How should EA handle cheaters once found?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Cal_Mythic

Several years ago there was an article in GameInformer ... or perhaps it was GamesforWindows magazine.

But the jest of it was the difference between cheaters and exploiters.

Cheaters are basically those who find a loophole in the game and use it to their own benefit ...

For example: finding a spot where a monsters cannot get to you and using it to farm, then buying a house with the gold. Simply personal gain.

Exploiting is using that same spot, getting the gold then spamming the player base with ways of making more money (for you) from it ... or somehow causing detriment to other players and their gameplay through your activities.

Now being responsible for this game... there is what I'd like to do ... and what I am allowed to do.

What I'd like to do is (#$^#&$^# *#$*^!!! *#&$*Y# ... and another thing .. #*$&*#^#$!!@@@) and their stuffed animals!

What I am allowed to do on the record will follow the rule of law, fall within the scope of EA's Term of Service and End User License Agreements :)

Have a nice day.

C

Cal_Mythic

"Cheaters are basically those who find a loophole in the game and use it to their own benefit ...

For example: finding a spot where a monsters cannot get to you and using it to farm, then buying a house with the gold. Simply personal gain.

Exploiting is using that same spot, getting the gold then spamming the player base with ways of making more money (for you) from it ... or somehow causing detriment to other players and their gameplay through your activities."

So its ok to script and speedhack?
No. Speedhacking is exploiting. So no it is not acceptable. I actually did get an update from the engineers on 3rd party program detection as well as movement .. before I speak out of turn or give an update on either let's wait a couple days for the publishes ... this week. :)