• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to steal in trammel...for new thieves and old

S

ShadowJack

there is also stuff about the way a thief should play, the morals of a thief not being on what you steal and how much you own, but playing the game.

to sum it up on how to steal in trammel is dumb

it's a valid way to play a thief in trammel with tips on getting away, and tactics for not being known.

AND it will be updated to improve the thief style of play

So if you weren't around in the old days, and don't know what it's like to steal from another player, then come to the forum to learn how.

Learn the dark side of uo, the malcontents and the evil, the murderers and the thieves in the thief/murderer forum

if you don't know how to be evil, we'll teach you.

J

jelinidas

I do have a thief, and trust me, thats not how I roll. :coco:

Guess my thief has at least a little honor.

S

ShadowJack

before you talk about honor, read the post in the thief forum.

Thieves follow a code set by thieves since the start of the game

If you don't steal from other players, then you aren't a true thief.

I'm posting proper attitudes and style of gameplay as well as the methods.

If you feel bad about stealing in the game then you don't need to be a thief.

You can always let the poor marks go, and encourage them to be wealthy, so you can visit them later.

Trammel stealing is crappy, I even say so in my post, but it's what the thief class is limited to, so you go with what works. It'd be much nicer to have insurance out of fel, so that we can go back home.

And don't worry, if I ever run into you in game, then I'll sell back your items at a discount

Oh and the post has been updated with more ways to steal from people in trammel

kthx

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone should read this link, for perspective on the mentality that necessitated the creation of Trammel to begin with.

-Galen's player

S

ShadowJack

he's right though, it's part of it.

See there are a few different types of gamestyles and ours is the darker one. I never had a pk, I don't see the point. I saved my counts for buttholes that I didn't like.

trammel was needed for safe game play. But somehow fel got caught up in all of it when it didn't need to. Players needed to wise up.

the thief forum used to be the most popular prof forum on stratics, every time you hit refresh there would be new replies and comments by many many people.

It's those people that Fel should be meant for. The current fel player is desperate to keep it watered down for reasons I have no idea (I haven't seen a good one yet)

The thief isn't a murderer but belongs in fel just as much as they do. The pks in the game are watered down now, it's silly.

a return to wlider and more dangerous days is needed (for fel, and it's visiters)

C

Connor_Graham

there is also stuff about the way a thief should play, the morals of a thief not being on what you steal and how much you own, but playing the game.

to sum it up on how to steal in trammel is dumb
Otherwise known as exploiting game mechanics which I hope will get you banned eventually.

Stealing in Tram is against the rules. What you do isn't stealing, it's playing a Con Artist, which is also against the rules in the right circumstances.

Besides that, if you suck so bad at playing a Thief in Fel that you have to exploit in Tram to get your jollies, that doesn't say a hell of a lot about your so called Thieving abilities.

it's a valid way to play a thief in trammel
The ONLY valid use of the Stealing skill in the Tram ruleset is for the purpose of stealing designated stealable artifacts and daily town spawns.

THAT'S IT.

S

ShadowJack

Besides that, if you suck so bad at playing a Thief in Fel that you have to exploit in Tram to get your jollies, that doesn't say a hell of a lot about your so called Thieving abilities.

I was better on a thief pre Aos than you will ever be with any of your chars.

My other chars too probably, I didn't have insurance on any char to baby my gameplay

I remember getting ganked with my newbie char outside of town, and guess what? I went out another exit

with a thief, I've never needed anything more than the junk thrown on the ground at the bank to make it. I've never had to buy recall runes, and they resell for a tad bit of change

It's amazing how dense and item hungry the modern day UO player is

I feel like the old war vets who talk about how soft people are today

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry for your predicament...la
And I'm sorry for turning this thread into a flamewar, but there are people who do not want PvP as part of their gameplay and, as much as I know you don't like that style, I ask that you respect it. This thread is essentionally laying out the foundation for a playstyle of infiltrating guilds and stealing from them IN TRAM, which runs counter to the entire philosophy of Tram.

Given that I backed down completely in the thread yesterday about my deep suspicion over the thief playstyle spilling over into Tram when I was scolded that it was just one rogue idea, I was frankly disappointed that you choose to attack rather than empathize with my comment in this thread.

S

ShadowJack

Otherwise known as exploiting game mechanics which I hope will get you banned eventually.

Stealing in Tram is against the rules. What you do isn't stealing, it's playing a Con Artist, which is also against the rules in the right circumstances.

