• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to get a Castle - How I got Mine last week!

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice story!

It's always nice to see hard work and patience pay off (very well even).

Have fun with your castle

G

Thats the true old school way on a densly populated shard to do it.

Reminds me how the Legend of placing from way back in the day (FFBooks) placed all of his town on Europa.

G

That is freakin awesome! I am very glad to have had a chance to hear this story. Congrats on your castle and big props for your patience and persistance.

I

imported_CaesarDoP

* Tips his hat to FishNaxter1 *

What a great story. When I played owning a Castle was always my Dream, I wanted to set up a Museum on Great Lake. But I never got the Castle and all my
Rares and collectables were given away.

Enjoy your new Home.

Peace be with You FishNaxter1

Caesar

G

That is an awesome story! If anyone ever deserved to get a castle through hard work, you did.

D

Drau Blud - LS

Absolutley GREAT story Naxter! Congratulations. Incredible diligence.

There it is folks. The REASON this game lives on ten years later.

That is all.
Drau

G

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so true...

when i started i scoureged the land for a simple 7x7.. eventually paid 2m for aminoc 7x7.. oh yes an it was worth it!!! ..and when i see the keeps and castles i wet my pants !!! and wanted one.....

well i have placed 5-6 keeps .. just iam wantiong the end game!!

the castle.....soon...i ..hope....

G

Nice story! congrats.

I don't have a castle, just a max storage home. But I did give up my previous home to allow placement for our new guild castle.

UO rocks.

D

DVDA

Im surpised a scripter wasnt AFK camping ready place castle from under you....

G

Hi there,

well done.
Thank you for a great story.

I really would like a home that is bigger than 18x18 and customisable.

Regards
The Scandinavian

S

Sees Far

Congrats Fish!

I got mine a couple months ago. Not as epic a story as yours, just an extremely fortuitous set of circumstances.

Keep goes worn. Scripters fail to show up for fall. I discover that the 2 large houses behind the keep are owned by good friends of mine. Long story short - new BoE Guild Hall on the best castle spot on the shard!

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats from me as well.

Sounds like I placed the castle on my green zone near the Yew orc area on Drachenfels where I had a big tower since about 2002. Took also years to see all the other houses fall. The second last fell (or has been demolished after I asked on a Spanish UO website for the owner) during the last Return to Britannia event.
Now I had only come into contact with a guild member who did hold the last house there, which was not belonging to me.

After I got on hold with him, I was searching for another place to get him a new home. While searching for a Keep spot on Arctic Island in Felucca, I spotted a place on which a castle could fit from experience - tried one time and it hit in the first try. Quickly logged to the guildmates account, brought him there, placed after xx tries finally successfully.

So now we both have a castle as the result of this.
*Salute*
Olahorand