• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to mine up a shadow elemental without wasting time

• Thread starter imported_revenant2
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_revenant2

If anything's wrong with this, feel free to correct it.

Stuff needed:

(1) A miner with decent mining skill
(2) regular shovel
(3) prospector's tool
(4) gargoyle pickaxe

The exact steps are:

1. Hit the mine floor/mountain with the regular shovel.
2. If the resulting ore is regular ore, continue to step 3. If the resulting ore is dull copper, skip to step 4. If the resulting ore is any other ore (shadow and higher), move about 8 tiles to try again in a different spot.
3. Hit the mine floor/mountain with the prospector's tool. The tool should indicate that dull copper can be mined there.
4. Dig the surface with the gargoyle pickaxe. It should be mining up shadow ore for you, and hopefully soon, a shadow elemental will pop.

An explanation is:

Both the prospector's tool and the gargoyle pickaxe cause the 'level' of the ore mined to increase by 1 (the lowest being regular ore, the highest being valorite).

The aim is to be digging on ground which, with a gargoyle pickaxe, will result in shadow ore being mined. This happens in 2 ways. The surface has to be naturally producing regular ore and then be boosted up 2 levels of ore by stacking the effects of a prospector's tool and the gargoyle pickaxe, or, the surface has to be naturally producing dull copper and then be boosted up 1 level with the gargoyle pickaxe.

This description could be incomplete - - I don't have a miner and could be missing something. In any case, this process works and should be helpful to people trying to dig shadow elementals.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

They also spawn in the Yomotsu mines in Tokuno and are frequently dragged to the front.

G

the digging is safer for new or returing players .. because the mines are full of other baddies ... and some of them are vicious ... I am a vet player and I dont go in there *shivers* I dig on the outskirts some where ... where theres no spawn or spawn I can easily kill.

G

I am thinking that your are right. you would want to promote up iron to dull copperwith a prospector tool and then to shadow using the gargoyle's pickaxe. Having a good archer with an earth elemental/elemental slayer bow is the best way to kill the ore elementals. Watch out for any blackrock ones as they will spawn sometimes.

G

Blackrock eles have been turned off, but we do not yet know if this is permanent or not.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why would you want to dig up a shadow ele on purpose?

S

Sarnow

Most people use them for Pet Training since pets won't damage them but can still get gains, kinda like the golem trick for players. You do have to heal the pet so Vet gains are also in the mix.

J

joblackjon

And you can train as many pets/chars on a single Shadow El as you want. Once 3 of us pulled up a Shadow El. I tanked the El with a new Cu (Cu heals itself) and then put a Kit on it. One buddy brought a Rune and a Mare. The other guy had his char firghting it. Fantastic gains and not too boring with us shooting the breeze.

By the way your description of the Shadow El process was right on. But you can make it faster. Have 2, 3 or 4 Garg pickaxes in your pack. This way you don't have to wait for the first pickaxe to finish its cycle before starting again. I used to do 4 pickaxes just as the first one finished.