The ONLY valid use of the Stealing skill in the Tram ruleset is for the purpose of stealing designated stealable artifacts and daily town spawns.

THAT'S IT.

lol @ you

well thieves, a short lesson on how to find your marks, is to notice people like this on the message boards

It shows you who hates your char and who want nothing more than to see you out of the game.

People that hate are not victims, they are another type of evil all together, and just undeserving of any mercy from the thief.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I'm sorry for turning this thread into a flamewar, but there are people who do not want PvP as part of their gameplay and, as much as I know you don't like that style, I ask that you respect it. This thread is essentionally laying out the foundation for a playstyle of infiltrating guilds and stealing from them IN TRAM, which runs counter to the entire philosophy of Tram.

Given that I backed down completely in the thread yesterday about my deep suspicion over the thief playstyle spilling over into Tram when I was scolded that it was just one rogue idea, I was frankly disappointed that you choose to attack rather than empathize with my comment in this thread.
Attack? Not at all. All I did was clarify that if you don't want thieves let into your PvM guild, talk with your guildmaster, or start a guild of your own and make sure you keep them out of the guild. Infiltrating guilds by thieves is very easy to avoid. Again, it's not against or abusing any game mechanics to enter a Trammel based guild.

It's not griefing...it's stealing...la

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing from your own guild is chicken ****.

Rico as a mod? WHO'S Idea was that? Keep him hidden in the shadows is all have to say. :loser: Give Us the option to ignore.

S

ShadowJack

And if you bother to read my post about this you'll notice that I point out I think personally that insurance should be removed from fel, and stealing from trammel.

My thief has always been my main, don't be mad you couldn't nerf him to death

Now if I could get my legendary armslore/item id/herding/tracking/remove trap char golden again I'll rule you all ^^

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, since you are somehow a moderator, I can't put you on my ignore list.
He was on mine, but because he is a Moderator...he isn't anymore.

:drool: :cursing: :lame:

That's all I have to say. But let me restate...

:lame:
If you have issues with my becoming a moderator, please feel free to contact a Stratics administrator. As I mentioned earlier. I am sorry you are unable to ignore my posts without the ignore feature, but I'll again point you in the direction of Stratics administration to resolve your problem...la

S

ShadowJack

Rico as a mod? WHO'S Idea was that? The guy is a Professional TROLL. Keep him hidden in the shadows is all have to say. :loser:

lol rico, I forgot how beloved our class can be.

Who said thieves don't make good bad guys, who needs monster npcs

Eventually a thief will get hated by large groups of people and in fel, that can make it interesting

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not at all, stealing from a guildmate is very risky. You are freely attackable while still in the guild, by any and all guild members.

Rico as a mod? WHO'S Idea was that? The guy is a Professional TROLL.
Actually it was mine. You like? Oh and I'm not a professional...I'm not nor ever have been paid to post here...la

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eventually a thief will get hated by large groups of people and in fel, that can make it interesting
Depends on the thief. I point you to Chad. He was the bane of the gate and everywhere else on Napa for a long time. But very few hated him. In fact, for the most part Napa adored and admired him. He stole out stuff AND made us laugh about it ...

C

Connor_Graham

It shows you who hates your char and who want nothing more than to see you out of the game.
I don't hate the character. The character is nothing more than pixels.

It's the person behind the character that is getting the hate.

And believe me, you'll never make a mark out of me. People like you are one of the reasons I stay away from guilds.

S

ShadowJack

Often most, harder marks will hate your class even more. They are people who know how to thief proof themselves and yet still hate.

They sometimes will never be stolen from, but if you manage it, you usually will have a chance of making an in game episode, as these people become furious and lose thier cool

A real thief doesn't page a game master on people, he takes screenshots of them being an ass, and posts it for people to laugh at.

The game masters are busy, and you thief have no wish to draw the attention of the higher powers to yourself. Prefering instead to stay in the shadows.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep it up. I'm going to laugh when they delete the pickpocketing aspect from the game completely and make Stealing just the "pick up artifacts in the dojo" skill. It would be real easy to code, too.

It's funny though. You post that crap about how it would be great fun to have thieves in Trammel, and when everyone says no, thieves are D-bags, you set out to prove them right.

C

Connor_Graham

The game masters are busy, and you thief have no wish to draw the attention of the higher powers to yourself. Prefering instead to stay in the shadows.
Yeah, because the GM would just ban you after finding out what happened.

But then you already know that.

I'm SO glad Thieves were nerfed to all hell and then some.

