How to price stuff (or junk?)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
K

kennfusion

I am a returning player after several years away. I had enough gold in the bank to buy a house not too far from Luna, although out of the way of travelers I guess.

Regardless I spent some time in Despise yesterday trying to gear up (since most of my 5 year old items were woefully out of date compared to what drops in there) and was able to upgrade my archer quite a bit (plus a nice bow someone in Luna gave me helped a lot also).

So now I had all of this extra stuff from Despise and I got a vendor for my house, and then had no idea how to price any of it. Are there any guides to this? I have looked all around and don't see anything. I am guessing nothing in there is good for vet players, but other newer players like myself might find some reasonable items in there. I know on Baja I looked all around Luna and found like no vendors with low cost newer player items. But there should be some market for this, as I am potential market too.

What types of enchantments on item drops are more valuable? Life leech? Stamina Leech? Mana Leech? LRC? Luck? Slayer weapons? +stats?

I have all sorts of stuff, but no clue if any of it has any value at all.

thanks for your thoughts

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Denmark
With the introduction of the skill Imbuing crafters can make whatever items fit their specific needs.
So the best use for your looted items is to "unravel" them so they are made into mats for imbuing.
Those mats should be sellable... items from monster drops rarely are.

Great you returned! Maybe I should too soon :)

S

Sevin0oo0

So the best use for your looted items is to "unravel" them so they are made into mats for imbuing.
/This

dark wisps, (paragon) titans, ogre lords,etc, it's rare that I'd keep anything anymore; just not worth the trouble - unravel ftw (good for imbue gains too, I'm almost at GM and have never even made anything)

K

kennfusion

Cool. I started to read about Imbuing and Unraveling, but have not quite figured that out yet.

Yesterday I tried to figure out plants, and have 10 starting to grow in my house now.

What does sell well? I have a 65 Alchemist 60 Inscription and a 78 Blacksmith. Do they make anything people buy?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
Cool. I started to read about Imbuing and Unraveling, but have not quite figured that out yet.

Yesterday I tried to figure out plants, and have 10 starting to grow in my house now.

What does sell well? I have a 65 Alchemist 60 Inscription and a 78 Blacksmith. Do they make anything people buy?

Kegs of potions, Greater Str, Greater Agility, Total Refresh, Greater Cure.. I'm not sure which of those you can make at that level but you could sell a few of them.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Europa/Siege Perilous
Get your Inscription up a little so you can make Gate Travel scrolls. Those are needed nowadays to re-charge teleporter tiles that people have to travel between houses.

Welcome back!

L

LoL/Sonoma

Potions do well, depending on the level of PvP on your shard (which is?). =)

Also, i've found that many low level items do sell VERY well in Luna, as most people concentrate only on high cost/high value items. Full spellbooks, recall scrolls (sell like mad), runebooks, Powder of Fort (BOD reward), runic hammers (some anyway... also BOD rewards), etc all sell fairly well. Materials always sell well in my experience as well (Ingots, boards, regs {kind of}, leather, etc).

I would recommend befriending someone in Luna and getting a vendor spot there if possible.

Of course all of this is pretty shard dependant ...

-LoL

K

kennfusion

Thanks for all of the responses.

I am on Baja if that makes any difference.

I will read up on all of the suggestions you made and figure out how to make them.

Once I skill up some and build up some stock, I will see about moving my vendor from my house to Luna. I am really close to Luna, just east around the corner of a magic gate that says something about Horus when I try to walk though it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
/This

dark wisps, (paragon) titans, ogre lords,etc, it's rare that I'd keep anything anymore; just not worth the trouble - unravel ftw (good for imbue gains too, I'm almost at GM and have never even made anything)

Well, personally, I see it as convenient to keep imbuable items which spawn with 100% intensity modifiers.

For example, a ring that has 15 points of a given skill and no other mods or mods that would fit with that skill if imbued.

Why ? Because it saves up Imbuing reagents. In the example of a ring with 15 skill points of a given skill, that will save the imbuer 10 Crystalline Blackrock when that ring will be imbued....

By the way, when imbuing, it is advisable to also collect Blacksmithying Bulk Order Deeds as imbuing uses a LOT of Powder of Fortification...........

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2000
Thanks for all of the responses.

I am on Baja if that makes any difference.

I will read up on all of the suggestions you made and figure out how to make them.

Once I skill up some and build up some stock, I will see about moving my vendor from my house to Luna. I am really close to Luna, just east around the corner of a magic gate that says something about Horus when I try to walk though it.
Then you are still very close to Luna. :) As a saying goes build it and they will come. Drop runes off by banks or moongates a lot so that those whom may be interested in whatever you may be selling will find your place and use the rune. If your prices are ok even better.

I have homes on two shards and have had houses in middle of nowhere at times and STILL people came. Why ? Because I may provide the basics that folks may need, or my pricings will be less than over inflated prices for same things in Luna Malls.

