• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to break into your own house in 60 seconds...

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
For those that have that chest stuck inside the roof which was hidden under it here is a way to get it Without having to re-customize and redecorate your entire house.

If you have a floor placed under your roof like I do you setup a goza mat and raise it up then place a ladder on it. Efield the area your standing on and make a gate under the ladder. Double click the gate to enter then double click it to go back and your on the ladder and you can get that awesome chest.
*That you have been searching for with your sweet decorations you thought you lost six months ago.*

Obviously this cannot be done unless you are the owner since you have to place a ladder

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a bit lazier than that, I'll just unlock the item then click customize and quickly exit the menu. This pops the item under the house sign. :thumbsup:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
It also for people that decorate with Gozas, Rubble Tables that put them on half walls have to do 500% more work. So for people like me I am more lazy heh

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also for people that decorate with Gozas, Rubble Tables that put them on half walls have to do 500% more work. So for people like me I am more lazy heh
Thats true! I had some flowers perched in an area I couldn't get to outside of the house by the wall, and remembered (luckily) that I could use a ladder to get up there, before I went back into customize (would have messed some things up).

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does the e-field do?
If you need to change house levels (like your keep or castle roof prior to goza mats or ladders) you can cast efield on yourself, log out then back in, and it will pop you to a different floor (the roof if you did it right, IE blocked the other places you could have ended up).