Now if the rest of the leghumpers would go to Fel and stay there we'd all have ourselves a party.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep it up. I'm going to laugh when they delete the pickpocketing aspect from the game completely and make Stealing just the "pick up artifacts in the dojo" skill. It would be real easy to code, too.
ROFL, like that will happen...la

S

ShadowJack

Yeah, because the GM would just ban you after finding out what happened.

But then you already know that.

I'm SO glad Thieves were nerfed to all hell and then some.

Now if the rest of the leghumpers would go to Fel and stay there we'd all have ourselves a party.

Take item insurance out of fel, and I'll keep my thief in fel 95% of the time, only going to trammel to aleviate boredom.

the gimp thieves you are talking about are gone. The remaints of the remaints that are left are the old schoolers who didn't just make a char to gate hop.

And you would have made a good thief I think. (in the old days when we could be thieves) You might have had trouble making friends, but I can tell your personality would fit the playstyle once you got used to it.

C

Connor_Graham

Sorry, I've never tried or wanted to be a Con Artist in RL. I sure couldn't and wouldn't do it in game.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

like that will happen.

The more a skill or system is abused, the more likely the freedom contained in that skill or system will be taken away.

Remember that at the end of the day, the game is about money in the form of subscriptions. If enough subs are cancelled with the same reasoning behind it, then action will be taken to correct that reason (which is why we now have the Trammel ruleset).

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'd say it's still a possibility. You're NOT talking to a tamer or a fan of tamers. I personally think it was a mistake making them tamable to begin with.

But that's a whole other LONG diatribe. If Greater Dragons become a big enough problem in PvP, then yes, they will be changed.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I can't recall the last time i read a post here about someone that felt that they were wronged by a thief who was let into their guild, so to say that this is something that is being abused? Sorry, I don't buy it...la

S

ShadowJack

Where is all of this money the game is making?

This proposed change would only bring in new and old players

Offer the old players races, new skills, new lands, and trammel, with the comfort of home (fel)

and the new players 2 different games in one

The eq/uo mix that is the Tram side

and the Uo style Fel side

seriously, it doesn't push anyone out, it just makes fel, well more fel like

but face it, if it's about money, this game isn't doing that great, most of the servers are at minimal capacity

Run around atlantic, then run around cats or LS or siege and you'll see what I mean, being the first server atl has a huge pop compared to the rest, but atl isn't booming at all compared to what it used to be.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not at the moment... down the road? Who knows. Depends on the feedback that Mythic gets as this little activity comes to light.

It may have not been the best thing to have posted if you guys wanted to actually "work in the shadows".

Notice that I did not say that it WOULD be removed, but that IF it is overly abused and people start using it as a reason they are leaving the game, then it will.

And as the thief community well knows... it will not have been the first time a portion of the Thief system in the game has been altered due to abuse.

S

ShadowJack

even without insurance, with the blessed items out there (there are a ton of them) and necro/ss and paladins healing ability

then they have no way a thief can make them die by stealing

it would actually make those two more common in fel

and yes the thief was abused by "leg humping gimps" but I don't see how they can get away with the same stuff now

the game has moved beyond the ability to do that

I would just make it so you couldn't steal and gate hop, the server line thing will probably always be abused by people and not just the thieves.

and instead of fighting a bunch of house hiders and guard zone babies, you will actually be chasing thieves all over hell and back to get a kill.

They can't give murder counts anyhow, so it's a good method for the blues to practice pking without going red

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but stealing is considered uncon PvP. being in a guild in tram opens you up for uncon pvp within guild or through war. GM's wont do squat, it would be just like throwing a fit to a GM that a guild mate killed you and looted you dry. Nice try at scarein people though.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations.

In a single thread, you have reinforced the opinions of every player who thinks that thieves are nothng but griefers who should be removed from the game.

I hate the fact that my thief has so few options available when it comes to stealing stuff, and I'll vote for any changes to improve the scope of what he can "borrow" in Felucca, but I want nothing to do with the techniques suggested in your post.

You didn't post any new information; after all most players know that they can be killed by / stolen from by Guildies and Allies, and I understand the "be careful who you let into your guild" warning implied in your post; but glorifying in what is essentially nothing more than a cheap scam does nothing but harm to the cause of true thieves.

@ Rico: I'm a little saddened to see you suporting this thread. You have always seemed to be an eloquent advocate of the thief profession, and it's disappointing to see you giving ammunition to the "delete all thieves" players.

:sad4: