs, but in the care i mentioned, its literal lol. Anyway its great being back

M

MoreBeer

*cough*older player *cough*

so good to see people returning :)
yep.. im as old as they come.. i got this game.. first day it was released.. back then.. it was on a 14k modem on dial up.. haha.. god i miss the old graphics of the chest opening up on log in..

soo.. here are my gripes sooo far..

1. WTH happend to brit bank??.. its like empty and butt ugly now:rant2:.. cant stand near the wall like jay and silent bob slanging the pixxie crack any more?

2. soo many empty vendors.. i got tired last night clicking constantly looking around for goodies (around luna).. to just find empty vendors everywhere..

3. my toon has lost alot of skill.. lucky my resist spells is at 100.(that was really hard to get to 100) xxx amount of deamon scrolls.. and a healer... but my animal taming.. magery, all went down like 10 to 15 points. uhg.. lol

last but not least.. is there a rune house? 100k for a trammel dungon rune book? really? i mean i can understand inflation.. but still.. 100k? they use to sell for 1-5k.. lol its not like materials of npc vendors went up in price..

anyways.. feels good to see the old lands i use to cause so much trouble on..

MoreBeer

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off, my apologies for the decorations at Brit bank.... I won the contest with another design (I had submitted four) and when the bank got re-done they chose to use half of one of my first attempts, why I don't know.... tried for a very long time to get the correct design implemented but they are short-staffed and overworked

as to your rune book problems you should maybe try asking in General Chat.... I've seen a few of our players make up and deliver free books to new/returning players.. and yes, a few good rune houses right in Luna... JumpGate Junction is gone from the Brit moongate, but the library was moved to the vendor house on the Luna north road.... Thunder has gone but his library remains maintained by Luc (or is it Jirel?) on the Luna east road...... and out on the west road there is the TMC vendor house, right at the west gate and on the inside northwest corner Snow has a rune library also

and finally...... yer prolly not 'as old as they come' but likely old as a Sosarian citizen gets ;)

M

MoreBeer

thanks for the info.. ill see if i can find the Rune Library houses yee speaks of tonight when i get home..

as far as brit goes.. well.. guess people got bored there as its main hub.. its all good.. ill learn to deal..

hazrad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you would appreciate Atlantic more so than Legends. The brit bank is as crazy there as it was in the late 90's.

M

MoreBeer

Id have to pass.. legends is home.. i went thru alot of trouble .. back when it was AOL to get on this server.. (signing up with Aol) i think my first toons.. where on cats.. then went to napa when that opened up..

i like quiet servers anyways.. less drama.. thanks tho

K

KingTatwin

As far as rune libraries go Toben's Hall is also in Luna allong the north wall. Three floors of rune books and lock picking boxes. If you turn on your map its the house with a rune stone decorated on the roof.

Welcome back and have fun!

P

PCByproduct

Missing the game after all these years. Was curious if alot of people I knew are still around, as well as how is the game doing these days?
Weird...was just having the craving these past few weeks of returning to UO...but I heard it was really getting bad with the WoW rip-off graphics and mechanics...

For the past 3 or so years (or 4?), how has PvP changed? Factions seem to be back? How? Are mages still fun to play or is it all Click and Chase?

M

MoreBeer

The enhanced client is pretty (for a 12 year old game).. id have to say yeah.. they are following suit as a WoW clone.. but in reality.. what mmo isnt following that? I do find it hard to make macros in the enhanced client.. and seems to crash alot.. says its in beta.. what ever that means..
so i went back to the 2d client.

The game mechanics have not changed to me.. and its been 7 years sence i logged out.. a few things did change.