• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Would You Imbue This Weapon?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few of these old invasion weapons laying around & I was curious. What would you imbue this weapon with? After imbuing, I could enhance with Ash Wood to give 60% SSI. There are 2 possible properties left to imbue, and approximately 130 pts of imbuing available if you keep the damage increase.... or 237 pts available if you make the damage increase 1.

http://i67.***********/dbpb9k.jpg

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
1) I don't think I'd imbue that at all. Even with 60SSI and 211 stam, you're still only shooting at 2s.

2) If you were going to go to the trouble to drop the DI to 1, you might as well free up a whole property and just get rid of it entirely with a Whetstone of Enervation.

3) Seems like HML is your only logical choice here, which will use up the whole 130 you have available I believe.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3) Seems like HML is your only logical choice here, which will use up the whole 130 you have available I believe.
I wouldn't imbue HML onto that. With 60% SSI on it, the HML on it would be horrible, especially being a Ranged wep. That'd be better as a PvP Weapon, namely a Dismount bow for Stealth Archers. In that case, drop the DI, and put Hit Lightning and Hit Velocity on it, while cranking the HLD up as much as possible.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Isn't a 2.0 swing speed too slow for PVP too? I don't PVP much, so I've never put much thought into it, but it seems likely.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't you get less imbue weight as its non-exceptional?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I thought looted items still got the max. It is non-exceptional, player crafted, that has the issue.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Looted items have less imbuing weight since they are non-exceptional, yes.
That particular one would have 500 imbuing weight, down from 550 for an exceptional two handed ranged weapon.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't imbue HML onto that. With 60% SSI on it, the HML on it would be horrible, especially being a Ranged wep. That'd be better as a PvP Weapon, namely a Dismount bow for Stealth Archers. In that case, drop the DI, and put Hit Lightning and Hit Velocity on it, while cranking the HLD up as much as possible.
This, I'd Whetstone the DI, as its likely to hit 40 damage on a Dismount anyway, and add Balanced if it'll fit.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't a 2.0 swing speed too slow for PVP too? I don't PVP much, so I've never put much thought into it, but it seems likely.
Heavy Crossbows are used for Dismount in PvP by Stealth Archers. Once they get the Dismount off, they switch to a Comp Bow for 1.25s attack speed. Burst damage is more important for a wep that you'll use for maybe 1-2 shots at a time (which Hit Lightning and Velocity would provide more burst than DI would), and the HLD will help set up a kill after they're dismounted.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Heavy Crossbows are used for Dismount in PvP by Stealth Archers. Once they get the Dismount off, they switch to a Comp Bow for 1.25s attack speed. Burst damage is more important for a wep that you'll use for maybe 1-2 shots at a time (which Hit Lightning and Velocity would provide more burst than DI would), and the HLD will help set up a kill after they're dismounted.
Personally I'd go for Hit Fireball, as when playing a Stealth Archer you're more likely to go for casters over dexxers, because dexxers are usually harder to hit can Disarm/Splinter you which on foot kinda sucks.