I had someone msg. me on my Brit Moongate area home on Chesapeake just the other day thanking me to no end, for their finding a SIMPLE BULLETIN BOARD in assorted wood hues for a reasonable price !! :) He said he was all over the shard either vendors were sold out, or never carried the item, or wanted 3k for as stupid simple bulletin board. Mine were 350gp he was THRILLED. He said he will BE BACK and buy other items. My recall scrolls sell all the time which even I do not fathom cuz on Chesapeake they CAN buy em from the npc in 500 lots for 42 gp...yet mine sell out at 60 gp on my vendor DAILY.

Gates also sell due to needin em to recharge the one house teleporter tile needing recharging off of gate scrolls. Gates sell out for me on 2 shards Ches. and Siege, can barely keep up with sales of gate scrolls on Siege. Luckily newcomers are learning to scribe :) so we will finally be getting more sellin gate scrolls on Siege..besides a few of us.

So you do not have to compete or be in LUNA, nor charge a zillion gp for stuff when yes the newer or poorer or *returned to game* broke more than most are looking for some NORMALCY in shops somewhere. :) All your shop needs to do rather than try to compete with billionares, is to be UNIQUE offering whatever at reasonable prices or offering that which the billionares forget that *regular* folks DO NEED, and you will do just fine !

Good Luck & welcome back ! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2000
PS. Don't forget to check your new plants daily water em and you can start makin Greater Poison, Greater Cure for your plants when they get bugs and parasites. :) Lil Greater Strength, Greater Heals too, for when the plants may become wimpy after their *illness* ! :)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps:"Well, personally, I see it as convenient to keep imbuable items which spawn with 100% intensity modifiers. For example, a ring that has 15 points of a given skill and no other mods or mods that would fit with that skill if imbued.
Why ? Because it saves up Imbuing reagents. In the example of a ring with 15 skill points of a given skill, that will save the imbuer 10 Crystalline Blackrock when that ring will be imbued...."

Actually for me, it's just the opposite, Popps. Inexpensive Imbuing is all in the order in which you Imbue mods. ALWAYS make your first or second mod the one that requires Relic Frags - if you add later then there is a chance of failure and losing the very expensive Relic Frag. I always have my Tinker make exceptional Rings/bracelets thne add the 5 mods...

*** for the OP*** Start a Garg char with 50 Imbue and 50 Magery (for recalling to TerMur forge and Queens Forge. At 50.1 skill you can unravel both magic residue and enchanted essense. Either sell these in stacks of 100 or keep them for training Imbuing.

Also - one of the biggest sellers on any shard - and takes no skill at all - CRABBING:) The bottom may have dropped out by now, though...

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
collect starter items. (blanks)
blank 1/2s 1/3s 0/3s
leather armour with mr +2 (requires 10 seeds that are pain to get)
weapons with scnp or +20 mage and such

only other thing to collect is if it will unravel to relic. otherwise dump it.

Lorddog

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Actually for me, it's just the opposite, Popps. Inexpensive Imbuing is all in the order in which you Imbue mods. ALWAYS make your first or second mod the one that requires Relic Frags - if you add later then there is a chance of failure and losing the very expensive Relic Frag. I always have my Tinker make exceptional Rings/bracelets thne add the 5 mods...
15 skill requires 10 crystalline blackrock. If you're acquiring this from cavern of discarded or mining in ter mur you probably won't mind, but if you're buying the blackrock from another player it may be more expensive than relic frags on your shard. A 15 skill ring/bracelet with no other mods can therefore save a player money when used as a starter item.

Also, you don't need exceptional ring/bracelets. All rings and bracelets can have up to 500 intensity.

To the OP, you can get a lot of Faster Casting 1 rings/bracelets off low end spawn. These will likely sell well to other players as imbuing that property requires 5 relics in addition to the gems and essence of achievement.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15 skill requires 10 crystalline blackrock. If you're acquiring this from cavern of discarded or mining in ter mur you probably won't mind, but if you're buying the blackrock from another player it may be more expensive than relic frags on your shard. A 15 skill ring/bracelet with no other mods can therefore save a player money when used as a starter item.

Also, you don't need exceptional ring/bracelets. All rings and bracelets can have up to 500 intensity.QUOTE]

It works for me, but prob not others. True, I am the Warden of the Abyss, so the Cavern is my playground - thus, no need to buy ingreds in Luna. But I still think it's cheaper to Imbue Relic Frag mods first. I could fail 5 times adding +15 as a 3rd or 4th mod, and all i lose are some cheap gems and and cheap essense or residue. If I fail 5X adding ssi,dci,hci,fc,lmc etc - i could lose from 5-25 very expensive Relic Frags.

I always make exceptional jewels because I like my name on the finished product - it's a wee bit of advertising :)

S

Sevin0oo0

100% intensity modifiers
a ring with 15 skill points of a given skill
true, and actually I do have 'kinda' a set of top end (or near) of jewelery I keep, just for my own toons use, someday.If I was better at imbuing, I could check items faster and know what to keep - I'm still a noob in that respect