• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how to prevent interruption?

V

vorius

How do I prevent my spells from getting interrupted?

It's really annoying especially at the Magincia event that I can't get a spell out. Meanwhile archers are running around doing alot more dmg and no worries about "firing interruptions" !

I think it used to be Wrestling helped preventing spell interrupts but I read recently that's not true anymore?

M

mbecker4

Cast protection and you won't get interupted. It does lower you physical resist and I think decreases you casting by 1 but when it comes to the invasion, with so many things targeting you, its nice to be able to cast your spell.

G

Wrestling decreases your chances of being hit, thus reducing the chance you get interrupted. However, to prevent interruption altogether (even if hit) you need to cast protection. This lowers your physical resist by 15%, your resisting spells skill by 35 (30 if you have GM inscription), and sets your faster casting to -2 (this can be countered by wearing FC items, but you will be capped at 0 not 2).

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Wrestling decreases your chances of being hit, thus reducing the chance you get interrupted. However, to prevent interruption altogether (even if hit) you need to cast protection. This lowers your physical resist by 15%, your resisting spells skill by 35 (30 if you have GM inscription), and sets your faster casting to -2 (this can be countered by wearing FC items, but you will be capped at 0 not 2).

[/ QUOTE ]Actually it lowers your Faster Casting to 0. It wont go negative.

G

Ah, I always thought it was -2 off your current FC, ie 2 to 0, or 0 to -2. Didn't realise it had a minimum of 0.

I

imported_GFY

Cast protection to prevent being interrupted. Cast reactive armor to boost your phy resist back to 70.

Another side effect of protection that isn't mentioned too much is that it lowers your Resist Spell.

If your fighting a mage that goesn't run protection cast a bunch of small spells to interrupt their casting.

If your fighting a mage that has protection on, cast paralyze. With his lowered Resist Spell you could be able to explosion/paralyze him to death!

I

imported_mr.blackmage

Neither of those things listed will work. Forget protection for PvP unless you are casting EQ's with your guild. With 0 FC, casting "small spells" is not going to interrupt a good mage if he knows what he is doing, and being poisoned every single time you try to heal will get you killed pretty quick. And explode/para will never work anymore, since you cannot para someone that is already frozen... so simply holding down a spell key will prevent the para from landing.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"so simply holding down a spell key will prevent the para from landing."

I am not sure what you are referring too here. Are you talking about overcasting or if I hold down a key (say a mini heal) I would never get paralyzed? Could you go into more detail?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

yes, hold down the mini heal and it will be "target is already frozen" when they go to para. Although chiv spells/ss work better as there is no overcasting. I'd actually recommend a longer casting spell. Personally I just chain magic arrow myself if it's a few people on me trying to para. The frozen message will get them half the time, and the other half I'll let the arrow hit to unpara me.