• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to make a Goza?

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

in short.How to make a Goza?
I have visit your nice forum and have read alot abou Gozaz ,seems they are the cure of all deco problems.

I think I could solve a few issues at my place with Gozas.
But I cant find how to make them.
:blushing:

I have checked all crafting skills but I still cant find them in any menu.

Please help me.

Edit :I have now fiddled abit and have found the following.

At first it didnt work to use the small walls chosen from customize menu.
Now I have found that you need to raise Goza a total of 3 times.
Total numbers of raising Gozas is 5,but if you do that you can not place a vendor there.I raised 4 times and put a vendor there.

You can raise Goza one more time after you have placed vendor.

The good thing with thjis is that Goza is perfectly centered on the small blocks if you raise Goza 5 times..

Hopefully this made some sense to some of you brave deco experts.
And maybe some help to the newbies like me.

Regards
The Scandinavian

W

wee papa smurf

Hi there,

If u get a sewing kit and go into the miscellaneous menu its on the 2nd page, the colour of the cloth you are using determines the colour of the gozza you create, also you must dye the cloth first before you create the gozza because they cant be dyed after you make it im sure :thumbsup:

*Edit*

And you also have to have the Samurai Empire expansion :)

F

feath

i usually use 'square goza east' - you need the 1 square short one, to be able to raise and lower them. if you get the one with the two square goza, it just sticks to the floor.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think they take *too* much tailoring skill to make, I seem to remember starting a character on europa with 50 tailoring so I could make my q bert house there, and I maybe trained them up a bit but it wasn't too time consuming.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tailor on Europa, dye some cloth the colour you want and just tell me how many you want made from it.

icq 102280987. 25yds cloth per goza.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my,

I think I have had a temporary blind disease.

Thank you all for your answers.
I do have a leg tailor and I have klicked all menus...

After a fast check I see that there are alot of different Gozas.
If I want to use it in creative ways I need to use the square Goza,right?

Regards
The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha,

ofcourse that was horrible wrong.

You have any deco with Gozas for dummies thread anywhere?

I believe its safe to say that Im a smith at heart not a tailor.

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

feath

bound to be one somewhere ;)

basic;
make square goza.
double click it in your pack. target where you want it.
use deco tool, raise and lower to your preference
place item on top of raised goza, and lock it down.
axe the goza, it pops back into your backpack as a deed, for using again...and again....

have fun! :D

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Im trying to put my vendors of a kind of pidestal.
Im using ordinary small stone block and then my idea was to make stairs of Gozas to get on top of that small building of the small blocks...

Didnt work.

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

feath

depends on how high the pedestal is.
if it gets too high, it requires figgling with - see a sticky thread on it somewhere. other people are better at that than me, and can perhaps direct you,

if it's just a step or 5, lay your gozas out... raise the one closest to the pedestal until it's even with the pedestal. the one behind that, 1 deco tool click lower than the highest goza. and so on, until the last goza is flat on the ground.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can raise the goza two clicks with the deco tool and still walk up on it, so you can raise the first one two clicks, the second one four clicks and so on... saves some space

also, something I just found out the other day (by accident, of course, aren't most discoveries by accident? :D ) you don't really need to select a direction for the square goza at all, the darned things will turn with the deco tool!

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have made stairs with Gozas to get to the pedestal.

It seems that its not allowed to get on top of the pedestal.

I want to get up to the pedestal that actually is a small block from customize menu.I want to put a vendor on it.

Regards
The Scandinavian

F

feath

It seems that its not allowed to get on top of the pedestal.

I want to get up to the pedestal that actually is a small block from customize menu.I want to put a vendor on it.
1, maybe the game considers the block to be a wall, so you cant walk on it. or
2, maybe the block isn't wide enough, and the games thinks you cant walk there. try putting 2 blocks there, and see if you can get up, or
3, run the goza's along the edge of the block for footing, or
4, use a rubble block instead, and see if that works,

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yupp,

I believe you are right.Block is probably considered as a wall.

I have a big pile of rubble so I will try with that ,even if the coulour wont be right that way.

Thank you.

Regards
The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

rubble are also considered as a wall.

But I have however a new idea of how to solve it.

Stay tuned !

:lol:

But first we will celebrate Elvins third birthday.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
silly idea, and I've not tried it, but could you make a pedestal with thrones etc, top it with a goza and put the vendor on top of that? If you can stand on it, so can a vendor?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off, Happy Birthday to Elvin!

second... did you try raising the goza nearest the block a bit higher than the block rather than level with it? then you could maybe drop down onto the block?

actually, if you could, maybe we could get a better handle on this with a screenshot of what you're working on

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy solution would be to make a "block" out of goza mats as your pedestal. Also keep in mind that if you are doing this under any kind of ceiling you can only walk so high up before you hit your head and can't go any higher. The limit is raising a goza 4 times up, if you go up 5 you can't step on it.

If you want it higher and are inside a house, you'll have to get rid of the ceiling tiles above the higher area.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fast update between meales.

I tried to raise Gozas more and when I put it two steps above block and used more Gozas for the stairs it worked.
Tjoohoo.
I was lazy and only used two Gozas before the raised one above block before.

I tried with rubble blocks but I do believe it will work with blocks from customize menu too.

Sarsmi,yes I guess it will work with Gozas but that in someway makes the result more ugly.

Now I need to find something that fits perfect between tall walls.
I cant use small blocks they remove the high walls or leave a tiny hole between high wall and front of the pedestal.

I have tried benches for a quick test but they are not long enough to fit in the gap between high walls.

Im sorry but Im terrible at making pics and I do understand if you have no clue what Im talking about.

Regards
The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I put my summary here as well if you didnt notice it in first post.

At first it didnt work to use the small walls chosen from customize menu.
Now I have found that you need to raise Goza a total of 3 times.
Total numbers of raising Gozas is 5,but if you do that you can not place a vendor there.I raised 4 times and put a vendor there.

You can raise Goza one more time after you have placed vendor.

The good thing with thjis is that Goza is perfectly centered on the small blocks if you raise Goza 5 times..

Hopefully this made some sense to some of you brave deco experts.
And maybe some help to the newbies like me.

Regards
The Scandinavian