• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How the hell do you transfer an account to someone anymore

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
without using the 30 dollar account transfer bs

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
without using the 30 dollar account transfer bs
This is what ive been trying to figure out....Ive been trying so hard to find a way to unlink an account lol

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of my problems too. I pay from time to time for someone elses account, who currently does not play UO any more and allowed me to use his account - but I neither want to link his UO account to my EA ID nor create an EA ID for him.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yet another way for them to increase their bottom line. They have never liked folks selling accounts, but I guess now as long as they get their cut it's all good.

T

Tinsil

Account trading and sharing has always been a huge part of UO.. moreso than any other game due to things like the benefits of cross-sharding, housing, etc.

P

PapaKarlson

This is one of my problems too. I pay from time to time for someone elses account, who currently does not play UO any more and allowed me to use his account - but I neither want to link his UO account to my EA ID nor create an EA ID for him.
you have to create an EA Account for it. best thing to do is to create one for him with a fresh e-mail address to keep it separate from your accounts, then he can change the e-mail and passwords later when you explain what happened w/ the account system.

W

Woodsman

Account trading and sharing has always been a huge part of UO.. moreso than any other game due to things like the benefits of cross-sharding, housing, etc.
Yeah, especially the housing. There are a lot of people paying for accounts that are doing nothing more than holding houses for player towns, players that have left, etc.