• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to Honor as a Tamer...

• Thread starter Fingers of Cats
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
F

Fingers of Cats

Alrighty... how do you gain honor as a Tamer?

My template is:

Lore
Taming
Vet

Music
Disco
Peace

Magery

How can I gain honor if the opponent hits me first and I am not allowed to use pets!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm this might not be the right thing to say but.....

Here is how you gain honor fast while farming for perfect greater dragon. Go to Wind and move the other spawns out to the long tunnel except for the greater dragon spawn.

Once you have that set up, you can just honor the greater and get it guard wacked. Lore the dragons first incase it is a good one. The whole process is pretty fast once you have it set up.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm this might not be the right thing to say but.....

Here is how you gain honor fast while farming for perfect greater dragon. Go to Wind and move the other spawns out to the long tunnel except for the greater dragon spawn.

Once you have that set up, you can just honor the greater and get it guard wacked. Lore the dragons first incase it is a good one. The whole process is pretty fast once you have it set up.
I did not get any honor trying to do that before (this was a few weeks ago, I got curious while loring and whacking).

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm you should be getting honor all the way until 1 bubble away from knight of honor.

F

Fingers of Cats

So that means that you have to get attacked by the Dragon first eh!?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have stealth/hiding and lore and herding on that character so I just herd them to the GZ and get them whacked. Maybe it's cause they never attack me I can't get any honor from them?

F

Fingers of Cats

On the "how to honor" section given by uo... it says they have to attack you first and pets can't be used...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I was getting honor from pets up till the sa expansion(have not tried sense) I have 1 macro that honors foe then says all kill ! I did notice if tried to piece first though i would not get any!

F

Fingers of Cats

Let me know if you still get honor Storm... I too will have to check it out... I have a macro set for honoring... but there is nothing that replies to me saying that the target is honored or whatnot...

D

Drazasamus

i came back when SA came out, they don't have to hit you first, but you get less honor if they don't. you can use pets, but you get less honor if you do.

U

uoBuoY

"You then must defeat your opponent in an honorable fashion.

Honorable combat is defined as:

* Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
* Engaging in one-on-one combat.
* Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
* Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
* Avoiding the use of poison.

To engage an opponent in honorable combat, your opponent:

* Must be one that you can perform negative actions upon.
* Must be at full health.
* Must not already be honored by a nearby player.
* Must be close to you, in your line-of-sight, and have a clear path to you.

The amount of Honor you gain from defeating your opponent is determined by how closely you followed the above guidelines for honorable combat, as well as your opponent’s level of fame."

Tamers have more difficulty gaining Honor because they use pets.

I run up to a monster and quickly position my pet between me and monster. Tell pet not to attack. Honor monster. Monster attacks first.

F

Fingers of Cats

uoBuoy do you let it hit you first, cause the stuff I attack, if it hits me, it's a one hit death deal :/

U

uoBuoY

uoBuoy do you let it hit you first, cause the stuff I attack, if it hits me, it's a one hit death deal :/
Most of the time the monster will attack my pet first because the pet is between me and the monster.

If you attack first you will staill gain Honor, just a little bit slower.

F

Fingers of Cats

sorry uoBuoy... I put my sentence together wrong...

It says that the target must hit you first... if I let some of these creatures hit me first.... it's a one shot deal and I'm dead :p

so let me rephrase my question:

Do you have your target hit you first or pet (and if its your pet you just take less honor for it!)

M

maroite

sorry uoBuoy... I put my sentence together wrong...

It says that the target must hit you first... if I let some of these creatures hit me first.... it's a one shot deal and I'm dead :p

so let me rephrase my question:

Do you have your target hit you first or pet (and if its your pet you just take less honor for it!)
You dont have to be hit first. Being hit first just means you will get MORE honor than if you don't get hit first.

I just run up to GD's with my GD out. Honor them and then tell it to all kill and try not to move from the spot where I honored from.

I gain honor still, but seldom use it. Huh... I need to try this wind guard whacking trick. :d lol Although it makes me wish my stealth herder had lore... -.- lol

J

[JD]

Ok this is ********. I used Succubi to get 10 bubbles of Honor and it said I had gained a path in honor. Then I killed like 2 more and it reset my bubbles to none and said I had barely progressed on the path!

I guess there's an overflow situation happening where if it goes too high it resets. So be careful with honor. Now I have to do it all again.

BTW If you want easy honor spend 90 min in the dojo on lvl 2 in the big room with one ronin.

Lure ronin away.

Run up to succubi, invis. Honor it. run away, EV 2x. Keep Eving til its dead. Wash rinse repeat. 90 min later 10 bubbles of honor.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is ********. I used Succubi to get 10 bubbles of Honor and it said I had gained a path in honor. Then I killed like 2 more and it reset my bubbles to none and said I had barely progressed on the path!
Sure you didn't hit a new path and that you just haven't gotten any bubbles on that path?

What title do you have when you mouseover Honor in the Virtue Gump?

