• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to raise vet?

S

Stanuine

I just returned to UO for the first time since 2003 and am trying to complete the template of a tamer I have. I remember GMing by 8x8ing with polar bears . Obviously that doesn't work anymore. So do I have to rez pets or will the old way still bring me to GM? I'm currently stuck at 96.6 btw.

G

Oh, you just keep slapping bandages on your pet while you're hunting. You don't need to heal poison or rez pets. It'll eventually come around as long as there's enough room for the skill.

I

imported_Sarphus

vet gains really quickly. I gm'd it while training a pet.

J

JoyousGard

I just use the vet skill during epic pet battles. It gets slow around 90 or 95 or 100 or 105 or 110 or 115... but it keeps going up.

I think I am up at around 117 with normal game play. Normal game play includes curing poison and rezzing dead pets. I have not noticed gains being particularly good from these particular uses of vet, I think it is just using the skill a lot that gets the gains.