• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to disable auto-follow ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure what happens here, but while casting a Rising Colossus to the feet of a Void Manifestation right after I click the ground to summon the RC I auto-follow to there and, of course, die to the Void.

I did check ALT-O (classic client) and I do have pathfinding disabled (box unchecked).

I could not find anything as in regards to auto-follow.

I mention auto-follow because when I start walking contrary to my will, towards the RC and the Void, I get a grey message saying that I start following.

Anyone has a clue what is going on here and how I can disable this damn thing ?

Yet another day that I set myself to try kill that damn Void and for one reason or another I cannot seem to get the damn job done.......... seems a curse..........

Thanks.

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I occasionally have the same problem with EVs. Its because I use an Alt+key combination to trigger the macro. If the client still sees the Alt button as pressed when you target the RC or EV then off you go following it.

I don't want to turn off the auto-follow feature so I have become a little more careful that the Alt key is not still pressed when I target the spell. It still happens sometimes so I watch for the "Now Following" message and give the mouse a quick right click to cancel the auto-follow if necessary.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I occasionally have the same problem with EVs. Its because I use an Alt+key combination to trigger the macro. If the client still sees the Alt button as pressed when you target the RC or EV then off you go following it.

I don't want to turn off the auto-follow feature so I have become a little more careful that the Alt key is not still pressed when I target the spell. It still happens sometimes so I watch for the "Now Following" message and give the mouse a quick right click to cancel the auto-follow if necessary.

I also use a Alt+key macro so that could be it.

I have no need for auto-follow so how can I disable it for good to make sure it won't happen again ?

I'd rather not do the right click as I learned how a minimal mistake with Void Manifestation means sure death. I just do not want to take my chances and prefer to just disable the auto-follow in the Classic Client for good.

But how ??

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I also use a Alt+key macro so that could be it.

I have no need for auto-follow so how can I disable it for good to make sure it won't happen again ?

I'd rather not do the right click as I learned how a minimal mistake with Void Manifestation means sure death. I just do not want to take my chances and prefer to just disable the auto-follow in the Classic Client for good.

But how ??
As far as I know there isn't a way to disable it in the Client.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You 'auto follow' a mobile when you click on it with alt depressed. I know of no way to turn it off. Is there some reason why you need to have the alt key depressed when you target the spell? I have evs on alt+x but I've never had this problem, I've always let go of the keys before the targetting cursor comes up.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You 'auto follow' a mobile when you click on it with alt depressed. I know of no way to turn it off. Is there some reason why you need to have the alt key depressed when you target the spell? I have evs on alt+x but I've never had this problem, I've always let go of the keys before the targetting cursor comes up.

Well, no particular reason but now I am used to it since I have been using it forever that I can remember.

Probably now that the action needs more speed because of the way the Void Manifestation has been aggressively designed, I am forced to use it faster and it gets in between my casting forcing me to auto follow.

I had never experienced this problem before probably because before I had not run into something like the Void Manifestation that can target players from so far away and is so fast to jump on players in no time. Besides, if it sees me it starts casting all sorts of debuffs. I have counted up to 6 debuffs on me while trying to run away (which is impossible because once it targets a player it slows the player down so much that there is no escape route).

The problem is that as it sees me, it equals certain death so my only defense is not being seen. There's no other way. That's why I cast fast and then make distance between me and the Void and this having to be so hectic probably causes the auto follow.

If it cannot be disabled for good then I guess I am forced to have to get used to a different macro. That's quite unfortunate but I do not see any other option....

I cannot cast using the key I am used to, more relaxedly simply because the aggressivened of the Void Manifestation does not give me any room at all. Either I am faster than I can or I am dead. No middle ground here, unfortunately.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There should be a way to turn it off. It´s annoying when not intended... :p