• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how to train fencing?

H

hampage

I decided to move from swords to fencing in my warrior (sort of necro/swords) but i´m having difficult in raising it... I tried troglodites but I didnt get much increase, so I think they are too much for just 25 fencing. what to train and where and at what level?

G

Gama_Isisson

You train fencing exactly the same way you trained swords.

A

Ash

I decided to move from swords to fencing in my warrior (sort of necro/swords) but i´m having difficult in raising it... I tried troglodites but I didnt get much increase, so I think they are too much for just 25 fencing. what to train and where and at what level?
Yeah you won't gain much (if at all) if your displayed skill is more than 20 pts different than your target's wrestling skill. So Trog's won't be good till get your skill up to 70s.

I would suggest you goto New Haven and buy skill from fencing instructor, that will get you a flat 40 to start off.

Then I would work Lizard Men till about 65ish. Then can do harpies/earth elementals or Trogs for a while, those should get to 90s well. Can continue to beat on Trogs after that but gains will get slower and slower, so around 100 could go beat on some Tuski Wolves or Yomotsu Warriors, or the ole Ogre Lords which will take you to 120.

H

hampage

Yeah you won't gain much (if at all) if your displayed skill is more than 20 pts different than your target's wrestling skill. So Trog's won't be good till get your skill up to 70s.

I would suggest you goto New Haven and buy skill from fencing instructor, that will get you a flat 40 to start off.

Then I would work Lizard Men till about 65ish. Then can do harpies/earth elementals or Trogs for a while, those should get to 90s well. Can continue to beat on Trogs after that but gains will get slower and slower, so around 100 could go beat on some Tuski Wolves or Yomotsu Warriors, or the ole Ogre Lords which will take you to 120.
thank you

G

GFY

If your just swapping out fencing for swords on an established character you might want to go to an anti-virtue dungeon and try lizard men or earth ele's. You'll gain pretty well and you might get a drop.

H

hampage

If your just swapping out fencing for swords on an established character you might want to go to an anti-virtue dungeon and try lizard men or earth ele's. You'll gain pretty well and you might get a drop.
im at 85 fencing now, where should I go? drop means artie? will it appear in my backpack or do I have to check loot on every corpse?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to New Haven, train up to 40. Then get a 100% poison weapon and get a GM tinker to make you a golem. Then just beat on the golem till your where you want to be,

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im at 85 fencing now, where should I go? drop means artie? will it appear in my backpack or do I have to check loot on every corpse?
Earth Eles will take you well into the 90's. I've had great gains from juka warriors after 95 through 110 (too bad they are no longer in Wrong on LS).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will drop in your pack automatically if you get one.

G

GFY

The artie will appear in your back pack. You can loot the corpses for gold.

After you reach 90 go on to the next level and try ettins. If your gains aren't fast enough go down another level and try Ogre Lords. These will take you all the way to 120.

If your going for skill gains use a fast weapon with no DI and no slayer properties. You want to hit your target often and not necessarily kill them right away.