• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to reforge overcap HML

I can't seem to find the info anywhere. How does one reforge overcapped HML? What runic do you use? Do the weapons need to be made with a specific ore? What options do you select?

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Craft weapons using a standard blacksmiths hammer and iron ore, then to reforge:

Copper Runic Hammer,
Powerful Re-forging, Grand Artifice + Inspired Artifice
Choose Name: Vampiric / of the Vampire

I saw that chart, but for HML, it gives a max of only 35 intensity for Powerful reforging. Am I not reading it correctly?
Craft weapons using a standard blacksmiths hammer and iron ore, then to reforge:

Copper Runic Hammer,
Powerful Re-forging, Grand Artifice + Inspired Artifice
Choose Name: Vampiric / of the Vampire
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I was doing Mystic/Of Vampire naming two mods, thinking that they both needed to roll HML.

maji111

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I saw that chart, but for HML, it gives a max of only 35 intensity for Powerful reforging. Am I not reading it correctly?

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I was doing Mystic/Of Vampire naming two mods, thinking that they both needed to roll HML.
There were certain changes made to reforging a while back. The exact details of which are still contested even now between crafters. Don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% sure, but, the figures quoted in that table seem to be from before the reforging changes. A thread on the crafting forum would probably provide more reliable information. As far as the weapons are concerned, if you are looking to overcap a mod such as HML/HLL or even Hit Area, you usually only specify the mod you are after because the game will split the intensity between two if you specify two, meaning that the end result is less likely to be the maximum intensity.

Always test it on TC first would be my advice.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
HML depends on weapon speed
35 points is max reforgeable value
25 points is max imbueable value
25 points = 50% on 2s weapon = 100% on 4s weapon = 50% on 4s ranged weapon

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1500gp?

You go here: Latest From Sosaria - Old Stratics
Then in the box 'Search this site' you type in 'Semmerset'
The custom google search I put on the site then returns:

Semmerset's Re-Forging Charts

Jul 24, 2012 ... These charts are the work of Semmerset. Figures in brackets [] are the cap, therefore often difficult to attain. Integrated metal/leather/wood chart.
uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item.../semmersets-re-forging-charts/

S'easy peasy!