• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get UO Automap to Track Players

D

Dragonia

OK, I've looked through a ton of UO Automap-related threads before posting here. I need help getting UO Automap to track my player.

I saw one thread mentioning UO Assist, but I've never run this and I'm VERY leery of letting another program launch UO for me and have to type me account name and password there. And, I don't want to buy the program license, either, because I really don't want it.

I very vaguely remember something that if you just have UO Assist installed, UO Automap will track your player in-game. Is that right?

If not, do I have to actually run UO Assist to get UO Automap to track?

Thanks to all for any help!!!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I believe you are correct. I don't mind using UO Assist myself, but the program worked in the past by just having UO Assist installed...even if I did not use it.

As long as you have your own account number for UO Assist, you should be okay. Other than that, there is no support for UO Map, which I am sure you knew about already.

If you have the program installed, then just click cancel instead of letting UO Map sync. Since, there is nothing for it to sync with.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than what I had mentioned, you might also want to check what faucet you are in, in terms of what the map is showing. The map should do it automatically, but sometimes I have had to manually adjust it myself. Eh...it just doesn't work the same since they offered support. Nonetheless, I have few problems with the program.