• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to keep laff in the CJ

F

Flippers

The cog round is over and the cannon round is over.

Now comes the big challenge: getting as many hits in before the cogs can take down your laff 5pts at a time.

It hasnt been that way for me for a long time, and it doesnt have to be that way for you either. What I do is not super special at all. It's just that some revelations have made the battle extremely easy and more worth while.

A more detailed article has been drafted for TT Stratics, but for the immediate, please keep the following in mind, especially if you're at the scale:

1 - The cogs throw at the same time. There is no exception.

2 - When any of them throw, jump to anticipate evidence skidded your way regardless. The timing of the jump you'll get the hang of quickly if you watch for it (and because of point 1, you actually do have more time to plan things out than you may have anticipated)

3 - Never throw from an angle where you cannot view at least part of the cog line. You need to monitor as per point 1.

4 - hop to and from the witness stand. Dont run.

5 - Dont be overconfident if the cogs are all stunned. Sometimes people desert their stunning post to throw at (and often miss because they're too close to) the scale. Expect cogs to skid evidence at that time thanks to these errant stunners. Once you become accustomed to jumping evidence, these and any stunners leaving cogs to get more evidence will become a nonissue.

You follow those simple steps, and you will rarely get below 100 laff - provided you dont stand in the path of a gavel of course.

More when the article is ready :)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a great idea for an article. I don't want to sound like I'm nit-picking but ...
1 - The cogs throw at the same time. There is no exception.
The exception is when the cog is stunned. ;)

The cogs always prepare to throw when the CJ says "You're all in contempt!"

It takes exactly two seconds for the evidence to be thrown. That means you have at least two seconds to prepare to jump/dodge it, depending on where you are standing. (so, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three)

It takes exactly four seconds for the CJ to jump after the sound/text warning. If you are running for evidence, you can continue to run, and jump at the right time while running. I can't tell you how many toons I've seen freeze like a deer in headlights when the buzzer rings and not move again til the CJ has jumped.

The cogs throw in the direction they are facing. So, if you can see the whole line, you can tell which is aiming at you (unless you are standing in the line of the scale).

Some have questioned the need for stunners, and I still justify 2-3 stunners (enough to keep the bonuses coming). This keeps the +10s rolling, which normally can keep even the most gavel-proned toon at a comfortable level. I think the 2-3 less toons scaling is a good investment, as opposed to having "toon up breaks" and wasted unites.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

This was very VERY informative. Since last night was my first CJ I got smacked by his first jump. But then after I did the deer in the headlights thing. I did figure out the jump the notices part but I gotta work on my timing.

Thanks for posting this. I will cherish it as The Holy Grail of CJ. For me at least.

S

susan4633

Some have questioned the need for stunners, and I still justify 2-3 stunners (enough to keep the bonuses coming). This keeps the +10s rolling, which normally can keep even the most gavel-proned toon at a comfortable level. I think the 2-3 less toons scaling is a good investment, as opposed to having "toon up breaks" and wasted unites.
lol. that was me last night. i like to think i do a fairly good job at avoiding the gavels but last night i got hit by 4 of them.at -20 a pop, i went from 122 down pretty quickly. add to that the hits from the lawyers and i spent the last half of the cj scaling battle in the 40s. thanks to the expert stunning i benefitted greatly from the +10s...without which i would have had to ask for a pie fest or a unite since i WOULD have gone :(

G

Granjell

What awesome information! You guys continue to rock!!

F

Fangs McWolf

I have 1 simple rule for not losing laff in the CJ while stunning/scaling.

* Don't get hit (not from evidence, being smushed, touching cogs, CJ jumping, etc).

It's very effective. :thumbup1:

F

Flippers

Thanks for the points Trish... to clarify:

The cogs who throw, throw at the same time.

You may notice at times the cogs who clear from stunning are looking around sometimes because they are waiting for the time to throw with the others.

The cogs always prepare to throw when the CJ says "You're all in contempt!"
To be clarified in the article :)

It takes exactly two seconds for the evidence to be thrown. That means you have at least two seconds to prepare to jump/dodge it, depending on where you are standing. (so, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three)
Your mileage may vary according to your computer. When I got my new one I had to adjust the timing.

It takes exactly four seconds for the CJ to jump after the sound/text warning.
Most say three and three's worked for me when I've tried it. Again proof that your mileage may vary. HOWEVER when you take into account the cogs then it's another matter. When to jump during his is important and will be brought up in the article. It does make a difference where in this jump you jump yourself to avoid both the CJ and the cogs. I just dont want to spring EVERYTHING on everyone here. Just enough pointers to get started and gain some confidence. Finesse comes later ;)

The cogs throw in the direction they are facing. So, if you can see the whole line, you can tell which is aiming at you (unless you are standing in the line of the scale).
There's almost always a blind spot. Never hurts to jump. Always hurts to get hit. In laff, time, and position.

I dont need stunners. Personally I dont enjoy games with less gavels and more stunners. Put me with the tough runs and I'm happy. There's just no challenge for me otherwise. I dont mind up to 2-3 stunners because they keep the other scalers alive LOL.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont need stunners. Personally I dont enjoy games with less gavels and more stunners. Put me with the tough runs and I'm happy. There's just no challenge for me otherwise. I dont mind up to 2-3 stunners because they keep the other scalers alive LOL.
I don't need stunners either, and agree with you. But I thought this was a guide for the average CJer