• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get SL cloak everytime!

S

slavoie

Ok, I am able to get a cloak everytime I fight a SL on Atlantic. Now my question is how do you do it.

I will post how I do it later today.

Basically I feel so guilty that I'm going to share.

*Answer posted below*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll make you a deal. Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

So far I'm 100% effective in getting cloaks on Catskills.

S

slavoie

I'll make you a deal. Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

So far I'm 100% effective in getting cloaks on Catskills.

Hahahah, that's not the point, it's to share with those that don't get one every time.

Just to clarify to all out there, this is a completly legit way to get them, I am just top damager each time. I know this cause I see 100 points of damage scrolling past the screen about every second that I am fighting the thing.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really like the look of these new cloaks. I just all kill w/my GD and mind blast it. I get a tot every time and I am happy with that.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll reveal it to the public:

There are some dorks who spam the Armageddon spell over the screen endlessly until the Shadowlord spawns. This way they will be the first to cast it and thus be among the top 3 attackers and receive their cloak. Unfortunately, the blackrock will be consumed only one time at exactly the moment the Shadowlord spawns. And unfortunately, the Shadowlord spawns always at the same place.

A certain group if "clever" players (and it's always the same people) can be found at every spawn and spam the spell so your screen is lagged and full of Words of Power. Which will ruin the event for everyone who behaves like a normal person.

I think everyone should know how it works. Maybe it will escalate so much that developers finally think of a solution.

I've said it a hundred times, and I'll repeat it a million times:

Static spawn and stupid monster AI encourages scripters, farmers, macroers, campers and all that scum that ruins the fun for the rest of the players. MAKE SPAWN MORE DYNAMIC AND MORE INTELLIGENT!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
everyone should have known about armageddon from last time, whoever doesnt do that doesn't deserve a cloak

N

Nestorius

What is this 'blackrock' that people speak of? My impression is this was an item that was only available for a few months last year through fighting some very rare challenging monsters? And these 'Shadowlords', what the heck are they doing? Is this connected to the Inu the Crone and Ricardo the Thief story arc? Did this ever make sense?

N

northwoodschopper

There are some dorks who spam the Armageddon spell over the screen endlessly until the Shadowlord spawns. This way they will be the first to cast it and thus be among the top 3 attackers and receive their cloak. Unfortunately, the blackrock will be consumed only one time at exactly the moment the Shadowlord spawns. And unfortunately, the Shadowlord spawns always at the same place.

A certain group if "clever" players (and it's always the same people) can be found at every spawn and spam the spell so your screen is lagged and full of Words of Power. Which will ruin the event for everyone who behaves like a normal person.

I think everyone should know how it works. Maybe it will escalate so much that developers finally think of a solution.

Static spawn and stupid monster AI encourages scripters, farmers, macroers, campers and all that scum that ruins the fun for the rest of the players. MAKE SPAWN MORE DYNAMIC AND MORE INTELLIGENT!
just curious, does this mean if you drop a piece of blackrock on the ground next to those that just script speak the words of power, would it cause them to blow up? or did they get rid of that functionality?

edit: dropping blackrock will work sometimes, i've blown up a number of them where they just end up spamming as a ghost instead.

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
everyone should have known about armageddon from last time, whoever doesnt do that doesn't deserve a cloak
do you listen to yourself or do the words just come out without thought
there are a lot of casual players that can benefit from the help of others
the fact that they dont know means we need to tell them so they can enjoy the events as well

S

solina2

Have you thought about that MAYBE NOT everyone who is playing now did not have the opportunity to play and learn about the Armageddon "the last time"?

:twak:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just curious, does this mean if you drop a piece of blackrock on the ground next to those that just script speak the words of power, would it cause them to blow up? or did they get rid of that functionality?

edit: dropping blackrock will work sometimes, i've blown up a number of them where they just end up spamming as a ghost instead.
You have to carry a piece of blackrock in your backpack and speak the Armageddon words of power when the Shadowlord appears. If you are the first to do that (and only then), the blackrock will be consumed and you will break the Shadowlord's shield, doing 1000 points of damage.

Details here...

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahahah, that's not the point, it's to share with those that don't get one every time.

Just to clarify to all out there, this is a completly legit way to get them, I am just top damager each time. I know this cause I see 100 points of damage scrolling past the screen about every second that I am fighting the thing.
curious about this though lol, obviously it isnt the blackrock deal there talking about! because thats a 1 shot deal, 100 points of dmg every second your fighting?...curious now lmao

C

Connor_Graham

This makes me glad that I got all the cloaks I could need (maybe..) in Moonglow last year, and hung onto them. Some people just can't help being asses, as it's part of their genetic makeup. They probably think what they're doing is the same thing everyone does, which makes it ok in their minds.

I've said it before.....self delusion is a wonderful thing.....:danceb:

C

Coppelia

What is this 'blackrock' that people speak of? My impression is this was an item that was only available for a few months last year through fighting some very rare challenging monsters? And these 'Shadowlords', what the heck are they doing? Is this connected to the Inu the Crone and Ricardo the Thief story arc? Did this ever make sense?
Small Blackrock Pieces are still dropping as Minor Artifacts from Tokuno monsters. Ironicaly, I got a piece of blackrock from a Shadowlord! :D

T

TheGrayGhost

Hate to admit it but I had to break down and start spamming armagedon myself. Went to the one in the waste and if the Armagedon spammers weren't enough the tiny room was filled with 20+ GD's :(, so I started spamming as well and it actually paid off oO. I got a cloak :). Sad that this is what I had to do in order to get one but w/e, I got lucky about a month ago someone was selling a box of 100+ blackrock for 7k and I bought it just in case and well it's already paid for itself and then some so I'm a happy camper lol.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This makes me glad that I got all the cloaks I could need (maybe..) in Moonglow last year, and hung onto them.
I kept all of mine from moonglow too :D

Lots of competition this time around, but it ain't going stop me! Though I do expect the competition to loosen up after a week or so.

Good news is, I'd finally gotten my mempo! Wheeee!

S

slavoie

No my friend you are completly wrong! The only times I have used blackrock was when I was the only person there that had it. I.e I have killed 9 SL's and got 9 cloaks and used blackrock 2 times.

Since the person at the top kinda hinted at it... "pack instinct"

To assure you get a cloak everytime, go to Haven buy 40 points of animal taming. Tame enough things to get another 5 points in taming. Put on +30 taming worth of jewelry and a Birds of Brit tally and go get yourself 5 Frenzied Ostards, make sure they have over 105 hits and voila. You will probally have to train them up a bit but that does not take long, a day or so should be fine.

My frenzied are all 107 hits or better, and 4x gm skills and I am hitting the SL for easy 100 hp per second of damage.

Now I would not recomend this on a SL solo, one GD at a min is required to keeps it's attention but in a group of people there is nothing better.

Frenzied Ostards = lost art of massive damage.

Basically this works on anything that you can hunt with a friend who has a GD, or if you have 120 music 120 peace like I do, and does not have massive area damage capabilities. Even so I regulary do Oaks with them and they almost never die, I even hunt ballies with them without problem. AW's and GD's no chance cause you can't peace reliablely, or swoop, and so on but you get the point.

Oh and one more thing Mr. Negative, the morning group that does it on ATL does not spam. We have all "for the most part" agreed not to. The night group is a different thing.

N

northwoodschopper

You have to carry a piece of blackrock in your backpack and speak the Armageddon words of power when the Shadowlord appears. If you are the first to do that (and only then), the blackrock will be consumed and you will break the Shadowlord's shield, doing 1000 points of damage.

Details here...
well, i was commenting more about fighting the spammers, which was utilizing the blackrock by it's other use placing it on the ground. provided you have enough blackrock, you could clear every single spammer there that is unattended...

testing the mechanics, i've went through roughly 60 pieces with varied results of doing mere damage to the spammers, to warping them outside the house, to them blowing up completely. goes well with my character that is a follower of the shadowlords. a gm was paged on me, supposively, but none had addressed anything with me since. i have noticed that certain ghosts that still spammed the words got removed...

curiously, you can still give pieces of blackrock to the shadowlords, but haven't noticed if it does anything. i'd of thought it would put their protection back up, or at least heal them.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not actually managed to get a cloak yet, and only got the one at Moonglow. I'm considering becoming nocturnal, there might be a few less people there. Why on earth did they make the SL spawns run one after the other, instead of simutaneous? Too many people, in too small a space.

S

slavoie

Not actually managed to get a cloak yet, and only got the one at Moonglow. I'm considering becoming nocturnal, there might be a few less people there. Why on earth did they make the SL spawns run one after the other, instead of simutaneous? Too many people, in too small a space.

They do start the day simutaneously, but as the day goes their time gets off. They spawn two hours after they are killed. So if the group kills them faster at one and then goes to the other over the course of the day the timers get off.

C

Coppelia

Well if you manage to bring 5 frenzied ostards on contact with the Shadowlord, that's a feat already :D

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of it comes from Mining: At GM, you have a chance to randomly pull some up out of any ore node. It looks like the smaller gems, but it's, well, black.

Since it doesn't stack, doesn't despawn, and scripters tend to mine a lot, it could be found by simply running around the wilderness until you found a player house with a ton of the stuff sitting out on the lawn.

Presumably people have started hoarding it again now that it finally has a use once more.

G

Gladius

Small Blackrock Pieces are still dropping as Minor Artifacts from Tokuno monsters. Ironicaly, I got a piece of blackrock from a Shadowlord! :D
Yeah happened to me too didn't even see him tho coz of all the GD's/EV's/Dexxers all on top of him hehe.

Well thanks anyways SL for being kind enough to see my wee bit character amongst the hordes of maniacs out there trying to kill you! There was soo much stupidity down there that folks were still trying to cast magic words or shoot EV's even after the SL had already died, btw what does the shield of SL look like anyone got a picture to show?

-G-

G

Gladius

PACK INSTINCT AHA!!

Bring your Dread Warhorse and Firesteed and get your CLOAKS honestly they look better on female players anyway hehe.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That only works if someone else there has a greater dragon...

And I hope that the real shadowlords will have a rather nasty area effect spell to counter the low-hit-point huge damage dealers.

With regards to casting armageddon, if you are only casting that spell, you are guaranteed to be the #4 damage dealer or less. There are several methods of dealing rather intense damage that will deal more than 100 points a second (on average).

I rather enjoy seeing greater dragons at the fight because each GD is another character I'm guaranteed to out-damage.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Human JoAT + Necro Items + Wraith Form + Armor Ignore spam = Cloak

Z

Zodia

Human JoAT + Necro Items + Wraith Form + Armor Ignore spam = Cloak
JoAT doesn't stack with items.
Meaning, humans have 20 Necro from JoAT. Adding +30 in jewels will not give you 50 necro, it will give you 30 necro skill.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, and I believe there ALREADY IS code to deal with the spammers, to an extent.

So far, I've gotten 4 cloaks tonight.

In 3 of the cases, I did not cast off armegeddon until after SEVERAL other people had already said it, yet mine was the one that went off.

Either there's a timer that only allows one of the attempts every so often by the same player to count, or the SL event code is ignoring a random number of attempts before allowing one to go off.

As I once tried 3 times before it went off the 3rd time, standing with one solo, it might be the latter - but could still very well be the other hypothesis.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

quoted for friggin truth my friend. i couldnt have said it better.