• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] How tell difference between pre-patch golem and regular golem?

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you tell the difference between pre-patch golem and regular golem? or would one have to prove and test manually if the golems takes no damage with 100% poison weapon?

-thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe that it can be lored by someone with 120 Animal Lore (maybe as low as 110 - not sure).

R

RichDC

Im going to sound stupid here probs but...what is the difference?

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a pre patch Golem, I think you can tell if you just sit there and watch it for a while. A Pre Patch golem will not lose any hitpoints whilst being hit by it's owner with a 100% poison weapon. On the other hand if you watch somebody hit with a 100% poison weap and it does take damage then you know it's not pre-patch.

Last i saw a pre-patch golem sell was for about 15mil.

Elf.

R

RichDC

so is the only difference between the 1% poison resistance?

thats a ridiculous amount of gold for something you dont even need! (there are other things out there with 100% poison resist)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the pre-patched golems wouldn't take any damage when hit by a 100% poison weapon. The new ones take 1 point, so if your hitting a max swing speed, it is easy to knock the health down pretty quick. You can repair the golem either with a tinker or if you have spellweaving, cast gift of renewal on it. Just don't fall asleep. :eek:

R

RichDC

Yeah the pre-patched golems wouldn't take any damage when hit by a 100% poison weapon. The new ones take 1 point, so if your hitting a max swing speed, it is easy to knock the health down pretty quick. You can repair the golem either with a tinker or if you have spellweaving, cast gift of renewal on it. Just don't fall asleep. :eek:
So i was right in thinking that a pre patch golem is a 15mil stableable (not sure if thats a word) artic ogre lord!

WOW.

Dont know if i should have said that if you dryad allure an artic ogre lord it works the same as a golem (oh and will go to gm-gm in the skills) with 100% poison resist so no dmg taken no loss of durability on weap

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"So i was right in thinking that a pre patch golem is a 15mil stableable"

Yes this is correct.

Elf.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found that I gain faster with an Arctic Ogre Lord. Could be random I suppose.