• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get Doom Artie Drops?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello all. I'm trying to figure out the best method to get Doom drops. I've been going to Doom once a week for about 2 months. I usually travel with a large party (8-10 folks). I've been casting as fast as I can as a necro-mage (usually casting fireballs, ebolts, flamestrikes, and EVs) and have yet to get any artie drops. We usually go through the entire gantlet circuit twice including clearing out all of the Dark Fathers. I'm wearing about 200 luck on the suit.

Is it a matter of me not causing enough damage, not enough luck on the suit, or just that, shear random bad luck? Do "points" accumulate like the drops in the anti-virtue dungeons? In otherwords, will I automatically get a drop eventually?

How can I maximize my chances of getting some artie drops? My template is below. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

J

jelinidas

Are you getting looting rights to everything killed?

My archer gets 3X as many arties as my bard/mage in the same amount of time. Sounds like your damage is too low.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If looting rights is defined as being able to open the corpse immediately upon the monster's death, then the answer is yes. Could that be because I'm partied?

I don't know if I am in the top 3 causing damage to the monster. Probably not. Not sure if that matters.

-OBSIDIAN-

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the luck, here is a tip.

Get yourself a Luck Statue from the Legacy dungeons and take it with you and insure it. Thats always + luck for atleast a hour a day. :)

A

Arch Magus

If you are partied you will always be able to open the corpse, yes.
It's possible you aren't getting rights.
If you are doing at least 200 dmg to most bosses in the long run though, you will get rights.

With the new drop system in place all you need to do is be patient. Two rounds of the gauntlet is not a lot. With each boss your chance is increasing and eventually you will get something.

good luck

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok, thanks. That makes me feel better. I thought the drops worked much like the anti-virtue dungeons. I've gotten a lot of drops there, however, and nothing in doom. So it was starting to concern me. I'm causing over 200 damage on each monster I engage. I can't dish out as fast as a tamer with a greater dragon or some of the dexer templates, but I'm being effective. I'll just keep at it!

What about the luck piece, however? Will I really see a difference if I get my luck above 600?

-OBSIDIAN-

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say try it unpartied and see if you have more luck getting drops.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only get points if you are in the top 10 damagers. I believe that if you can loot the boss corpse as soon as it dies, then you are in the top 10 damagers.

You should have got an arty by now after 16 circuits of Doom. Maybe you are not in the top 10 damagers. As a mage if there are 20 people in Doom and most are dexers and archers, you might struggle to be in the top 10 damagers.

To increase your damage, use the appropriate slayer spellbook for each boss, Undead or Demon, with spells that target their lowest resists. See http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/doom.php. You can get a Undead slayer spellbook doing the Inscription training quest in New Haven.

Or just play an archer. Slayer bow (Mischief Maker and The Night Reaper or better), Enemy Of One and Consecrate Weapon every 8 seconds and your set.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks all for the inputs. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that my necro-mage was built for champ spawns... and that for Doom he's not the best template. I have an ABC archer in development, but he's not ready for prime-time yet. Maybe I need to speed him up...

But, while my necro is my primary char, I'd like to boost his effectiveness. I am carrying an Undead slayer spellbook, though I've only found it useful for the Lich Lords, rotting corpses, and other undead that spawn from the DF's bones. I do not have a demon slayer spellbook. It is high on my shopping list, but I don't have the funds for it yet. For all of the side rooms, however, I haven't figured out what, if any, are the right slayers for each room. I've been carrying a basic Scrappers through all of those rooms. If I can maximize the slayers alone, that should get me on the top 10 damage list for each monster I engage.

I found the slayer susceptibility list here: http://www.uoguide.com/Doom_Gauntlet#Gauntlet. I'll have to try to maximize those.

-OBSIDIAN-

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Here's my doom miner temp:

Lorcan Ludovic (Elf)

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
90 Tactics
90 Bushido
90 Healing
90 Anatomy
115 spellweaving
60 med
75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)

I visited Doom for my first time on Sunday. I got a drop within 45 minutes. The beauty of this template is in the weaving. The strategy is 1) natures fury/summon fey to tank, 2) EOO, 3) Consecrate, 4) lighting strike (repeated). Against travesty, DFs, invader generals, etc., I usually hit for 120-130 damage. 5) Thrown in an occasional wildfire for an extra punch. 6) Finally, when their hp is down, WOD 2-3 times for 300 damage each time, or a total of 900 damage in under 15 seconds.

Needless to say, this is my new favorite character. One note, I do try to stick with mana leech bows - at least 40% - so I don't run out of mana.

PS: Armor Details, for those interested (I always am, but no one ever posts)-

Arties: hunter's headdress, quiver of infinity, conjurer's trinket, ornament of the magician, ring of the vile, stormgrip, rune beetle carapace, crimson cincture
Resists: Physical 70, Fire 70, Cold 70, Poison 70, Energy 75
HCI 40% (max), DCI 5%, DI 55%
FC 2, FCR 3, MI 15, MR 5, LMC 25%
HPI 20, HPR 5, StI 4, SR 6

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for doom i found if it says you got a good amount of fame your ok.
also, ive gotten more arties from the lesser bosses...

with that said, 2x around isnt enough..
sometimes takes 10 or more.
also you need a slayer wep/spellbook
undead and demon

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks all for your advice. I got my first doom artie drop on Friday (Ornate Crown of the Harrower). Slayer spellbooks seemed to make the difference for me!

-OBSIDIAN-