• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How to apply stair rails?

belgare231

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an outside staircase and I would like to put a railing on it leading up to next floor. I see slanted rails in the menu but I have no clue how to actually apply them going upwards? (or downwards too in that matter). Any ideas?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk the Dev into addressing all the broken housing tile pieces that need reworked... =) or rework your house, actually I can't say that with out looking at your particular house but there's a good chance it cant be done with out reworking some things at the very least....

belgare231

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a pic of my staircase in lower right part of house.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2037/housekq.jpg

Currently you can walk off it onto the grass but I know once I put flowers down on the grass strip you can no longer walk off the stairs...however visually I'd like to add a rail to it. Or is this something for a wish list?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first what are you riding on in that pic? and er um second you gotta wait till I can patch and actually get on TC and build something to look at that with...

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm sorry to say No and I was fairly certain of that to begin with but its been a while This is one of the biggest things I hate about the housing editor railings need to be like roof tiles... adjustable and they also need to be allowed to float as it is the only way you can even remotely make it work is if your stairs are just the bottom fourth of the stairs and your wanna do a railing on the east side and even so in your set up you would need to have floor tiles at the base of the steps to the east *Sighs* I was really hoping they might change this by now... oh well sorry =(

belgare231

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's my cu sidhe I'm on. That's what I was afraid of. Having the rails act like roof tiles would be a great idea actually. I really hope they implement that! Thanks for checking into it for me. :thumbsup: