• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how to get uo icon to start without asking admin question

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how to get uo icon to start without asking admin question?

i have a shortcut on my desktop and have set both run as admin checkboxes on it but it still askes if i want to run it. is there a way to stop this question without turning off UAC

lorddog

win 7 64bit

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only thing i found is an extra program to install that is a white-list for UAC to ignore on startup.

another suggestion was to install the game outside of program files (might have to be outside my documents too)

guess i will just suffer the prompt every time. :(

lorddog

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might work. Right click the client icon. Select Properties. Then go to compatibility tab. All the way down it says privilege level.
Check Run this program as administrator.Then press apply .

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how to get uo icon to start without asking admin question?

i have a shortcut on my desktop and have set both run as admin checkboxes on it but it still askes if i want to run it. is there a way to stop this question without turning off UAC

lorddog

win 7 64bit
yes

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI

if you set run as admin you will get popups if your UAC dicates you should get em.

alternative is disabling them. tho this doesnt work for enhanced client i think.

another alternative is reducing your UAC level, tho beware this is for everything.

uo runs fine without admin priviliges.. tho you might fail to patch assist and/or uo without it. in which case right clicking the icon and selecting "run as administrator" would solve it then.

but i dont run 2d as admin, only if patching fail. i do run 2d without desktop composition tho, (also an option in compability tab) makes your windows look like crap but solves flickering issues with 2d cursor.