• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How old are you?

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you just... didn't post in it till later on?

Check the date i posted that i was 16 :O full on proof! HAH.

G

GrazTheStampede

All this talk about age reminds me of when I got started at 20, now in about 2 and a half months Ill be 24.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Dear god... I just read this post... it's ancient.

I posted in this when I was 16

I'm now 19... *shudder*

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY THREAD BUMPAGE!!!
I was 18 when I originally posted :p 20 now and about to be 21 this November. =O

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao dol.... i'm officially depressed by this thread

It highlights just how long we've been playing... and this is only like a quarter of the entire time i've been on UO

I

imported_Spiffykeen

I've only aged a year! *cries*.... then again... I only got in on the second ressurection of this thread.....

G

ancient thread revival 4tw!

i'm 21 now... not about to see how far back i originally posted.

stuffa, how the hell did you find this post to bring it back? this is ooooold, man.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao, i was having a nostalgia trip, trying to read up on some of my past posts from ages past

I came across that as being the oldest one in my posts

Sadly it only all goes back to 04 - but I had an account for like 2 years prior to that i think on stratics :S gawd...

*wipes a tear*

G

56+++ here. .

Just had my 64th on 12/19 Have been playing for nearly 7 years now so I wasn't a kid when I started . . I have enjoyed every moment in the game and reading all the posts here on Stratics. .

G

True story. My 7 year old son, Liam, was asking me about churches and said, "Oh Daddy, you probably didn't go to churches when you were little because they didn't have them." He then sees the look of horror on my faces and says, "Well you did, but they were all probably made out of wood." Now by wood he means logs. WTF! How old do I look? Funny though.

R

Rhiannon of Luna

I saw this post and thought I would take the opportunity to update my age and tell an interesting story.

First off, I'll be 48 in a month, but have always felt that age is irrelevant. It's more what's in your heart that determines your age. And judging by the fact that I have played UO for 9 years, as well as scores of other games throughout the years, I don't see me getting old anytime soon!

Secondly, I went to visit my daughter and two-year old grandson last week. I was amused to see that my grandson has an old non-working cell phone he carries around and "makes calls" on. He will never know a world that didn't have cell phones. Heck, when I was a teenager, my folks had a "party line" which meant when we needed to use our phone (which was located on the wall in our kitchen), we had to check to see if anyone else on our road was using the line. Seriously.

G

i have heard of these.... party lines... and they intruige me. perhaps you could tell me how badly they sucked? was there ever someone who just never got off the phone? could you listen to other people's conversations?

i like to get a full appreciation for modern technology by comparing it to antiquated suckiness.
besides, a little history never hurt anyone

G

Im 27 now...growing old! *cry*

Ah well only 3 years of dreading the big 30! *counts down*

G

Wow... uh... hmmm... I was 41-45 range when I first posted... and still 41-45 range.

But I'm getting tired of shaving that old man in the mirror.....

A

Acara

<blockquote><hr>

52, but I haven’t decided what I want to be when I grow up. [image]/php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 38, and have decided not to grow up

G

Ghosty

Next February, I'm celebrating the 29th anniversary of my 19th birthday.

Fire Kitten

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rhiannon I chuckled when I ready your post! When I was younger (presently 47) I lived with my gram and she too had a party line. My brother and I used to have so much fun sitting and listening to all the chatter from whoever was talking. Little did we know the gossip we could have generated. hehe.

I too am one that views age as a number. You're as young as you feel and I don't feel old by any means.. *giggles* and Rhiannon I am green with envy! I am looking forward to grandchildren! *hint hint to the kids* Get going!

G

Just turned 60 last month. Still haven't grown up yet (not that I am trying too hard).

R

Rhiannon of Luna

<blockquote><hr>

i have heard of these.... party lines... and they intruige me. perhaps you could tell me how badly they sucked? was there ever someone who just never got off the phone? could you listen to other people's conversations?

i like to get a full appreciation for modern technology by comparing it to antiquated suckiness.
besides, a little history never hurt anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the party lines sucked, but then we didn't use phones like we do now. Yes, you could hear other people's conversations but I don't remember people being on the phone that long. And if there was an emergency, you just asked the other folks to hang up. They would gladly do so and ask if they could help with the problem in any way.

Appreciation for modern technology? You bet! I have a cell phone that doubles as a PDA, has all the Microsoft office applications, plays music, and has an alarm to set if I'm away from home and need to get up at a certain time. And with my bluetooth headset, I basically take my home office mobile.

Yes, us old fogies have a much greater appreciation for what we have now. And when you see us in Britannia, say "hail and well met" loudly. We can't hear very well.

G

Not old by any means, but it's scary how much more real aging has become to me! I'm freaking out about being adequately prepared for retirement, lol.

Hopefully, UO and my 27 year old hubby will help keep me young.

I

imported_badskidmarks

Ugh...32 and feeling 50 most days....that's what a lot of hard years in the Army will do to you....though I must admit being a single dad for an awesome little 5 year old girl helps keep me young sometimes too...Strawberry Shortcake FTW!...lol....

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 36, and new to these threads but not new to the game - been playing for the last 3 years - well, account age is 35 months... looking forward to getting some new vet rewards next month! It's cool to see how many people that play are on the older side. I expected to see more younger people, it's nice to know I'm not the only "big kid" addicted to UO!
~ Ali (short for Alison)

G

This body of mine is 26-30 age range...

I feel so old though.. so very old.. *waves his cane*

R

rstake

Surprisingly alot of older players here....but then, this game's been around for awhile for us to grow up with...

I'm 27 and dreading getting closer to 30's.....ugh.

L

LuNcHMeaT

<blockquote><hr>

Since there is a new thread on this, I thought I'd bring this back to the front page so people can see how much they have changed in the past year or two.

[/ QUOTE ]
you brought this back up so people could see how much they have aged in the past year or two? nice...

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

as of right now i am 8085 days old.

[/ QUOTE ]so that makes you 22?

O

ObiThree

almost 39, this is an old thread, i found an earlier post of mine from when i was 36- whew, doesnt seem that long ago....

J

Justy

<blockquote><hr>

41-45 group
&lt;br&gt;Here is a picture of my little angel.
&lt;br&gt;Taken with a cellphone camera.
&lt;br&gt;He is almost eight months and loves Ultima. [image]/php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif[/image]
&lt;br&gt;By the way he looks exactly like my baby pictures [image]/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]
&lt;br&gt;

&lt;br&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh when this thread started Tiff's little angel was 8 months. Now he must be near 3 and a half. Where does the time go?

BTW I'm 35 now.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah... i had that nostalgia about 5 months ago when i brought the thread back up and noticed when i first posted i was 16 and now I'm 19 lmao. I'm gonna be 20 in may :S *ph33r*

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry everyone... I'm having a terrible day in which I'm resorting to every method possible to avoid writing an essay. Stratics seems to be the only thing quickly available at the moment.

Its time for the semi-annual update of this thread on my part. I always love to freak myself out with this and always seem to somehow re-stumble up on it. This time I clicked "find all posts by Stuffa," scrolled to the oldest one I could find, and this appeared.

I think I used to post even before that, mind.

It's quite alarming to see a noticeable difference in the context I write everything. Anyone else still around that posted on this thread aeons ago?

I posted on it when I was 16 and now I'm 21. Eek.

Anyway... back to this essay...

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
26-30 age group. Will be 28 this coming Saturday....Wow 30 is sure coming fast! :(