• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to capture screen in the EC?

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ever since the last patch or two, I can't use the Printscreen button to capture an image in the EC. All I get now is a black image using the paste (ctrl-V) command. This used to work, pasting into Paint or GIMP. Did something change?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
As a workaround try using the screenshot key from under options or try Alt+Print key

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
As a workaround try using the screenshot key from under options or try Alt+Print key
Tried that and it's not working either. I even changed the default screen capture key assignment in the EC, and doesn't work. I don't remember changing any key assignments before, so not sure what's happening. Is yours working, or is it just mine that's bonked?

Maybe I posted in the wrong forum, but was trying to capture a pic of stats on a fresh tame.

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Mine works, then again im using windowed mode. Black screen is usually an indication of hardware acceleration offloading the image to the gpu. That way its inaccessible to the printscreen windows function

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I get now is a black image using the paste (ctrl-V) command. This used to work, pasting into Paint or GIMP. Did something change?
Why use Ctrl+V to paste?

All the screen shots are saved in .bmp format in the following folder on your computer:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\Screen Shot

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Why use Ctrl+V to paste?

All the screen shots are saved in .bmp format in the following folder on your computer:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\Screen Shot
I was going to tell you NUH-UH...

and then I remembered that I remapped my Documents folder to a large 1Tb Data drive, while Windows 7 and games are on a fast SSD. Sure enough, it's on the Win 7 drive in the folder you indicated.

Thank you, DJAD.