J

[JD]

Sure you didn't hit a new path and that you just haven't gotten any bubbles on that path?

What title do you have when you mouseover Honor in the Virtue Gump?
Hi Largan,

When I mouseover in the virtue gump (the 8 circles of virtues surrounding the center one) nothing pops up. Maybe it's a client setting issue.

I'm not sure I understand paths - is there more than one within one virtue?

How much honor and how many paths must one have to use Honor the way we'd like to for a tamer - to have aggressive monsters not attack while we spam tame?

Thanks

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Largan,

When I mouseover in the virtue gump (the 8 circles of virtues surrounding the center one) nothing pops up. Maybe it's a client setting issue.

I'm not sure I understand paths - is there more than one within one virtue?

How much honor and how many paths must one have to use Honor the way we'd like to for a tamer - to have aggressive monsters not attack while we spam tame?

Thanks
Ah, when I mouseover Honor in the Virtue gump I see a title. I am currently Follower of Honor. I believe the first one is Seeker of Honor.

When I got the new title or leveled up all the bubbles turned red again. Since I just started on the new step. I do believe the message you get when you level up is that you have reached a new/higher path and that resets the bubbles.

I think you will have some use for it rather quickly but it's a matter of honoring self and start taming. Don't know how long monsters will avoid hitting you at what level. Perhaps someone else know's that better than me.

J

[JD]

Ok I did a bit more re-reading now that you mentioned that might be the intended way it works and it says there are 3 levels/paths to each virtue. So I've completed two honor paths so far. The second was much slower for sure.

I did some invis/uninvis tests to see how long it takes mobs to aggro. When uninvising it takes 4 seconds for a mob to aggro.

I tried targeting myself and using honor. It seemed to take 10, maybe 11ish seconds before the mob aggrod. I Can't be certain because the reset timer is 5 minutes and need to try it several times to be sure.

It asked me if I wanted to "use honor points". I can't tell where my supply of these are. Are honor points something I'll have to replenish? Will I always have to hunt for honor?

Thanks

F

Fingers of Cats

I'm not too sure myself... still trying to figure some of this out myself. I just put the tamer on hold for a bit so...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honor does require upkeep to ensure you have it there when taming. But you can cut out (or even all) of that work by taming without it when you can. I don't use honor with my tamers, but if I did, I'd leave it for those special pets or crazy spawns where it's necessary. Then the upkeep would be minimal but it'd be there if I really needed it.

Couple honor taming up with basic lead taming where possible and you should be good to go. Honor taming every single pet however is going to be costly in time if you're doing a lot of taming.

Wenchy

J

[JD]

How do you pull up Virtue info in the Enhanced Client? o_O
Paz, its an icon on your hotbar. Paperdoll, journal, virtue, map, menu settings, etc.

How long should honor work for at lvl 3? And is the re use timer always 5 minutes?

U

uoBuoY

I tried targeting myself and using honor. It seemed to take 10, maybe 11ish seconds before the mob aggrod. I Can't be certain because the reset timer is 5 minutes and need to try it several times to be sure.

It asked me if I wanted to "use honor points". I can't tell where my supply of these are. Are honor points something I'll have to replenish? Will I always have to hunt for honor?
Thanks
Each time you Honor yourself you lose one of your Honor dots. Use sparingly!

Consider having Peace available to your Tamer. It makes Taming a lot safer and easier on most creatures but you will be called a woose on these boards!

S

Scarab

Each time you Honor yourself you lose one of your Honor dots. Use sparingly!

Consider having Peace available to your Tamer. It makes Taming a lot safer and easier on most creatures but you will be called a woose on these boards!
you lose a lot more than one dot

also: peace is pretty useless if you're talking about taming GD's, which is pretty much the only time that honor is called for anyway

J

[JD]

I tried the wind GD Guardwhack method to keep getting new ones to pop and lore. Worked likea charm. Really not sure how you're supposed to get honor out of that though as one commentor suggested.

Does anyone know how long honor lasts at its various path levels? im path 2 atm

S

Scarab

I tried the wind GD Guardwhack method to keep getting new ones to pop and lore. Worked likea charm. Really not sure how you're supposed to get honor out of that though as one commentor suggested.

Does anyone know how long honor lasts at its various path levels? im path 2 atm
I've never timed it, and neither Stratics nor UO Guide have any definitive times. if I had to guess, maybe two minutes on lvl 2 and 5 on lvl 3. in my experience, lvl 3 gives you more than enough time to do what you need, taming-wise. at lvl 2 you might need to make a few attempts before you can succsessfully tame a GD. just be ready to run as soon as your honor expires, or you will too

U

uoBuoY

you lose a lot more than one dot

also: peace is pretty useless if you're talking about taming GD's, which is pretty much the only time that honor is called for anyway
I work Honor up to 2.6 and never lost more than one dot at a time when using it.

Reread my post where I said: "...It makes Taming a lot safer and easier on most creatures..."