• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] How to hit a llama

T_Jones

Journeyman
New to throwing. I started with a mythic char token. With the following skills and stats, I can't even hit a Llama. Is this normal? WTH.

Skills:
1679616707505.png

Stats:
1679616556607.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
New to throwing. I started with a mythic char token. With the following skills and stats, I can't even hit a Llama. Is this normal? WTH.

Skills:
View attachment 141721

Stats:
View attachment 141718
[Throwing] - THROWING TEMPLATE HELP NEEDED | Stratics Community Forums

Here is a thread that I created years ago when I was working on my first thrower and asked some questions on here. My final builds are posted up in there.

Also, if you're on Atlantic, I might have some 110 and 115 scrolls I could give you for free so you can start the path of getting your skills past 100.

Some feedback on your skill allotment...
- As already covered, get rid of your shield if you're a thrower. That second hand can be used for chugging potions. Honestly, I don't think you really need Parrying at all... you should be fighting from a distance so not sure that's going to be a good use of points for ya.
- Necromancy is a bit "meh" for throwers/archers if you're doing it for vamp form. You don't leach very much back to make it worth the skill points, in my opinion. Plus if you already have healing (bandages), bushido (confidence ability), chivalry (close wounds ability) and heal potions.... then you have LOTS of ways to stay alive.

- Hit Chance Increase is low... you really want to max that out. Along with raising throwing up to 120. Will make a huge difference in your success with this build as you are playing.

Good luck!

gwen

Slightly Crazed
don't forget that you are gargoyle and have some reagents on yourself to create healing stone. It makes blessed chewable stone which can save you sometimes . And also is useful after being resurrected in hazardous environment.
Try to play your toon and notice which skills you are not using (bushido, necro, chivalry) . remove useless one and replace with resists spells , otherwise any imp will paralyze you ) Resist spells is passive but works awesome reducing all debuffs.

T_Jones

Journeyman
[Throwing] - THROWING TEMPLATE HELP NEEDED | Stratics Community Forums

Here is a thread that I created years ago when I was working on my first thrower and asked some questions on here. My final builds are posted up in there.

Also, if you're on Atlantic, I might have some 110 and 115 scrolls I could give you for free so you can start the path of getting your skills past 100.

Some feedback on your skill allotment...
- As already covered, get rid of your shield if you're a thrower. That second hand can be used for chugging potions. Honestly, I don't think you really need Parrying at all... you should be fighting from a distance so not sure that's going to be a good use of points for ya.
- Necromancy is a bit "meh" for throwers/archers if you're doing it for vamp form. You don't leach very much back to make it worth the skill points, in my opinion. Plus if you already have healing (bandages), bushido (confidence ability), chivalry (close wounds ability) and heal potions.... then you have LOTS of ways to stay alive.

- Hit Chance Increase is low... you really want to max that out. Along with raising throwing up to 120. Will make a huge difference in your success with this build as you are playing.

Good luck!
I bookmarked the thread. Truly helpful. Thank so much, Merlin.
My toon is in Catskills. I already had the 120 scroll as the first char I built there was transferred from Atlantic.

T_Jones

Journeyman
don't forget that you are gargoyle and have some reagents on yourself to create healing stone. It makes blessed chewable stone which can save you sometimes . And also is useful after being resurrected in hazardous environment.
Try to play your toon and notice which skills you are not using (bushido, necro, chivalry) . remove useless one and replace with resists spells , otherwise any imp will paralyze you ) Resist spells is passive but works awesome reducing all debuffs.
Really good advices. Thanks, gwen.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Depends on the template you are going to use. Hypothetically there wouldn't be much disparity between 80 vs 90 Bushido as long as you have a total 300pts (in qualifying skills) for a reduction in special move mana consumption. Check out the link below to see what they are...key call out though is that anatomy is NOT part of those skills and neither is tactics. So if you are 120 Throwing you would need 80 Bushido to get to the 5 mana reduction level on a special move.

I believe skills on jewels will help go towards this 200-299 amount.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi Merlin, is there any significance between a 80 Bushido and 90, as it seems that you have raised it to 90 from the originally proposed 80?
The difference is that you can use the Bushido Mastery with atleast 90 real skill. I find the Bushido mastery to be super useful, as it protects casting Confidence from (most) interruptions. It's more power at GM and above, but even at 90, it might be worth it to use if you don't need the passive benefits from the Throwing mastery.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good call out @Merlin .

I use the passive warrior mastery for the +5 Str / 5 HCI / 5 Dmg Inc & (5DCI nice to have but not required) since getting everything you want maxed out on a stone suit (especially with lack of options for head/neck on a garg) can be a bit tricky.

Bushido will give +15 mana at level 3 along with confidence heals mostly uninterrupted.

Which one you use will depend on play style and what you can work on your suit.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Correct observation. Tactics is neither in that list nor the one on the other site.

Yes sorry - I meant to speak to the 200-299 skill level mana reduction; not the 300 point reduction (got my professions mixed up!). I have edited my previous response to reflect an accurate statement. You would still need 80 Bushido (with 120 throwing) to reach that first level of mana reduction.

T_Jones

Journeyman
It's relatively easy to raise throwing to 120. I used the Halawa's Hunter Bow with Edon Slayer, and quickly raised it to 120 from 90 (mythic token).

1680570582623.png

..and tamed a lot of dinosaurs. :grin:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
It's relatively easy to raise throwing to 120. I used the Halawa's Hunter Bow with Edon Slayer, and quickly raised it to 120 from 90 (mythic token).

View attachment 142098

..and tamed a lot of dinosaurs. :grin:
Throwing is not a skill that need mythic token.
Can raise it all way from 40 to 120 in underworld hitting slimes and then slugs with any throwing weapon.

T_Jones

Journeyman
Throwing is not a skill that need mythic token.
Can raise it all way from 40 to 120 in underworld hitting slimes and then slugs with any throwing weapon.
Thanks. Good to know that. I will try to roll another one in Atlantic using cheap gears. :grin: