• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to send a global message in game

T_Jones

Journeyman
I am in Catskills and would like to ask a question in game. But I don't know just what to do, as I can't tell if I am yelling locally or messaging others globally. I am using the Enhanced Client.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you on endless journey? Then you are stuck in a help channel if not just join general chat and talk is there something you need on Cats?

T_Jones

Journeyman
Are you on endless journey? Then you are stuck in a help channel if not just join general chat and talk is there something you need on Cats?
I am trying to buy a castle if possible, with an affordable price. That's why I would like to have a price check, and to see if anyone has one for sale. :)

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is options that let you choose between general chat, help , etc…. Most ppl chat in general, if this is what you mean,,, can’t post pic for you as I’m at work,,,, it’s the same one that allows you to choose map, paperdoll, etc,,, again , if this is what you are talking about

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure how it would work in EC but in CC you would need to make sure your "menu bar" is enabled (under options) and once it is you would click "Chat" and select "General" which is your best chance at finding someone selling or with knowledge.

That said, there is no feature I am aware of that allows you to send a blast out to everyone in the game.

**Also at work so can't post pics** :oops:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That said, there is no feature I am aware of that allows you to send a blast out to everyone in the game.
It kinda is supposed to work that way but it doesn't....

Only if you have a person added can you communicate across shards.....

1678291363777.png
1678291399055.png

1678291536871.png

It really doesn't work though...but it would be nice if it did.

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also post in either uo trade or uo non rares forum, that you are interested in buying a castle..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah it's an odd system....like...if I have to target the person I want to add as a friend...they are on the same shard as me..so..why do I need global chat?

I guess it is supposed to work as an IM or something but *shrugs* I think they just need to take it out, it's silly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Global Chat works, its just weird and no one uses it. I use it as a notepad to remember things. It is neat because it is cross shard. I don't think the OP was asking about this. Sometimes it turns off so you just have to turn it back on when you log on. I logged in and turned it on and found 3 white icons meaning 3 players accounts are on.

It shows you who is online if they have theirs turned on.

He is probably asking about how to join a chat channel in EC.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa you dont even have any friends on it, How do you know if it works?

1678313552202.png

None of those are on because most are in my guild and not on there either. A few have not been on for years.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I added myself on another account, I can't even type...it opens a blank page and nothing happens.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I added myself on another account, I can't even type...it opens a blank page and nothing happens.
Works fine.

1678314585755.png

Nella sent Allen a Msg and he received it.

You have to press ' then spacebar after you click someone and turn them Yellow.

The usage is weird.

Allen Replies and you see who it is to and the message at the bottom of screen.
1678314924563.png

I can call myself names!

It saves the messages so you can see them. I write coordinates and stuff there so they dont go poof in the Journal. Both players see the whole conversation.

1678315090471.png

When you have a tiny brain, you have to compensate.

Last edited:

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
You hit the button that looks like a pudding pot on the bar with your skills, quests, backpack etc on it. That will open a up two windows. One that is a friends list and one that shows you what channel you are on. Pick General.

Then, as if you were going to type a message hit /c message. Notice it's /cSPACEmessage.

/c global
/s local
/y yell
/g guild
/a alliance

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You hit the button that looks like a pudding pot on the bar with your skills, quests, backpack etc on it. That will open a up two windows. One that is a friends list and one that shows you what channel you are on. Pick General.

Then, as if you were going to type a message hit /c message. Notice it's /cSPACEmessage.

/c global
/s local
/y yell
/g guild
/a alliance
Hmm. Anytime I start type anything with '/' it starts "Party".

For me starting with , starts gen chat and \ starts guild. No idea what starts alliance. I'm in CC though so not sure if maybe it's different because of that.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Shift + / is alliance chat

Nothing works for me either, I know Allen, user error....more then likely! But it just doesn't work for me.

I use a notebook and a pen :) lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Nothing works for me either, I know Allen, user error....more then likely! But it just doesn't work for me.

Now you are saying Alliance chat doesn't work? I guess those yellow messages I see that have alliance in front of them are my imagination.

Rumples

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I am in Catskills and would like to ask a question in game. But I don't know just what to do, as I can't tell if I am yelling locally or messaging others globally. I am using the Enhanced Client.
In EC go to the chat icon 1678370495113.png in your hot bar and make sure that you are in 'General'. This will message everyone that is on your shard. If you are using EC chat (not legacy chat) press enter, which will let you start typing and then press /c which will switch you over to the overall shard chat (General chat)

As mentioned above if you are using an Endless Journey account you will not be able to switch channels and are stuck in the 'Help' channel, which unfortunately, most people are not in.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You are correct, user error. The correct buttons are Shift \. Use the one under the backspace key.

You are making ? marks. Your guild also needs allies. Open Guild menu and click diplomacy to see if there are any.

@skett

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Now you are saying Alliance chat doesn't work? I guess those yellow messages I see that have alliance in front of them are my imagination.
No no, the whole global chat thing.

I can chat IN GAME no problem obviously, but the global chat thing is just meh :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No no, the whole global chat thing.

I can chat IN GAME no problem obviously, but the global chat thing is just meh :/
Yes having to press ' then space bar to bring it up is weird. Then you have a little scroll you have to hide. But it works.