• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How often do the Shadowlords spawn

• Thread starter Nyte Doombringer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nyte Doombringer

ÒK so these shadowlords are at 3 diff places, but how often do they spawn, does anyone know?

F

Foolio the Bard

Halfday intervals, says the patch notes.

What that means, I don't know.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Halfday intervals, says the patch notes.

What that means, I don't know.
Hmm if its every 12 hours. 2x a real day. That means Atlantic was about 12:30 pm (when they were killed) and would be 12:30 am.

That seems to exclude a lot of players, Id say.

That cant be right.

Please PLEASE make this random. Argh. TIMER BOTS woohoo.

F

Foolio the Bard

It's either real days or UO days (UO day = 2 hours).

I asked the Test Center people this but never got a reply. Everytime I looked on test center (albeit only twice) the Manifestations were nowhere to be found.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was twice a UO day as someone from Atlantic posted that three were already slain on Atlantic. In the past, vanguards spawned at midnight UO so perhaps the Shadowlords do the same. Grab a watch or clock and keep an eye out!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No sign of it at UO midnight on Europa..can anyone whos actually fought them fill us in?

R

RavenWinterHawk

I thought it was twice a UO day as someone from Atlantic posted that three were already slain on Atlantic. In the past, vanguards spawned at midnight UO so perhaps the Shadowlords do the same. Grab a watch or clock and keep an eye out!
I was wondering... I have like 30 cloaks of corruption from last event. Aside from those... I dont really need to kill the shadowlords but for the love of loot that might drop correct?

F

Foolio the Bard

I thought it was twice a UO day as someone from Atlantic posted that three were already slain on Atlantic. In the past, they spawned at midnight UO time so grab a watch or clock and keep an eye out.
3 spawned on every shard when they came back from the publish. They are all 3 dead on my shard too (i got a cloak hooray!).

F

Foolio the Bard

No sign of it at UO midnight on Europa..can anyone whos actually fought them fill us in?
The midnight thing is from a past event.

I fought the Mt. Sho one as soon as the shards came back up (like ~45 mins ago). All 3 are dead. When they respawn (the halfday interval) is still undetermined as far as I know.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Dont you think this is a little stupid, only 3 spawn and maybe 1 or 2 times a day, so yet again something else you have to camp. lol

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The midnight thing is from a past event.

I fought the Mt. Sho one as soon as the shards came back up (like ~45 mins ago). All 3 are dead. When they respawn (the halfday interval) is still undetermined as far as I know.
Yes, the Vanguard event :) Just a theory that half-day intervals means noon and midnight, UO time.

F

Foolio the Bard

Yes, the last spawning Shadowlord event :) Just a theory that half-day intervals means noon and midnight, UO time.
Sorry, I misunderstood. My bad.
You have a good theory. I just bought a clock from the tinker so I'll test it out too.

Were about 35 real mins away from one UO day since they first spawned on my shard.

F

Foolio the Bard

Ok, just did some extensive testing on my shard.

The "halfday" interval is not based on a UO day.

Been almost 2.5 hours since the shards came up, and except for the initial spawn of 3 at server up, none have respawned.

D

Dai FHA

well if they are going on real life time i guess the stuff will be quite rare since most will be working or sleeping at 12 am and pm. ;-(

F

Foolio the Bard

well if they are going on real life time i guess the stuff will be quite rare since most will be working or sleeping at 12 am and pm. ;-(
What will be rare?
They only drop Cloaks of Corruption and minor ToTs so it isn't like they are dropping things that haven't been available elsewhere (or still available in the case of the ToTs).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok, just did some extensive testing on my shard.

The "halfday" interval is not based on a UO day.

Been almost 2.5 hours since the shards came up, and except for the initial spawn of 3 at server up, none have respawned.
ditto on ls in the waste anyway

D

Dai FHA

What will be rare?
They only drop Cloaks of Corruption and minor ToTs so it isn't like they are dropping things that haven't been available elsewhere (or still available in the case of the ToTs).
well i meant the cloaks, i know people have lots of them from before but alot of us dont

L

lady renesme

some people sitting in spawn area for hours waiting, some people saying half real life day they spawn,

which is it??

:p

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between three of us, we've been watching the waste for four hours now.

I would guess per half real day.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
We put watchers at each spawn area.

F

Foolio the Bard

Already posted about this couple hours ago in 2 threads.

It's not half a UO day. So it is likely 12 hours -- we shall see tonight.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Bah another dumb lame event set aound times no one else plays except Gold Scripters.

B

blublub_9

What will be rare?
What about us that didn't play when the cloaks of Corruption did spawn before this event...
We are shafted for returning to an event that rules out the majority of the player base, just becouse the crappy spawn timer.

Bah!

F

Foolio the Bard

Well the shards are going down in 20 mins. When they come back its likely the Manifestations will be respawned. Here is your chance! :)

S

sirrojen

I just wanted to agree that some of us have lives outside of UO and some of us were in a break during the last time those were available, so from the sounds of it I am completely discluded from this event seeing as how I work 2 jobs and only get to play 3 hours a day, appearantly that makes me uber casual.

TERRIBLE IDEA EA OR WHOEVER MADE THIS DECISION, SHAME ON YOU

P

pgcd

So, did anybody find when they respawn yet? 12 RT hours? 12 UO hours? 12 UO hours but it's broken and they never respawn?

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the spawn is still broken on many shards. they were spawning at half uo day intervals for me until server down this morning. now they are behind schedule.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think an official reply from a dev is in order......the statement they give for spawning is too vauge,( or is it vague?)

P

pgcd

I think an official reply from a dev is in order......the statement they give for spawning is too vauge,( or is it vague?)
Me, I don't mind vague - as long as someone actually saw them spawn again today after server up...

Z

Zodia

Nothing is broken. They spawn at server up, and then again 12 RL hours later. As someone who has been keeping extensive tabs, I can tell you they never spawned at half-UO day intervals (that would be every hour lol).

Starting yesterday they spawned at:

EAST COAST SHARDS
12:30am (server up after pub)
7:15pm (server up after emergency pub)
5:15am (server up - regular time)

WEST COAST SHARDS
9:30am (server up after pub)
4:15pm (server up after emergency pub)
4:15am (12 hours since last spawn)

[notice the difference in that East coast shards never had 12 hours up without maintanence]

Next spawn today is APPROXIMATELY 5-5:30pm your server time.

P

pgcd

Nothing is broken. They spawn at server up, and then again 12 RL hours later. As someone who has been keeping extensive tabs, I can tell you they never spawned at half-UO day intervals (that would be every hour lol).

Starting yesterday they spawned at:

EAST COAST SHARDS
12:30am (server up after pub)
7:15pm (server up after emergency pub)

WEST COAST SHARDS
9:30am (server up after pub)
4:15pm (server up after emergency pub)
4:15am (12 hours since last spawn)

[notice the difference in that East coast shards never had 12 hours up without maintanence]

Next spawn today is APPROXIMATELY 5-5:30pm your server time.
Thank you -- I can confirm the SL duly appeared (18:36 GMT+1 DST).

M

MonkeyDLuffy

Thanks you for the clarification, but what about people who has regular jobs....
5am ==> sleeping
5pm ==> at work or stuck in traffic.